All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Winning with a bit of grace is easy, its biting the lip and accepting your lot when you lose is the difficult thing sometimes, but thats sport.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Shrewdness

Can any of the Kerry lads tell me what has become of Paddy Curran, that impressive Kerry minor of 2006.?

Kerry Mike

he's had a few bad injuries recently, hopefully he will get back to his potential
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

EIREANNACH

enjoyed this thread
some good debates....some eejits
down were the hungrier team and wanted the win more than kerry
but every dog has its day
enjoyed seeing us pitted against Kerry at HQ.
NOW LOOKING FORWARD TO KILDARE
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

Frank Casey

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 03, 2010, 11:25:06 PM
Can any of the Kerry lads tell me what has become of Paddy Curran, that impressive Kerry minor of 2006.?

Paddy is recovering from his second cruciate injury.

Have been quiet for the last couple of days.

Well done the men of Mourne. No complaints, out played, out foxed and out scored. Keep your record up and win the auld canister now.
KERRY 3:7

DuffleKing

It's gas reading back through this man's old posts when you see some of the knee jerk,  stone wall certain "i'm well connected in county x" analysis. some of his articulations on McGeeney are a comedy sketch on their own, but i thought the pre down / kerry game was a new high for Indi boy...

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2010, 08:07:15 PM
More chance of Roscommon winning the all ireland then Down beating Kerry. Who have Down beaten?

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 08:21:36 PM
self delusion is truly a wonderful thing. Down have 2 players Kerry would want and Down think this is a game they can win? Lets be very clear about this. This is not a game Down can win.

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 09:13:24 PM
Down are tier 2. Tomorrow they are playing a tier one side and will lose. By 7-8 points in my view. It doesn't take much for down fans to lose the run of themselves. Big wins over Sligo mean nothing at this level.

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 09:37:33 PM
You couldn't beat armagh in CP this year. Having seen how poor armagh are I know who my money is on tomorrow. Kerry will be more up for this game then people realise having never beaten Down before. I don't think people realise at times how good this kerry side are. The clap trap emanating from the North is that because they haven't beaten tyrone (yet) that their legacy is somehow tarnished.The fact is tyrone have lost to teams in the championship kerry wouldn't lose to if they tried
When the shit hits the fan there is no side in the country better at digging a result out.
Down have had a decent year and have a good manager in my view. But the gap between tier one and two is grand canyon esque in my opinion.

Fear ón Srath Bán

He's one of the very few posters on this board with an almost perfect record of match predictions -- almost 100% wrong, every time  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ross matt

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 03, 2010, 11:39:40 PM
he's had a few bad injuries recently, hopefully he will get back to his potential

Brilliant minor. Great skill and brave.

Main Street

That was a very enjoyable game. Down were full of craft & graft and nothing dilutes them thoroughly deserving of their resounding win.

rrhf

5 sams supported yes all the way and will continue to do so.  Good luck in the final.

comethekingdom

Was away on holidays so I didnt have any web access this last few days but fair play to Down. Best wishes for the rest of the championship. Ye were better in all areas of the field last sat. We'll not have any complaints other than the long break since the MF is a disaster. Down were much sharper and I knew as soon as they had got the goal and a couple of points very early that we were up against it. Missing players of calibre of Kennelly, Darragh Tomas, Galvin, Murphy and Walsh is too much to bear for any team.
Anyway - its great to look on at the latter stages of the championship for a change without all the worries of 'can we do it', 'hope no key players get injured', 'where the fcuk am I going to get an AIF ticket?', 'expensive trips to Dublin' , 'Buckets of drink'. etc etc.
Best wishes to Down and yes I do agree that it is probably good for football to have new AI champions this year but a review of the whole system is required when none of the provincial finalists make it to the semi stages of the AI series.

Zapatista

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 05, 2010, 11:26:39 PM
Was away on holidays so I didnt have any web access this last few days but fair play to Down. Best wishes for the rest of the championship. Ye were better in all areas of the field last sat. We'll not have any complaints other than the long break since the MF is a disaster. Down were much sharper and I knew as soon as they had got the goal and a couple of points very early that we were up against it. Missing players of calibre of Kennelly, Darragh Tomas, Galvin, Murphy and Walsh is too much to bear for any team.
Anyway - its great to look on at the latter stages of the championship for a change without all the worries of 'can we do it', 'hope no key players get injured', 'where the fcuk am I going to get an AIF ticket?', 'expensive trips to Dublin' , 'Buckets of drink'. etc etc.
Best wishes to Down and yes I do agree that it is probably good for football to have new AI champions this year but a review of the whole system is required when none of the provincial finalists make it to the semi stages of the AI series.

Nice words ctk and fair balls but I have to say that I don't think you can call Kennelly, Darragh, Murphy and Walsh missing. They are not a part of the set up. If it was through injury or suspension then fair enough but if they are not there through their own choice then that's just life. That's all a natural part of the game.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Zapatista on August 05, 2010, 11:39:15 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on August 05, 2010, 11:26:39 PM

Nice words ctk and fair balls but I have to say that I don't think you can call Kennelly, Darragh, Murphy and Walsh missing. They are not a part of the set up. If it was through injury or suspension then fair enough but if they are not there through their own choice then that's just life. That's all a natural part of the game.
Ok, they are not part of the set up - they retired or went onto greener fields. The point I'm making is that any team that is without over a third of their previous years top stars is bound to suffer. Thats all I'm saying and thats life I guess. We've had a deadly good run since 1997 and fond memories to go with them. Ciarria Abu.

Zapatista

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 06, 2010, 12:13:02 AM
Ok, they are not part of the set up - they retired or went onto greener fields. The point I'm making is that any team that is without over a third of their previous years top stars is bound to suffer. Thats all I'm saying and thats life I guess. We've had a deadly good run since 1997 and fond memories to go with them. Ciarria Abu.

Ye had a few set backs since 1997 and still came out on top overall. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Zapatista on August 06, 2010, 12:16:35 AM
Quote from: comethekingdom on August 06, 2010, 12:13:02 AM

Ye had a few set backs since 1997 and still came out on top overall. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Christ, being patronized by Tyronemen now. Whats the world coming to.