The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2670104/Ghana-president-flying-3million-appease-World-Cup-squad-unhappy-denied-bonus-payments.html

Probably something to do with this not arriving yet!!!

QuoteAs much as $3 million in cash sent by Ghana's president was expected to arrive in Brazil on a plane Wednesday in a bid to appease members of the country's World Cup squad who are unhappy at being denied bonus payments.
President John Dramani Mahama has been forced to personally intervene in the latest bonus row to hit African football, which has seriously disrupted Ghana's preparations for its decisive Group G game against Portugal on Thursday.
Ghana midfielder Christian Atsu dismissed fears the team would boycott its final group game in Brasilia, which the Ghanaians need to win to stand any chance of reaching the second round.

WT4E

I would be very surprised if Jogi and Jurgen haven't organised a draw between them!

gallsman

Suarez banned for 9 matches (presumably those conducted under FIFA banner only) and ALL football activity for four months.

Billys Boots

"I will bite every German player if I have to" - Will Ferrell
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on June 26, 2014, 03:00:05 PM
Suarez banned for 9 matches (presumably those conducted under FIFA banner only) and ALL football activity for four months.
Only four months!  That leaves a bad taste in the mouth!

orangeman

Listerine are one of the headline sponsors of the tournament.

AZOffaly

So are Moy Park Chicken. Maybe they should have given him a nice tray of grilled chicken before the game.

Capt Pat

Algeria draw with the Russians to qualify Algeria for the second round for the first time in their history.

AZOffaly

Great for Algeria and well deserved. I remember well them being shafted in 1982. And guess who they play in the last 16? :) revenge!

Milltown Row2

Aye be some craic if they did put the Germans out. plenty of motivation
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rossiewanderer

USA and Algeria have been terrific and what makes it even more of an achievement is that they play
a very positive style of football with massive heart and commitment.

As for the antics of Cameroon and Ghana..lazy cliches were never so apt,Money Money Money
Give me da money!Ivory Coast went all out to score a goal for Toures brother Toure himself butchered a three on one for that reason.

imtommygunn

I have a sneaky feeling usa might beat belgium.

Jell 0 Biafra

I'd agree.  Belgium very overrated.   They are good at counterattacking though, so the US had better be careful not to leave themselves exposed at the back.

blewuporstuffed

Belguim have a very good group of players, but they dont seem to be be able to gel together as a team up to now at least. At the same time they have a 100% record in the group
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

No world cup games on tonight!
Guess I'm gonna have to talk to the wife now instead.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.