The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Why don't Dunphy et al admit...Messi was shite

mouview

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 09, 2014, 11:45:47 PM
Right i hope that the end of Messi a better player than Maradona, i dont even wana to hear that any more,

Maradona was anonymous in '90 final too.

mouview

Syferus

Quote from: mouview on July 10, 2014, 12:14:41 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 09, 2014, 11:45:47 PM
Right i hope that the end of Messi a better player than Maradona, i dont even wana to hear that any more,

Maradona was anonymous in '90 final too.

Messi is a better player than Maradona and nothing that happens on Sunday has any impact on that. The only thing a win will do is make the Argies like him a little more.

J OGorman

Quote from: AQMP on July 10, 2014, 12:06:06 AM
Why don't Dunphy et al admit...Messi was shite

Breathe man !

Poor much alright. For those of a slightly younger vintage, there was plenty of club and international games that Maradona went missing in

A place in the WC final, hectic schedule in warm humid conditions, end of a long season, huge pressure. Was always gonna be a cagey affair.

The final will be more of the same...they usually are

Wildweasel74

Messi is not a better player than Maradona, Maradona would shine at Barca in that current team of recent years,  compared to the team he played on, there no way Messi could have took Napoli to 2 Italian leagues in a time Italian football was the worlds strongest. Back then a defender could cut u in 2 and often did, all the great players these days get plenty of protection, old Diego got very little. I remember watching Maradona from the mid 80`s and seen plenty of Messi, and he very good but still would not eclipse Maradona

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 13, 2010, 07:06:56 PM
Brazil, Ghana, Germany and Argentina will be the contenders next time. England will do better but they really missed the boat this time.

Not a bad auld prediction there from the Captain.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2014, 12:46:20 AM
Brazil, Ghana, Germany and Argentina will be the contenders next time. England will do better but they really missed the boat this time.

60% of it was totally wrong.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Syferus on July 10, 2014, 12:52:31 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2014, 12:46:20 AM

60% of it was totally wrong.

60% correct, you mean
Brazil, Germany and Argentina contenders (semi finalists so 3 out of last 4 in contention)
Ghana meh and England incorrect

Out of the five teams named, three correct predictions and two incorrect
Hasta la victoria siempre

ONeill

For me, Maradona was better. Messi dandered about today and only played if the ball came to him. Maradona demanded the ball.

Messi was blessed with the players around him at Barca. He's still the best on the planet right now but no way would Messi have landed that '86 World Cup or the Napoli titles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zulu

Would those 3 not have been in most peoples's predictions?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Zulu on July 10, 2014, 01:06:59 AM
Would those 3 not have been in most peoples's predictions?

I don't know, read back in the thread
Hasta la victoria siempre

Zulu

I mean generally, not just on GAAboard. Not taking away from Pat's soccer knowledge but I would have thought 3 of those teams would have been highly regarded by everyone.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ONeill on May 14, 2014, 12:02:25 AM
Here's one for ye - Spain not to qualify out of their group. Netherlands and Chile to pip them. What odds?

Decent prediction there.

dec

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 09, 2014, 11:47:07 PM
Repeat of 1990 world cup final and probably a repeat result.
Also a repeat of the 1986 final.