AI Club finals - the dates and times

Started by Kerry Mike, February 15, 2007, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Here's a question for yous, what football rigs/skips/tops whatever you want to call them will the two teams wear in the final as both play in similar colours and it would be a mess if they both wore their own tops. I have seen teams recently wearing their county tops for finals but Cross might not want that?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

With Crokes jersey being mostly black with a single amber band I think both teams will wear their own jerseys.  You would need to be thick to mix them up.

SlimShady

it will be up to the referee, surely if there was a squirmish in the game it'd be difficult for him to pick players out if there was 10 or 12 bodies in black and amber!

armaghniac

Quoteit will be up to the referee, surely if there was a squirmish in the game it'd be difficult for him to pick players out if there was 10 or 12 bodies in black and amber!

it would only really be problem if some of the players were horizontal!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2007, 10:58:30 AM
With Crokes jersey being mostly black with a single amber band I think both teams will wear their own jerseys.  You would need to be thick to mix them up.

Even if the ref was looking a change of tops you's stains are that arrogant you's would refuse and prob get your way. Some refs can mix up blue from black & amber so i don't see any reason why it can't happen with two teams playing in the same colour you tube

brokencrossbar1

Who rattled your f**king cage?  Take you wee jealous Lurgan mind back to where it belongs >:(

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2007, 01:18:19 PM
Who rattled your f**king cage?  Take you wee jealous Lurgan mind back to where it belongs >:(

You did, all i asked was a civil question and expected a civil answer back. and who said i was from Lurgan?

Kerry Mike

The finals of the All Ireland Club Junior and Intermediate competitions in football and hurling will take place in Croke Park on the weekend of March 10th/11th.

The football finals, between Duagh of Kerry and Greencastle of Tyrone (5.30pm) in Junior and the Intermediate between Eoghan Ruadh of Derry and Ardfert of Kerry (7.30pm) will be played on Saturday, March 10th . The hurling finals see Danesfort of Kilkenny play Clooney Gaels of Antrim in Junior (2pm) and Kilimordaly (Galway) against London Champions Robert Emmets in the Intermediate decider (3.40pm)) on Sunday March 11th.

Tickets for these games are currently on sale through the GAA Website, GAA Ticket Office (01-8658657), Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and are priced at Eu15 for adults, Eu5 for juveniles and Eu7 for Students and Senior Citizens (students and senior citizens must enter by stiles G8-10 only). The Hogan Stand only will be open for the finals
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bogball XV

Anyone know the times of the hurling and football finals (senior), is it always the hurling first nowadays?

aontroim

The Football Finals on Sat 10th March have been put back 30 mins each, now at JFC 6pm & IFC 8pm

Senior Finals are on March 17th Football 2pm Hurling 3:40pm.

Kerry Mike

All-Ireland Junior Club Football Championship 2007 - Final

Sat 10 Mar  Croke Park, 6pm  Duagh - v - Greencastle (Tyrone) 

All-Ireland Intermediate Club Football Championship 2007 - Final

Sat 10 Mar  Croke Park, 8pm  Ardfert - v - Eoghan Ruadh (Derry) 

Tickets for these games are currently on sale through the GAA Website, GAA Ticket Office (01-8658657), Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and are priced at 15 for adults, 5 for juveniles and 7 for Students and Senior Citizens. The Hogan Stand only will be open for the finals.

Its Kerry v Ulster in both games so I suppose its easy to see where my loyalties are.

Anyone going along to Croker on Saturday evening for these games, I know Ziggy has a vested interest in the Junior final but has anyone else here any direct involvement with any of the teams. I hope to make it along for what should be 2 good games and give me a look at the state of lower grade Kerry club football.

I work with a lad from Duagh who's on the panel and they are looking forward to the day out and hopefully to land the Junior title.

Ardfert are chasing a unique Junior and Intermediate double and will hopefully use their experience from last year to bring home the Intermediate title.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

lynchbhoy

was at a seminar in Croker this morning and was able to see them putting up seating in the hill 16 end.

It looks good,not really seen when the place is full during the rugby...if the seating was used on those days.
If not, then it must be for the soccer games and for them to comply with international safety directives

AZOffaly

QuoteArdfert are chasing a unique Junior and Intermediate double and will hopefully use their experience from last year to bring home the Intermediate title.

Be some achievement for Ardfert if they do it. To win the county intermediate championship after being promoted is tough enough, but to continue on and qualify for the All Ireland Club again is a great feat in itself.

ziggysego

I'm sure Kerry Mike will understand I hope that the two Ulster teams win this weekend and that Crossmaglen continue the run on St. Patrick's Day.

Where abouts will you be seated KM? I will be in a corporate box... unfortunately. I'd rather be out in the Lower Tier of the Hoganstand with the rest of the Greencastle supporters, but my wheelchair prevents me in doing so. If you see me, give me a howler. Also, I will be in the Regency Hotel after the game as well. Might as well put a face to the name.
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

Ziggy not sure yet if I will make it, wont know until Sat, will be in Dublin alright and hope to be free in the evening, but if I do go I will look out for you. Do you know if tickets are on sale outside Croker

AZ to win the Kerry Junior and Intermediate in consecutive years was a huge achievement for Ardfert, the Kerry Inrtermediate title is a tough one to win, but if they can pull off the AI double it will be massive thing for them.

Stephen Wallace would be one of their bettter known players and was on the captain for the Kerry Junior's that won the AI last year as well.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football