All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
I wouldn't agree Puck. I was at the semi and I didn't think Cork produced anything we hadn't seen before and they only lost the final by 3 or 4 pointswhen there was no score in the last ten minutes. In other words they were in a decent position with ten minutes to go and Kerry got bodies back which cork didn't have the guile to break down. It should be remembered that Cork will probably have a new FF, new FB and one new midfielder, a different center back and a different half forward line this year. They are a team in progression and are getting better every year, I wouldn't say that is true of either Tyrone or Kerry.

Id agree with this - at the very least at first glance. Its whether Tyrone or Kerry are deteriorating that is dangerous for them.

Kerry Mike

QuoteThey are a team in progression and are getting better every year,

But they lost to an old and tired Kerry team in the Munster semi...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

QuoteThey are a team in progression and are getting better every year,
[/quote]

I see no evidence of this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

I would take Cork in the 1/4 finals. last year's semi was just one of those games where nothing went right on the day for Tyrone. I can't believe all this nonsense about Cork being a better team than Tyrone. This Cork team must be one of the biggest chokers around and until they win an all-ireland that wont change for me.

never kickt a ball

Cork will be lucky to get past Limerick. It's about time Limerick stood up to the mark in the qualifiers!

Maguire01

Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2010, 10:04:47 PM
If Mickey happened to find a way to beat Cork (and here will come the Tyrone bashing) - he'd have to go down as one of the very best in the game. He's found a way to beat most systems - except the one he used most successfully. Found a way to beat the intensity and strength of Armagh - and make sure Tyrone won the last 10 minutes, which no team had done against that 2002-2003 armagh side. Found a way to nullify the kerry threat and outscore them in a couple of fantastic games. I'd be pretty nervous facing Cork - but it'd be a hell of a way to win a fourth AIF.
Quick rewind - 2003, first round, Ulster Championship.

Zulu

Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2010, 11:23:08 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2010, 11:14:50 PM
I wouldn't agree Puck. I was at the semi and I didn't think Cork produced anything we hadn't seen before and they only lost the final by 3 or 4 pointswhen there was no score in the last ten minutes. In other words they were in a decent position with ten minutes to go and Kerry got bodies back which cork didn't have the guile to break down. It should be remembered that Cork will probably have a new FF, new FB and one new midfielder, a different center back and a different half forward line this year. They are a team in progression and are getting better every year, I wouldn't say that is true of either Tyrone or Kerry.

Id agree with this - at the very least at first glance. Its whether Tyrone or Kerry are deteriorating that is dangerous for them.

That's the important point I think. Tyrone and Kerry have at least plateaued I think (if their still improving then the rest will never win an AI again!) but are the deteriorating and if so by how much. I think both have gone back a bit from what they were, they must have and the question is have they gone back enough to be beaten? I think they have and I think there are question marks over this version of both Tyrone and Kerry. Many have asked about the quality of teh opposition Cork have met well the same could be asked of Tyrone. Armaghs defeat to an out od sorts Dublin puts Monaghans abilities into question. Have Tyrone really beaten anyone of note? It's developing into a fascinating championship.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Not sure Limerick is going to be a walk in the park for Cork. Think Limerick will run them very close.

I'd nearly prefer Dublin in the QFs purely for the record Tyrone have against them in Croke Park for the QFs. (Of course that depends if they can beat Louth)
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

omagh_gael

With Monaghan getting beat today that increases the chances of avoiding Cork (if the come through rd 4) from 66% to 75%.

never kickt a ball

Has to be Tyrone V Dublin for the umpteenth year in the quarter finals. Anybody but Cork!

clarshack

still think cork is the best possible draw for tyrone.

dublin, kildare and down have all gained momentum whereas this cork team are crying out to be beaten.

plus we only beat down 2 games ago so we dont want them again so soon.

we owe cork big time for last year.

mountainboii

Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2010, 09:16:16 PM
still think cork is the best possible draw for tyrone.

dublin, kildare and down have all gained momentum whereas this cork team are crying out to be beaten.

plus we only beat down 2 games ago so we dont want them again so soon.

we owe cork big time for last year.

Just like Kerry at the same stage last year...

bcarrier