AI Club finals - the dates and times

Started by Kerry Mike, February 15, 2007, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

Not a bad weekend for Kerry clubs either. Well done Duagh and Ardfert. How Ardfert keep scoring goals I will never know. Some achievement winning the junior All-Ireland last year and making the intermediate final this year. Was at the two games yesterday. Crokes let it slip in the last 10 minutes, they were lucky to get a draw in the end, if Brian Looney found the net with Gooch's quick free that was it. Thought ref didn't have the best on days (on both sides) but a good honest game of football anyway. Those Kildare boys are big especially the full forward....Hard to see Cross beaten in the final however.
After Finuge and Ardfert winning the junior club all-Irelands in 05 & 06 Kerry clubs going for a three in a row at that level.
Question for the other Kerry lads on the board - did any of ye think club football in Kerry was this strong - I didn't.
About to give out now: you can get some meaningless English/Scottish third division result on RTE but not the final score in the junior or intermediate club all-Ireland, national broadcaster my arse...and I'm not even looking for highlights....

Mack the finger

Quote from: Armamike on February 18, 2007, 11:08:16 PM
Well done to Crossmaglen.  A lot of the personnel may have changed since their last AI final appearance, but the team ethic and style of play is still the same.  I thought the difference in the teams was the range of scoring options Cross had, with St Brigids over reliant on Dolan for frees.  McConville was key again, but the younger guys like McNamee, Hanrarry, McKenna and Murtagh did the business when needed. John McEntee had his best game (at any level) in a long time.  Donal Murtagh seems to have something about him as a manager - making the right switches at the right time.  Has the makings of a good  final, regardless of who gets through from the  replay.   

Well said.

Thought it was a good competitive game of football.

Bit more composure up front and St Brigids might have run them a lot closer. Dolan kept them in it for long spells.

Cross never panicked. Was impressed with young Hanratty in the second half, got into the game a lot more. And you're right about McEntee, best I've seen him playing in an age. Oisisn did the business when needed.

Only gripe; 15 yoyo's seemed a bit steep to pay into a stand that was already full. If it had rained there would have been a quare scattering session like in 'cross the week before.

Huge difference in the warm ups as well. Whilst Cross were engaged in disciplined routines, St Bridgids were happy enough toddling about. Mind you, St bridgets seemed first to the ball for large parts of the first half. Slow and Steady wins the race though.

SuperDooperCooper

Semi-Final Replay - 24.02.2007 (Sat)
Nenagh   2.00      Moorefield      v   Dr. Crokes
Referee:      Maurice Deegan, Laois

Terrible time to have the replay on, Neagh is a big distance from Killarney too. Tigher pitch should suit Moorefield.

Dinny Breen

QuoteTigher pitch should suit Moorefield.

You could be right they're own pitch is pretty tight and the County grounds where they played all their championship games is pretty small as well. They're a big physical side and Sundays game will have brought them on, I really fancy them to win the replay especially if they stick Kevin O'Neill on Cooper from the start.
#newbridgeornowhere

cill_dara

Heard Moorefield have serious doubts over three players for next saturday.
Glavin Flynn and Ian Lonergan all very doubtful.
That will be a huge blow to the moores.

ONeill

Congratulations Crossmaglen. One mighty club.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

PadraicHenryPearse

great game of football yesterday, county standard from clubs sides is very rare (moorefield v dr. crokes). though experience was the key fo crossmaglen although hanrathy at 14 was excelllent in the 2nd half. Is he only 19? Brigids hit a number of easy shots wides, Karl Mannion and Jimmy nail (14) being the biggest culprits. Jimmy is 25 by the way not 40 like alot of the Crossmaglen supports though. while cross got some great scores from out on the sidelines. Ref was poor and missed many pick ups off the ground by both sides and was very liberal with steps taken by cross players while didn't give the smae to brigids i.e when donal o'connor no.7 took the first shoulder he had taken two steps before he hit the ground the ref gave a free for over carrying. Cross no.8 contantly took more than 4 steps. Also the cross goal the camera angle didn't show if it was square ball but it was close and Oisin definately fouled the ball by throwing it to himself when dumbing the last back.

Cross were hot favourites to win i'd say the thing that will hurt Brigids the most is they were an equal match for them (not sure if the belief was there from the players or support) but they didn't take enough of their chances and got tactics wrong in last 10 minutes.

best for brigids were John tiernan and Frankie Dolan and donal o'connor
best for cross - hanrathy no.8 and oisin.

youbetterbelieveit

ya i definitely taught oisin fouled the ball in the lead up to the goal, brigids could have definitely won it, i taught they lacked composure and kicked some bad wides in the last 10 mins which could have won them the game.

ziggysego

After watching UTV this evening, you wouldn't even have known that any club Ulster clubs were playing. What's this all about UTV?  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on February 19, 2007, 09:11:25 AM

About to give out now: you can get some meaningless English/Scottish third division result on RTE but not the final score in the junior or intermediate club all-Ireland, national broadcaster my arse...and I'm not even looking for highlights....

Hey Super,

I thought that was something I suffered because I live in the occupied six. Didnt realise it was a problem all over!

And you'll be glad to know that I bear no grudge for last years senior all-Ireland football quarter final. Good luck to Armagh, Derry and Tyrone about those Kerry boys in the finals (and Kildare boys in the replay).

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armamike

QuoteAbout to give out now: you can get some meaningless English/Scottish third division result on RTE but not the final score in the junior or intermediate club all-Ireland, national broadcaster my arse...and I'm not even looking for highlights....

Exactly. RTE (and UTV/BBC i think) never give the results of the junior and intermediate games. Bit of a disgrace really.
That's just, like your opinion man.

ziggysego

Pictures of Greencastle's win over Killala of Mayo are now up on the Greencastle website.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Armamike on February 19, 2007, 09:12:07 PM
QuoteAbout to give out now: you can get some meaningless English/Scottish third division result on RTE but not the final score in the junior or intermediate club all-Ireland, national broadcaster my arse...and I'm not even looking for highlights....

Exactly. RTE (and UTV/BBC i think) never give the results of the junior and intermediate games. Bit of a disgrace really.

Can't even get the results on the GAA website.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

I suppose these are relativey new competitions, is that a good excuse for the tv channels?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Quote from: Orior on February 19, 2007, 10:34:14 PM
I suppose these are relativey new competitions, is that a good excuse for the tv channels?

Setanta Cup is relativey new. It was splash all over UTV tonight.
Testing Accessibility