All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doohersarmy

as a tyronie, living in dublin, surrounded by the jacks, they are mighty seriously confident that they will shock Tyrone on saturday afternoon with their new full forward eoghan the bomber o'gara causing alll the damage. IMO Tyrone midfield need to stop the supply of ball going into ogara & brogan or else we will be in serious trouble, hub needs to put the big basketballer on his backside first mission & colm cavanagh needs another big performance out of his skin otherwise justy & co will have very busy day.

ONeill

So, have Down never lost to Kerry in the Championship - even at semi-final stage? What is it - 3-0?

As for Tyrone-Dublin it's 2-2 and one draw (Dublin 1984, 1995 - Tyrone 2005, 2008).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone_redhand

I think this should be a fairly easy one for us. Dublin have shown nothing imo to show that they have improved. I'd be surprised if the game isnt over with 15mins to go.

I have a feeling that Down will come through on the other side as kerry are past it and with T O'Se and Galvin missing they are there for the taking. I really think it could be an All Ulster final.

omagh_gael

Beginning to get some nerves about saturday. Always special playing the dubs in a big game in Croker. Have to add a big + 1 to all those comments on the atmosphere in the 2nd half of the replay in 05. Don't think i will ever experience such an intense noise in a sporting venue ever again, it really was electric. I will never forget the stunned silence after Mugsy's goal into the hill either.

I'd imagine Harte will name the same 15 apart from Tommy in FF. Either SoN will come back into FF or a whole host of HF options (Mc Cullagh, B McGuigan, Mellon etc.) will start at 11 with Sean moving to FF.

Anyone know when season tickets will be released?

Qwerty28

What do you Tyrone boys think of McCullagh as a player? Been to a lot of Tyrine games over last 5/6 years and he is one of the many players I admire but seems to have slipped down the picking order the last while. Has a very quick footballing brain and is very dangerous close to goal but whats he like on the local scene?

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 27, 2010, 07:12:37 PM
So who is supporting us in the first game or are ye all staying in the pubs.

We are in Dublin this weekend, will probably take a run up to it if the weather is ok, I assume tickets will be available on the day.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ONeill

Recorded that 5 minute period on the phone of the 2005 game - not great quality but you get the jist in terms of atmosphere. (prob breaking copyright rules)  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3633ea-4I

Pups

You boys are going down :) and as for Down taking Kerry, not a chance!  Wishful thinking guys. All munster final this year with Kerry cruising it.

Kerry Mike

QuoteSo, have Down never lost to Kerry in the Championship - even at semi-final stage? What is it - 3-0?

Tis 4-0 at the moment 2 semis and 2 finals, but like yourselves they dont come out to play too often. We are there every year  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

LeoMc

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 27, 2010, 10:39:55 PM
QuoteSo, have Down never lost to Kerry in the Championship - even at semi-final stage? What is it - 3-0?

Tis 4-0 at the moment 2 semis and 2 finals, but like yourselves they dont come out to play too often. We are there every year  ;)
A man from the old school. Take a hit give a hit. No crying about it.

ONeill

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on July 27, 2010, 10:21:32 PM
Recorded that 5 minute period on the phone of the 2005 game - not great quality but you get the jist in terms of atmosphere. (prob breaking copyright rules)  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3633ea-4I

Mighty stuff O'Neill...I was sitting in the small section of Tyrone fans to the left of the tunnel in the Cusack/Canal end were all them points were swung over from. Was a cauldron of passion and noise stopped dead in it's tracks by the bleach haired assassin!

omagh_gael

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Pups on July 27, 2010, 10:38:30 PM
All munster final this year with Kerry cruising it.

What, yet another woeful anti-climax with the Cork boys bottling it and rolling over again? I don't think so  :P *

* And I don't mean by that that Cork won't bottle it and roll over again
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Not sure where you're hearing that newboy DoohersArmy cos I've yet to meet one person from Dublin who gaves them any chance. Of course there is an element of cute hoorism but as you can see from their match attendances a lot don't rate this team and this is why they are playing this as  double header for the first time in years

Last year they nearly filled Croker for this league game and years before.

Poor Macauley was texting me looking for advice on Hub's weaknesses.
I said his lack of subtlety.