All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: blanketattack on July 26, 2010, 12:15:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 26, 2010, 11:51:26 AM
Dubs v Tyrone on at 4pm Saturday - Kerry v Down as curtain raiser at 2pm

The All-Ireland champions against the Ulster team with the most All-Irelands as the curtain raiser - ha, the indignity of it all.

Do Cavan not have 5 as well?

panc56

Cavan do have 5 but are highly unliekly to add to it in the forseeable future. As a Longfordian I reckon Down will show well in this game. Kerry are not as good as last year with the defections and now the suspensions. I've seen Down twice and their half back line is poor , Gordon will hold up Donaghy for sure but will he play FF. Kerry by 2.

southdown

I worry about people writing off Kerry after what they did to the Dubs last year. 

Fingers crossed though.

I'm guessing this will be all ticket?

Jinxy

Most matches in Croke Park are South Down.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

southdown

GAA_Punter

Quote from: heffo on July 26, 2010, 11:51:26 AM
Dubs v Tyrone on at 4pm Saturday - Kerry v Down as curtain raiser at 2pm

Kinda same theory

All Ireland Football Quarter Finals – Fixtures , Times & Date .
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/07/26/all-ireland-football-quarter-finals-fixtures-times-date/

Stevie Nicks

Would have thought Down Kerry will be on before Tyrone Dublin match but assumed it would be the Sunday line up

snoopdog

Quote from: shawshank on July 26, 2010, 01:18:04 PM
What do you boyos watch anyway. This is an average Down team and have gotten to this stage by beating absolutely no one, Longford followed by offaly and then Sligo who were just begging to die. As Donegal, Armagh, Antrim or even Derry had of gotten that draw they would be in this position also. Down have had great fortune with the draw. Lick won't win this game. Kerry are the team with the luck on this occassion

Londonerry got a handy draw also, Kildare are nothing special and they tanked Londonderry.
Id say we will do a lot better than Londonderry, and im sure we are a lot better team than Londonderry.
Should you not be on a forum about the terrible state of football in the strokers county.and leave the championship talk to the 8 best teams in the country. ;D ;D ;D

Stevie Nicks

Sat 31st July
Croke Park

12pm Kerry Tyrone Minor
2pm Kerry Down Senior
4pm Tyrone Dublin Senior

Confirmed

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: shawshank on Today at 01:18:04 PM
What do you boyos watch anyway. This is an average Down team and have gotten to this stage by beating absolutely no one, Longford followed by offaly and then Sligo who were just begging to die. As Donegal, Armagh, Antrim or even Derry had of gotten that draw they would be in this position also. Down have had great fortune with the draw. Lick won't win this game. Kerry are the team with the luck on this occassion

Londonerry got a handy draw also, Kildare are nothing special and they tanked Londonderry.
Id say we will do a lot better than Londonderry, and im sure we are a lot better team than Londonderry.
Should you not be on a forum about the terrible state of football in the strokers county.and leave the championship talk to the 8 best teams in the country.   

+1

Feckitt

Does anyone have the Kerry team from 1991.  I can't find it online.  I can't remember for certain but I think Pat Spillane & Jack O'Shea were playing

blanketattack

Is this Down's first time playing a 1/4-final?

Maiden1

Quote from: Feckitt on July 26, 2010, 03:55:34 PM
Does anyone have the Kerry team from 1991.  I can't find it online.  I can't remember for certain but I think Pat Spillane & Jack O'Shea were playing

apparently so

http://www.emigrant.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36979&Itemid=18
There are no proofs, only opinions.

AZOffaly

I think Spillane was hobbling around on huge bandages that day, a bit like Colm O'Rourke in the final.