All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

I have to say the constant reference to Kerry getting soft frees in every match we play is annoying; christ do the teams playing Kerry not get any??? I presume people who have no gra for a team see everything in black and white, as I thought Tyrone manufactured loads of frees yesterday especially near the posts.  In respect to the ref yesterday, he did not decide the game, the better side won and 9 points was a more accurate reflection of the difference but if he had not blow for the handpass in the first half and Walsh scored would Down have pushed on like the did? The sending off finished the game as we had too much ground to cover afterwards but honestly we would not have come back anyway as the Down tails were up.

Wee Shea

Can anyone help me? I am trying to watch the match analysis on the RTE player thing but it isn't letting me as I am not down south. Is there a way round it?

Mid Down Gael

Congratulations to the Down players and Management yesterday. Although Kerry where minus many from 2009 we still beat a Kingdom team littered with all ireland medals and sid so emphatically. Brendan McVeigh proved what a great keeper he is with a superb display while McKernan had his best game in a Down Jersey. Garvey also defended brilliantly against one of the games greats. Our midfielders worked like trojans while Marty Clarke and Mark Poland where particulary impressive in attack. Benny and McComiskey also played very well while Murtagh again impressed coming on with a great 45 meter score. Role on the simi final. AN DUN ABU.

fingerbob

Is it not a bit presumptious to assume kerry would have scored the disallowed "goal", considering the whole Down defence stopped and McVeigh stood with his hands in the air. The whistle was blown a good bit before he struck the ball.

southdown

Brilliant day, couldn't believe what I was watching.

We have a decent chance of making the final, who woiuld have thought that?  I thought our 3 best men were Clarke, Poland and McKernan.

By the way, was anyone sitting in section 329 of the hogan, the antics of one particular Tyrone fan was disgraceful and ruined the game for at least 10 people beside him, shocking.

muppet

Quote from: southdown on August 01, 2010, 02:09:50 PM

We have a decent chance of making the final, who woiuld have thought that?  I thought our 3 best men were Clarke, Poland and McKernan.

By the way, was anyone sitting in section 329 of the hogan, the antics of one particular Tyrone fan was disgraceful and ruined the game for at least 10 people beside him, shocking.

Was he the guy they kept showing on TV?
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: southdown on August 01, 2010, 02:09:50 PM

What was he doing?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

John Martin

I was in 329. What was this Tyrone lad up to?

southdown

He was sitting half way up the section, in his early 20s wearing a number 13 Tyrone shirt.  He came in pissed out of the head with a pint in his hand a bottle of vodka in the back pocket.  Stewards mede him leave with his pint, then he got back in.

There were Dublin fans in front of him and behind him.  When Tyrone scored he would turn to the man behind him and roar in his face.  When Dublin scored he roard "c%nts" into the Dublin fans faces.  He roared at the man behind him "you Dublin c%nt, Ill f%%king bust you" and I thought he was going to hit him, then the man and a few men behind all stood up and he sat down.  He roared abuse all day at the family in front, which included young children, and they were genuinely afraid.  At one point he had his shirt off and was waving Tyrone shirt in the air.

Never witnessed such a thug at a match in my life, it was shocking, im sure quite a few people on here noticed him as he was getting a lot of attention.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: southdown on August 01, 2010, 02:51:58 PM
He was sitting half way up the section, in his early 20s wearing a number 13 Tyrone shirt.  He came in pissed out of the head with a pint in his hand a bottle of vodka in the back pocket.  Stewards mede him leave with his pint, then he got back in.

There were Dublin fans in front of him and behind him.  When Tyrone scored he would turn to the man behind him and roar in his face.  When Dublin scored he roard "c%nts" into the Dublin fans faces.  He roared at the man behind him "you Dublin c%nt, Ill f%%king bust you" and I thought he was going to hit him, then the man and a few men behind all stood up and he sat down.  He roared abuse all day at the family in front, which included young children, and they were genuinely afraid.  At one point he had his shirt off and was waving Tyrone shirt in the air.

Never witnessed such a thug at a match in my life, it was shocking, im sure quite a few people on here noticed him as he was getting a lot of attention.

Quote from: John Martin on August 01, 2010, 02:41:11 PM

And you missed all that? Idiot. No doubt you were as blocked as this Tyrone fella.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wee Shea

What a clown, should have been put out when he first started causing trouble.

Nobody know a way round me not being able to watch this RTE player? Mate of mine suggested Irish proxies?

takeyourownpath

unreal performance yesterday by the down lads. were all over kerry from the start, they never had a chance the whole match, just the way we should be! marty clarke getting man of the match was a bit of a joke tho, benny coulter never stopped running all day, numerour assists and just generally played well, much better than clarke.

Wee Shea

Kevin McKernan was my MOTM, closely followed by Benny then Marty/Poland.

John Martin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 01, 2010, 02:54:24 PM
Quote from: southdown on August 01, 2010, 02:51:58 PM

Quote from: John Martin on August 01, 2010, 02:41:11 PM

And you missed all that? Idiot. No doubt you were as blocked as this Tyrone fella.

Idiot? That's a little bit harsh, we can't all be in Mensa you know.

Are you not in Dublin for the minor match today?

EagleLord

Completely dominated the game, bossed it, start to finish, unreal day in croke.