All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 09:43:59 PM
Quotei'd rather be the underdog

The second placed team of the last decade should be used to being favourites , its par for the course if you claim to be one of the greats.

To be the best you have to beat the best...yous having beat us ...soooooo whos the best??

Kerry Mike

So hard to call this, saw the dubs live last weekend and while impressive in parts Louth let them play in the first 20 and it should have been all over after the goals, but they did not kill the game, Likewise at the Ulster final Monaghan backed off Tyrone who grasped the opportunity and would not let go. If Tyrone get the opportunity they will strangle the Dubs as Meath did, I just have not seen thebottle of the Dubs yet
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

doohersarmy

yeah but it was always sweeter, when your being underated & you go out & stuff the opposition.

similar feelings have been experienced when we out classed the highly fancied kingdom in AI finals, it just makes victory taste that we bit better.

comethekingdom

Looks like the favourites tag dosen't sit comfortably with some of youse Tyrone supporters!!

ONeill

Throughout Ulster it did. v Wexford it did in '08 and Kildare '09. However, there's always a bit of doubt playing a team in their home patch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Dublin have 19 more All-Irelands than Tyrone, like Down they can come from a low base to win the whole thing.

doohersarmy

just don't think we've shown the class this year that we shown in previous years when we've made a serious challenge, with the greatest respect to the teams we've played they haven't been top quality Although meeting dublin in the quarters has twice ignited our season, so i'm hoping for a big performance from our forwards, that will put is in the right  state of mind to take on a physical cork side, if that respective match goes to form.

Mickeys beard

Hard to call any of these games at this stage as we have teams who haven't played outside their provinces yet.  Have been talking Dublin up all week in my head, but I just watched the re-run of the Louth match.  Dublin were pretty poor.  Louth gave them acres of space and yet there only were three scores between them in the end.  Dublin didn't look to gave any gameplan, were very disjointed outside of their defence.  A lot of the players seemed to be blowing hard half way through the second half.  Too muscle-bound?  BB only got one point from play.  The crowd were fairly flat too and I suspect that they were far from 'blown away'.
If Tyrone played Louth in that form, they would have been relentlessly ruthless.
I suppose Dublin have always been very dependant on goals  and they could win any game with two or three sucker-punch goals-that's the danger. 
I would be very surprised if Tyrone don't win this one.
Boil the Drawers!

Gaffer

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 05:03:59 PM
Shall we bring Sam along for ye all to have a gawk at ?

Probably wouldn't be able to find it in time.

It's well known that no one in Kerry could be arsed bringing it around the county so its thrown into a cupboard somewhere and left there until its time to give it back to Tyrone.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Quote from: Mickeys beard on July 28, 2010, 10:15:37 PM
Hard to call any of these games at this stage as we have teams who haven't played outside their provinces yet.  Have been talking Dublin up all week in my head, but I just watched the re-run of the Louth match.  Dublin were pretty poor.  Louth gave them acres of space and yet there only were three scores between them in the end.  Dublin didn't look to gave any gameplan, were very disjointed outside of their defence.  A lot of the players seemed to be blowing hard half way through the second half.  Too muscle-bound?  BB only got one point from play.  The crowd were fairly flat too and I suspect that they were far from 'blown away'.
If Tyrone played Louth in that form, they would have been relentlessly ruthless.
I suppose Dublin have always been very dependant on goals  and they could win any game with two or three sucker-punch goals-that's the danger. 
I would be very surprised if Tyrone don't win this one.

That's what I wanna hear. Get feckin wired into them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Gaffer on July 28, 2010, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 05:03:59 PM
Shall we bring Sam along for ye all to have a gawk at ?

Probably wouldn't be able to find it in time.

It's well known that no one in Kerry could be arsed bringing it around the county so its thrown into a cupboard somewhere and left there until its time to give it back to Tyrone.

yerra, when ye will have had it for as long as we have ye will undestand too so say no more. If we never again won an AI until ye caught up with us we'll all be fairly greyer over the ears !!

north down

Just got my tickets on Ticketmaster this evening - like many posters I hate having to pay the 3.5 euro commission but what can you do especially given the short timeframe to get tickets. It's hard to guage Tyrone's performances this year - many will argue that they haven't beat a good team yet - although I would guess many of those would have predicted that Monaghan would turn them over in the Ulster final. Even if Tyrone do beat Dublin on Saturday I'm sure that there will be those who will say that they have not yet have been properly tested.  IMHO Tyrone should win this but they need to prevent Dublin building up a head of steam early on - keep it tight early on and I think Tyrone can win this fairly comfortably although I can't see them running away with it.

heffo

Quote from: north down on July 28, 2010, 10:36:52 PM
I hate having to pay the 3.5 euro commission but what can you do especially given the short timeframe to get tickets.

Become a member of the GAA?

Fear ón Srath Bán

The second placed team of the last decade should be used to being favourites...

Ah no, I wouldn't say making the final in '95, and the semis in '96 would entitle us to that particular tag  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

comethekingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 28, 2010, 10:41:28 PM

The second placed team of the last decade should be used to being favourites...

Ah no, I wouldn't say making the final in '95, and the semis in '96 would entitle us to that particular tag  :P

Here we go again!  ::) - How about starting another thread for this?