AI Club finals - the dates and times

Started by Kerry Mike, February 15, 2007, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Its very interesting that its Ulster v Kerry in all 3 games, it gives an indication of where the power lies!

IMO the club finals are the best occasion in the GAA calendar - nothing beats the passion of the club - Enjoy Ziggy, its the day of a lifetime if your club is involved.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thebandit on March 07, 2007, 02:23:05 PM
Its very interesting that its Ulster v Kerry in all 3 games, it gives an indication of where the power lies!

Well considering last year there was a Galway team in all 3 games maybe it doesn't say as much as you think.

magpie seanie

Good luck to all invoved and best wished to Ziggy. It must be absolutely amazing to be going to Croke Park to see your club. This is the magic of the GAA for me.

ziggysego

I can tell you one thing. The excitement to the build up to the All Ireland Finals in 2003 and 2005 were amazing, but when it comes to the build up of seeing your own club in an All Ireland Final... well nothing can beat it. I'm finding it really hard to focus on anything else this week.

As for KM, as far as I am aware you can get tickets down at Croke Park on Saturday.
Testing Accessibility

thebandit

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 07, 2007, 02:33:57 PM
Quote from: thebandit on March 07, 2007, 02:23:05 PM

Well considering last year there was a Galway team in all 3 games maybe it doesn't say as much as you think.

Duly noted!!!

phpearse

Would expect a very strong representative in the Intermediate Club Championship from Tyrone in the 2008 season. With possibly eight senior clubs being relagated to a Div 2 at the end of this season. The current make up in Tyrone has 2 senior leagues, 1A and 1B with 12 teams in each for a total of 24 teams playing in the senior championship. At the end of this season the leagues are restructured and there will be only 16 senior clubs, with the remaining clubs going to division 2. It should leave for a very competitive intermediate championship and with the added profile of the Club championships, may ease the blow of dropping out of the senior championship for those clubs involved.

Good luck to Greencastle on Saturday.

magpie seanie

Surely league status doesn't determine championship status in Tyrone?

SuperDooperCooper

Disappointed not be making the trip to Croker for the junior and intermediate finals on Saturday, a prior engagement in Edinburgh I'm afraid.
I think the enduring legacy of Sean Kelly will be the opening up of Croke park to the junior and intermediate teams.
It is now a legitimate aim for every club in Ireland to aim for a big day out in Croker.
Ziggy I wish you all the best on Saturday, to see your club team run out will be special, I only hope my club team will make it there one day.
Best of luck to the two Kerry team involved.
Thankfully the tickets arrived for the Paddy's day games.

loughshore lad

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 07, 2007, 04:32:06 PM
Surely league status doesn't determine championship status in Tyrone?

Yes it does. this season any club in Division 1A or 1B (21 teams in each division) are in the senior championship, any club in Division 2 is in the intermediate championship and so on

Over the Bar

The AI Senior Club championships have been on the go for about 30 years.  How long have the junior & intermediate been going?

magpie seanie

First:

QuoteDisappointed not be making the trip to Croker for the junior and intermediate finals on Saturday, a prior engagement in Edinburgh I'm afraid.

Then:

QuoteI think the enduring legacy of Sean Kelly will be the opening up of Croke park to the junior and intermediate teams.

Surely a wind up.

realredhandfan

Ziggy I wish you all the very best.  Tell me this did Big sean Teague ever play in Croke Park? I dont think so...

Square Ball

All the best to all the Ulster clubs, pity it wasnt my own club, ah theres always next year.

all the best Ziggy, remain calm at all times...........
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

magpie seanie

QuoteYes it does. this season any club in Division 1A or 1B (21 teams in each division) are in the senior championship, any club in Division 2 is in the intermediate championship and so on

I assume you mean 12 teams in each division. I'm surprised by that. League should be totally seperate to championship (unless you have all your county men for all league games).

laughinpaddy

to my limited knowledge, County players play in at least half there club games. I could be wrong but I think thats the way it works ???
I ain't gettin on no plane!