All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 29, 2010, 02:55:47 AM
All the evidence points towards a fairly easy Tyrone win so its hard to understand the Tyrone attitude.

The fact is that you have never been able to bear the burden of favourites...

Uh?  ::)

I'm as cocky about this game as a cocked-hat full of peacocks at the annual cocky coquetry contest, and you can't get much cockier than that  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Yeah maybe yis are right.

If we talk them up too much its sure to have a negative effect on the team and Mickey would never have taken that into account.

Dubs by 2

I just hope its a good game and not the one painted by Sean Cavanagh in the paper.
The last thing we want is both teams playing a dour foul ridden defensive match or this famous War of attrition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Attrition

Rois

Quote from: Canalman on July 29, 2010, 01:10:21 PM
However I can safely say that there is an almost maniacal desire here in Dublin to win this game , which Tyrone underestimate at their peril.

As someone (O'Neill?) said earlier, Tyrone fans are a completely different kettle of fish from the Tyrone team - I'd say they're underestimating no one!

Also on this Tyrone attitude - come on, make up your minds.  Are the fans cocky or are they reluctant to accept being favourites?  It seems that some camps think we think our team's fandabbydozy, while some think that we're unhappy that the bookies and others have made us favourites as we don't deserve it.  Surely the two are mutually exclusive?

At least this thread is stoking up a bit of craic in advance of the match - I'm almost looking forward to the sickly nervous feeling I know I'll have, to the roars from the Hill when Dublin score their first point, to the queues coming in Drumcondra Road.  I haven't a clue who will win - at this point for me it's 50/50!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 29, 2010, 11:31:48 AM
You're right O'Neill
I just made that up
;D ;D

Looking forward to Thur night 9pm as the team is announced
Anyone wanna take a stab at what Mr Harte has up his sleevies this time

Will he really shock us all and play McCarron at FB to mark baldy and move Justy to MF with CC named at 15 but plays as 3rd midfielder

Nah..

I would like to see McGinley get back in though but not sure who for.
Could Carlin come in for Ricey or dare I say Da..
Nah

We'll leave it as it is

Has Packie bagged an allstar? Has he already got one?

Don't see why he'd move Justy he'll not give Ivan Drago a kick.
Although he could surprise with selections elsewhere as the last day Carlin & P Harte dropped after virtually flawless start to campaign.
I've heard some of those culls were attributed to training performances (maybe harsh too) so maybe he'll go with what he's seen this week.
If I was him i'd have one of those two back in but i can't remember the last time he listened to me lol
Almost certainly Stevie will be in for Tommy.
Could there be a surprise inclusion of Brian McGuigan given reports he's flying in training and imo was the main reason we beat down?

My guess is (optimistic on my part):
1. P McConnell
2. C McCarron
3. Justy McMahon
4. Ricey
5. P Harte
6. C Gormley
7. P Jordan
8. K Hughes
9. C Cavanagh
10. B Dooher
11. B McGuigan
12. Joe McMahon
13. M Penrose
14. S Cavanagh
15. S O'Neill

What do you think?

Fuzzman

So King of the Hill Mugsy is gone?
U reckon

I think ye could see him back to his best now he's in croker
Only hope we get another day out to see him in full flow v the Rossies

Radda bout yeee

Well based on last days performances does he deserve to keep place? Others haven't been as fortunate in the past.
Just think there'll be someone left out tonight that will have people going  :o
I think we're vunerable at midfield and although CC has proved me wrong in the past i think he's a major weak link and its only a matter of time before its found out. You think its too early for mcginley to come in for him before or during game?
On a similar note when will cassidy be fit again?

Radda bout yeee

Also a general query -

From what i believe Tyrone have a training squad of roughly 37/38?? I know they tog out anyone whose fit. However how many can be named and does this mean that there are subs togged out with an impossible chance of getting on.
If so who are they and do they know they're not named on the teamsheet?

Hardy

Quote from: Rois on July 29, 2010, 02:07:39 PMfandabbydozy

Send that over to the funny words thread to be checked out, wouldya?

Fuzzman

I'll have a stab at what I think Mickey is gonna choose

Packie
McCarron (1st half to Mark BB 2nd half maybe Carlin)
Justy
Ricey
Davey
Gormley
Jordan
Hub
CC
Dooher
McGuigan
Joey
Sean        Moving out to MF the odd time or with a free role
ONeill
Mugsy

red hander

Quote from: Canalman on July 29, 2010, 01:10:21 PM
Pride before the Fall???????

While my head is still saying Tyrone I have to say that as a Dub I am extremely heartened by the utterances of the Tyrone people. Very similiar scenario imo to Crossmaglen v Crokes AICF  in 2009.

Would still be happier with O'Carroll no 2 and O'Sullivan starting on Saturday.

However I can safely say that there is an almost maniacal desire here in Dublin to win this game , which Tyrone underestimate at their peril.

Btw, I have been very wrong about Dublin's prospects in the past.

In 2005 and 2008 the Jackeens on this board and on the Reservoir Dubs board were extremely cocky and the attitude on both occasions, even after the draw in 2005, was that Dublin only had to turn up to win ... this optimism seemed to be based solely on the hype of the legions of Dublin-based media clowns.  Tyrone optimism over Saturday's game is based on something a little more solid don't you think?  Anyway, I think it'll be tight and if we win we'll deserve it.  Whatever happens, the hotel's booked and we plan to have a good night in the capital

Puckoon

You think Penrose might get the chop Fuzzman?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Puckoon on July 29, 2010, 05:19:08 PM
You think Penrose might get the chop Fuzzman?

Not a chance. I can see McGinley either starting in MF or coming on at some stage for CC though.

Here, was meant to be working Saturday, but managed to get it off last minute. Hoping to get a lower Hogan ticket through the club, but in case I don't (didn't put in the request early enough), has anyone a spare lower Hogan knocking about?  :P
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Rois

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 29, 2010, 06:35:50 PM
Here, was meant to be working Saturday, but managed to get it off last minute. Hoping to get a lower Hogan ticket through the club, but in case I don't (didn't put in the request early enough), has anyone a spare lower Hogan knocking about?  :P

Ahhh just picked up six Lower Hogan tickets there now (330 and 331 yeeeoooo) - unfortunately I need them all  ;D

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Rois on July 29, 2010, 06:55:58 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 29, 2010, 06:35:50 PM

Ahhh just picked up six Lower Hogan tickets there now (330 and 331 yeeeoooo) - unfortunately I need them all  ;D

Aw rad-ging! 330 you say! 8)

I hate the thought of oul ticketmaster upper cusack seats!  :-X
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Fuzzman

can't believe I forgot Wee Marty. Can we play 16?