All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: LeoMc on August 02, 2010, 01:43:59 PM
Quote from: Is iT True? on August 02, 2010, 12:14:30 PM
Tyrone Were Shite. Gareth Devlin would have helped a lot out there but Harte disrespected him.

McCarron on Brogan was a MASSIVE gamble. :o :o :o

;D ;D Maybe some of his homies down on da hood should put a cap in Mickeys ass for that.

??? ??? ???
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

BerfArmagh

Tyrone were poor on saturday, they kicked too many wides in the scond half. That said they were unlucky for the gaol with it coming off the cross bar. Time and time again in the second half they carried the ball into the tackle (Carlin in particular) and the dubs gobbled them up... I thought mulligan was outstanding & was the only real threat. Cavanagh was wll off & tyrone need to sort out their mid-field, harte obviusly had no confidence of them winning primary possession from the kick-out. (thus the short kick-outs) If that was the case, maybe a runner/playmaker would have been a better option than one of the mid field pairing. I thinks doohers tank has finally emptied, he has nothing to prove, an absolutely brilliant player.... he was just off the pace on saturday and the game passed him by. Lookingat the tyrone minors again this year, theres plenty coming through (Kerrys underage teams must be a concern though)

Good luck to down as the last remaining ulster team in the competitiion

Aaron Boone

There's something infuriating about Tyrone's last 3 defeats at Croker (Meath 07, Cork 09, Dublin 10). They are a good team yet there's a real sense of under-achievement.

ONeill

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 02, 2010, 02:45:25 PM
There's something infuriating about Tyrone's last 3 defeats at Croker (Meath 07, Cork 09, Dublin 10). They are a good team yet there's a real sense of under-achievement.

That bites at me too. But maybe it was the same for Armagh 00, 01, 03, 04, 05 and Kerry 02, 03, 05, 08. Some years the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

But underachievement? 3 All-Irelands is an awful lot in any man's book. Will this current batch retire thinking they should've won more or is that a natural thought process of any good team?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Canalman

Very very sweet victory for us. Imo O'Sullivan's intro swung game for us . Massively satisfying win which for me was the best I have ever witnessed.
To all the lads on the panel and management a sincere Go raibh míle maith agaibh uilig.

bennydorano

What would Tyrone wans be looking to see next year?  I personally thought last year's defeat to Cork was the beginning of Tyrone's descent, (a bit like Armagh post 2005 where Ulsters were still possible but the possibility of another AI was gone). As little changed from last year I wasn't suprised they came unstuck.  Surely there'll have to be new blood?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2010, 04:29:20 PM
What would Tyrone wans be looking to see next year?  I personally thought last year's defeat to Cork was the beginning of Tyrone's descent, (a bit like Armagh post 2005 where Ulsters were still possible but the possibility of another AI was gone). As little changed from last year I wasn't suprised they came unstuck.  Surely there'll have to be new blood?

You may have a point there, but one might have said the same after the defeat to Mayo in 2004 - only time will truly tell.

As for new blood, MH will scour with the fury of the dervish no doubt.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mickeys beard

Philly McMahon's first half point was the one I'll remember from this game-mammoth kick.
  My only fear about this defeat is that huge upper body strength is becoming a necessity.  That won't suit the Tyrone's or Kerry's.  I had always maintained that Tyrone negated the need for severe body-building with their big victories over Armagh and subsequent success.  Not so sure now, if you look at the teams that are left.
Boil the Drawers!

EC Unique

Would I be right in saying Dooher ans Ricey are the only ones over 30 one the panel?

Next year just requires a few tweeks. Pete Harte needs to be a regular starter in the league and Championship. I would play Kyle Coney in every league game to give him experience at this level because if his head can be managed I think he could be very useful. Aiden Cassidy should be a very good addition if he can get/remain fit. I hope Mugsey can carry over his fittness and form as I think he has had a great year. I would like to find another option for full back and get Justin McMahon out the pitch a bit.

Division 2 is an excellent place to play with a few cahnges.

Hound

Quote from: Canalman on August 02, 2010, 03:15:15 PM
Very very sweet victory for us. Imo O'Sullivan's intro swung game for us . Massively satisfying win which for me was the best I have ever witnessed.
To all the lads on the panel and management a sincere Go raibh míle maith agaibh uilig.
Wouldnt have picked out O'Sullivan as making a difference. Flynn was the sub who made the big impact for me.

bennydorano

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 02, 2010, 04:37:43 PM

You may have a point there, but one might have said the same after the defeat to Mayo in 2004 - only time will truly tell.

As for new blood, MH will scour with the fury of the dervish no doubt.

They were 6 years younger then, older and alot more mileage there now.

Quote from: EC Unique on August 02, 2010, 04:50:35 PM

Would I be right in saying Dooher ans Ricey are the only ones over 30 one the panel?

Next year just requires a few tweeks. Pete Harte needs to be a regular starter in the league and Championship. I would play Kyle Coney in every league game to give him experience at this level because if his head can be managed I think he could be very useful. Aiden Cassidy should be a very good addition if he can get/remain fit. I hope Mugsey can carry over his fittness and form as I think he has had a great year. I would like to find another option for full back and get Justin McMahon out the pitch a bit.

Division 2 is an excellent place to play with a few cahnges.
Cassidy was undoubtedly a big loss this year as he's surely earmarked for a spot in MF, but MH probably has been too loyal to the 'old guard' or maybe he just doesn't have the confidence in the young uns?

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2010, 02:57:45 PM

That bites at me too. But maybe it was the same for Armagh 00, 01, 03, 04, 05 and Kerry 02, 03, 05, 08. Some years the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

But underachievement? 3 All-Irelands is an awful lot in any man's book. Will this current batch retire thinking they should've won more or is that a natural thought process of any good team?

It's entirely natural.
I actually think the Meath team in '97 & '98 was better than the '96 & '99 teams.
In '97 we were decimated with injuries and suspensions for the Leinster final and Offaly ambushed us.
In '98 Kildare got their revenge for '97.
It should be remembered though that there was no backdoor in those days.
If we'd gotten a 2nd chance those years who knows how it would have ended.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

on your own

first poster here,
as a Tyrone fan I'm obviously gutted with the loss to the Dubs on Sat past.
However fair play to Dublin they wanted it more and I felt when Tyrone didn't really score when they had a period of dominance at start of second half then the wriring was on the wall for us.
The Dubs were hungrier and at times I think got the rub of the green, like the rebound for the goal but we had our chances and didn't take them, Dublin took theirs and that's life.

I wouldn't be writing Tyrone's obituary just yet tho, sure a couple of players may retire who knows  but if Harte can find a couple of scoring forwards and freshen up some of the more experiencerd players they will still be a force.

One thing that annoyed me about the game against Dublin was the constant use of a whistle from someone on the hilll when Tyrone were in posession, Penrose was through for goal if he had of caught the pass to him first half but stopped because he heard the whistle.Stewards should have been in to remove the person(s) in posession.

Anyway, good luck to Dublin and hopefully we'll be back.

Zapatista

Other than those defeats it's easy to win All Irelands.

:-\