All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

'tis but am in the big smoke anyway. T'would be a 6 hour drive on Sat morning otherwise.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

Yerra Mike, don't be with the Béal Bocht now. Sure them new roads and motorways mean it's about 2 hours 10 minutes from Cahirciveen, say 2.20 from Waterville, to Limerick, and now it's about 2 hours from Limerick to Dublin. Say 4.30 total. 6 hours my barney.

Kerry Mike

But Kerry people do be avoiding them tolls where possible....you could end up in some god forsaken place in Offaly trying to scout around them.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 01:09:16 PM
But Kerry people do be avoiding them tolls where possible....you could end up in some god forsaken place in Offaly trying to scout around them.

You wouldn't because we have Border patrols checking for illegal alien Kerrymen trying to come in and steal our turf, because the bogs down there are cat malodeon.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 01:09:16 PM

Mind now that all the old national routes that are the alternative to the tolled roads are down to 80. Lad I know used to take them all the time until he was done for speeding, the €80 fine fairly knocked back his savings...  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Kerry Mike

Ah jaysus the auld Massey Ferguson would be doing well to get over 80.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

snoopdog

Quote from: goldenyears on July 27, 2010, 11:17:00 PM
A lot of Down folks on here making eejits of themselves!
We have no right to be bumming about tradition when we have won f**k all in 20 years!

Hopefully we perform well and keep things close.
If we do then it will have been a superb 1st season for James and co.

If we get stuffed it will take the shine off what has been major progress + s/thing to build on in div 1 next year.

But seriously lads cut out the bullshit bravado for I fear we are about to walk into green/gold storm

i Agree 100% with goldenyears, Lads some of these Down posts are setting us up for a fall. we have only played Kerry 4 times in Championship, yes they have never beaten us but sat in all Probability they will.
If your gonna post comments about traditions then we arent on the same planet as the best footballing county in the country.
I believe Haganstand is looking for posters.
Down will find it really really hard going on saturday Kerry know Croke Park inside out the Down team barely remember how to even get their.
Granted tradition means nothing once the ball is thrown up.
Best of luck Down  looking forward to it.
And Kerry if you beat us best of luck in giving Tyrone a footballing lesson in the final , im sick to death of watching the c.rap they play.

Banana Man

I think this could possibly be the game of the championship, 2 teams that play football and try not to desert their traditions by going negative, which is probably why we have failed to make an impact at Provinical level in a long time.

Anyway lads there's nothing wrong with having belief for Sunday, there is a difference between cockiness and belief, i personally believe we can win and it's got nothing to do with records, tradition and all the associated bullshit but about the 15 men in red and black and the 15 in green and gold they are pairing off against and I think I have seen enough this year to justify why i believe we can win

anyway best of luck to the lads and hopefully whoever wins will win the whole thing (hope it's down though  ;D )

rrhf

Its that kind of attitude which could well see Down bate on Saturday - with limited appreciation and understanding for the way the modern game has evolved from their catch and kick days I really feel for them being cut in two by a cynical Kerry outfit.  History, tradition will not help on Saturday.  The 1994 AI final was one of the most negative displays of football Ive ever seen.   

mournerambler

Quote from: Banana Man on July 28, 2010, 02:24:54 PM
I think this could possibly be the game of the championship, 2 teams that play football and try not to desert their traditions by going negative, which is probably why we have failed to make an impact at Provinical level in a long time.

Anyway lads there's nothing wrong with having belief for Sunday, there is a difference between cockiness and belief, i personally believe we can win and it's got nothing to do with records, tradition and all the associated bullshit but about the 15 men in red and black and the 15 in green and gold they are pairing off against and I think I have seen enough this year to justify why i believe we can win

anyway best of luck to the lads and hopefully whoever wins will win the whole thing (hope it's down though  ;D )

As a Down man i'll be having belief at 2pm on Saturday, good luck to you for Sunday.  ;)

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: Banana Man on Today at 02:24:54 PM

anyway best of luck to the lads and hopefully whoever wins will win the whole thing (hope it's down though   )

As a Down man i'll be having belief at 2pm on Saturday, good luck to you for Sunday. 

Is it too late to say I meant because we will win on saturday and i'm looking forward to the semi finals  :D

behind the wire

Quote from: rrhf on July 28, 2010, 03:23:31 PM
Its that kind of attitude which could well see Down bate on Saturday - with limited appreciation and understanding for the way the modern game has evolved from their catch and kick days I really feel for them being cut in two by a cynical Kerry outfit.  History, tradition will not help on Saturday.  The 1994 AI final was one of the most negative displays of football Ive ever seen.

dont know what about negative, more scrappy, could have been something to do with the driving rain throughout the game.

on a more serious note, good to see golderyears keeping everyones feet on the ground, someone had to do it. far too many people getting ahead of themselves and getting excited about a team that realistically has beaten no one. think we should note that tyrone more or less threw the anglo celt in the boot of the car and forgot about it, they have bigger prizes to chase.

anyway good to still be in the champonship at this stage, looking forward to saturday.

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

In the Onion Bag

Who said Down were going to win  --- not me

yellowcard

Quote from: Banana Man on July 28, 2010, 02:24:54 PM

Have you watched either of these teams playing football recently. Kerry in last years Al-Ireland final give one of the most negative displays I have ever seen from an All Ireland winning team.

As for Down, well 'wee James' has instilled a defensive mindset into his side to rival any other county in Ireland. I would suggest that the main reason why Down have not made an impact at provincial level is because they simply aren't good enough.

Anyway Kerry to win by at least 6 points on Saturday and to march onwards to their 7th final in a row. Arguably the greatest side of all time although the Kerry side of 1975-86 might have something to say about that even if it was in a way less competitive era.

Kerry Mike

QuoteKerry in last years Al-Ireland final give one of the most negative displays I have ever seen from an All Ireland winning team.

Yea we gave Cork a head start of a good few points in the first 15 mins and then played them off the field with some brilliant points from all angles, if thats negative, I suggest watching some other sport.  I feel for you.

Quoteeven if it was in a way less competitive era.

It was very competive but its just we were better than what the competition could throw at us.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football