The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2014, 07:19:03 PM
4 Fish caught today...
Always plenty of bites with that lot. Small brains like fish.

ONeill

Mertesacker Emptiness: http://youtu.be/zV4CTHUFhig
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.

If only I had put some money on one of them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 11, 2014, 03:48:12 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.

If only I had put some money on one of them.
Argentina were 7/2 . Not very exciting. Germany were 13/2

rodney trotter

BBC documentary on Alan Hansen tonight 10.35, his last appearance on Sunday http://t.co/b8cv6oOn9o

Tony Baloney

clarshack

Think argentina will sneak it on Sunday. They've been harshly criticised IMO as every team they have played (apart from Nigeria) have parked the bus against them. Nigeria went out and played football and it was a 3-2 score line. All the other teams were terrified of messi and went ultra defensive and it's therefore been easy to label the argentines as boring.

Also, whether it's gaa or soccer more often than not, when a team wins a semi-final by a big score they end up losing the final. Don't forget the Germans can also tend to be over confident.

plus Germany have knocked argentina out of the last 2 world cups. Will it be a 3rd World Cup in a row? Law of averages and all that...

bridgegael

looking messi to score hattrick in final. that should see my argentins/messi bet up. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Captain Obvious

Golden Ball (best player) short-list: Di Maria, Hummels, Kroos, Lahm, Mascherano, Messi, Muller, Neymar, Robben, James Rodriguez.

BennyCake

Quote from: dec on July 10, 2014, 04:06:07 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 09, 2014, 11:47:07 PM
Repeat of 1990 world cup final and probably a repeat result.
Also a repeat of the 1986 final.

They never met in those finals. That was West Germany. Germany haven't won the World Cup before.

cornerback

Quote from: BennyCake on July 12, 2014, 04:49:07 PM
Quote from: dec on July 10, 2014, 04:06:07 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 09, 2014, 11:47:07 PM
Repeat of 1990 world cup final and probably a repeat result.
Also a repeat of the 1986 final.

They never met in those finals. That was West Germany. Germany haven't won the World Cup before.

FFS Germany, get those 3 stars off your jersey  :o  ::)

ONeill

If East Germany had won the WC would they have 4 stars?

So, when Ireland is one we can combine our....erm....shooting gold medals?

J OGorman

Apres match covering the game tonight. Class craic. As was the Garth brook's tune the other night.

'Some business by José to get rid of David Luis for €50m before the rest of the world realised he was a bellend'

Must say the Rte coverage of the world cup has been first rate. Fair dues Biiiiiiiiiiill

ONeill

These games are often high scoring  3-2, 4-3....

Ned 8 Bra 4