All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: Hardy on July 31, 2010, 02:59:05 PM
Quote from: bloodybreakball on July 31, 2010, 02:57:12 PM
nawh i think that was a bad tackle too, hitting a man a full shoulder when he's going to lift a ball, knew what he was at, i think the same as o sullivan on rodgers

No self-respecting footballer would pull out of that shoulder-to-shoulder. You're not required to warn your opponent in advance. You hit him as hard you can within the rules.
Shoulder to shoulder is fine, from behind is dirty sneaky. Kerry jersey enough for the ref i see
Don't Panic

Armaghgeddon

I think the 100 or so Kerry fans that went to Croke Park today will be feeling sick.

Hardy

Quote from: passedit on July 31, 2010, 03:01:18 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 31, 2010, 02:59:05 PM
Quote from: bloodybreakball on July 31, 2010, 02:57:12 PM
nawh i think that was a bad tackle too, hitting a man a full shoulder when he's going to lift a ball, knew what he was at, i think the same as o sullivan on rodgers

No self-respecting footballer would pull out of that shoulder-to-shoulder. You're not required to warn your opponent in advance. You hit him as hard you can within the rules.
Shoulder to shoulder is fine, from behind is dirty sneaky. Kerry jersey enough for the ref i see

Wasn't from behind, though. You'll never see a clearer shoulder-to-shoulder

passedit

From behind, which is where down are getting it from the ref
Don't Panic

Mickeys beard

Can't help thinking that Down would need another goal. 
Boil the Drawers!

Hardy

Shoulder to shoulder from behind? No comprende.

(Sorry for calling you Paddy, btw - confusion with paddypastit, who's in Croke Park, of course).

Cosmo Kramer

At least the ref has made one right decision.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

bloodybreakball

a clear shoulder to shoulder? whenever one man was bending down for the ball, how could it have been a fair shoulder when one man is bent over. you stand off the man try and tackle him when he gets yp ffs. sure all the referees shit themselves when they see the green and yellow jersey, especially your crowds  ::) ;D

Hardy

Bad news for Down. The 14-man syndrome on the cards now.

Hardy

Jinxy

The ref will start giving Cooper frees before he even has the ball now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Donnacha Walsh gone for a second yellow.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

Hope the ref who doesn't think he needs to balance this up, he's already given most of  the minor decisions to Kerry
#newbridgeornowhere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hardy on July 31, 2010, 03:00:02 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2010, 02:59:20 PM
I begining to think Roscommon might do it tomorrow, the Cork lads must be wetting themselves and might be left in a big mess tomorrow.

Cork will absolutely murder Roscommon.

Your more than likely right Hardy
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hardy

Looks like Down have an extra man plan.