All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micka the dub

iv never felt as nervous before a game in me life.the general mood with the dublin fans is that we havent got a hope and its the worst draw we could of got,but although im outwardly agreeing with most of them im secretly saying to meself that if we show up and play as well as we can and surprise tyrone we might just sneak it,but that is coming strictly from the heart,lets face it , no matter what the tyrone players say dublin have not kept the tyrone lads awake this week and in all honestly we must be a laughing stock to some of them on the disasters of the last few year.
at the end of the day tyrone have better players than us and if they perform they are halfway there but even though me head says tyrone me heart says maybe this time it could be different and maybe ,just maybe we will have our best day out since 95.if we manage to beat yiz the hill will rock like it hasnt done in a long time.

north down

Quote from: heffo on July 28, 2010, 10:40:28 PM
Quote from: north down on July 28, 2010, 10:36:52 PM
I hate having to pay the 3.5 euro commission but what can you do especially given the short timeframe to get tickets.

Become a member of the GAA?

Heffo
I am and have been for more than 30 years but moved away from my home club area for work reasons - but am still a member of and have great loyalty to my club. The difficulty is with the short notice you have to weigh up travelling 50 or 60 miles for a ticket or pay the 3.5 euro to ticketmaster.

Rois

Archie Mitchell

Comórtas: All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Final

Dáta: 31 Iúil 2010

Cluiche: Tír Eoghain v Áth Cliath

Ionad: Pairc an Chrócaigh

1  Pascal McConnell – An Baile Nua
2  Cathal McCarron  – An Droim Mhór
3  Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
4  Ryan McMenamin – An Droim Mhór
5  Davy Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
6  Conor Gormley – An Charraig Mhór
7  Philip Jordan – An Mhaigh
8  Colm Cavanagh -  An Mhaigh
9  Kevin Hughes – Cill Íseal
10  Brian Dooher – Clann na nGael
11  Brian McGuigan – Ard Bó
12  Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
13  Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
14  Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15  Owen Mulligan – An Chorra Chriochach

16  John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
17  Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
18  Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
19  Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
20  Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
21  Colm McCullagh – An Droim Mhór
22  Enda McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
23  Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó
24  Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór
25  Ryan Mellon – An Mhaigh
26  Michael Murphy – An Gallbhaile
27  Sean O'Neill – An Droim Mhór
28  Stephen O'Neill – Clann na nGael
29  P J Quinn – Baile na Móna
30  Martin Swift – Coill an Chlochair

Bainisteoir: Micheál Ó hAirt

Puckoon

6-13 should win plenty of possession around the middle and if 2,3,4,12 can keep Dublins dangermen quiet - Tyrone should do well.

First championship start in how long for Brian McGuigan?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Puckoon on July 29, 2010, 08:13:33 PM
6-13 should win plenty of possession around the middle and if 2,3,4,12 can keep Dublins dangermen quiet - Tyrone should do well.

2008 AIQF v Dublin

tyroneboi

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 29, 2010, 08:20:53 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on July 29, 2010, 08:13:33 PM

2008 AIQF v Dublin

Was thinking that myself. It will be an interesting battle with Ger Brennan who loves to attack but he isn't the tightest marking centre half back in the world.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Whatever about the team (and it's not looking half-bad either  ;) ) that's some bench, the strongest in the Quarters bar none.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rois on July 29, 2010, 08:05:22 PM
B McGuigan in for bro, only change

Great to see mcguigan start mans a class act. Also wouldn't be surprised if you see SON from the start.

PS gonna go to the match haven't been to one since AIF in 2008 but got 2 Premium levels so thought it would be worthwhile seeing i don't have to slum it - wouldn't want to catch the cold!  :D

Gaffer

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 29, 2010, 10:22:22 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 29, 2010, 08:05:22 PM
B McGuigan in for bro, only change

Great to see mcguigan start mans a class act. Also wouldn't be surprised if you see SON from the start.

PS gonna go to the match haven't been to one since AIF in 2008 but got 2 Premium levels so thought it would be worthwhile seeing i don't have to slum it - wouldn't want to catch the cold!  :D

A good loyal supporter. Enjoy your day out in the comfort of thr Premium !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Mr. Nakata

I've only been to the premium level once and i hated it. Despised it in fact. Tyrone v Armagh Ulster final 2005 1st game. Horrible experience, not just drawing the game after hammering the orchard into the ground, but the lack of atmosphere and type of punters that were there, mr big guys, god that was a traumatic day....

Kerry Mike

QuotePS gonna go to the match haven't been to one since AIF in 2008

So f**king funny, At least the bandwagon Kerry supporters who show up in Sept go at least once a year to see a game ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fuzzman

Couldn't agree more Mr Nakata

I got a free ticket last weekend for the Louth v Dublin game and what a lot of rubbish
So many people just stand in the bar and barely watch the game at all

Then when they do come up nobody shouts or cheers but I suppose its a great source of income for the GAA

I like that team though look forward to see if SoN come on if he doesn't start.
Delighted Snout gets a start and hope he gets a score or two to settle him in as he's missed a few lately

I think we could see CC play a blinder and surprise a few people.

Yeah FoSB its a strong bench alright and must be hard for some of those lads to sit and watch all the time
No game time yet for Mellon or Coney and McCullagh must be wondering will he come back next year having proved his worth back in 2008.

Still as our old favourite Jarlath said in the GL last week, nobody can show they've got any negative feelings or go off on a huff cos they know they'll struggle to get back in again with 5 lads waiting to take yer place

I've the flag hanging out the window now and really looking forward to the weekend now.
I'm meeting loads of Down ones for dinner on Sat night so hopefully both of us will be celebrating.

Kerry Mike

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 29, 2010, 03:14:52 PM
Also a general query -

From what i believe Tyrone have a training squad of roughly 37/38?? I know they tog out anyone whose fit. However how many can be named and does this mean that there are subs togged out with an impossible chance of getting on.
If so who are they and do they know they're not named on the teamsheet?

Tyrone people you must be so proud, you have unearthed a real gem here in the mould of a certain Mr Fearon, look after him/her and hopefully someone can direct "it" to the right location in the premium section on Saturday.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

LeoMc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 29, 2010, 09:42:33 PM
Whatever about the team (and it's not looking half-bad either  ;) ) that's some bench, the strongest in the Quarters bar none.
John Devine
P J Quinn; Martin Swift; Dermot Carlin
Peter Harte; Sean O'Neill; Ronan McNabb
Enda McGinley & Ryan Mellon
Kyle Coney; Colm McCullagh; Michael Murphy
Mark Donnelly; Stephen O'Neill; Tommy McGuigan

Would fancy them to give Ulster a rattle alright.