The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ballinaman on June 25, 2014, 07:50:19 AM
@ben_cavey: #Suarez... imagine if it was any other job... Gary in accountants keeps biting people. Yeah, but he is a really good accountant.

Had to laugh at this one!

Liked this
George Mahood @georgemahood
Follow
Chews life. Chews Ivanovic. Chews Bakkal. Chews Chiellini. Chews a f**king big television. Chews a job. Chews a career.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Mayo4Sam

Am I the only one that thinks theres no evidence to suspend him for anything?
Unless for a (kinda) headbutt

Clearly the photos going around are photoshopped. Lugano came out after the match and said he had done nothing

"You saw this, really? You need to show me because I didn't see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years. You couldn't have seen it today because nothing happened.

"The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. He's a great player, with an enormous status. It doesn't correspond with Italian football. As sportsmen leaving the field, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man he disappointed me totally
."

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2014, 09:27:55 AM

Clearly the photos going around are photoshopped. Lugano came out after the match and said he had done nothing

"You saw this, really? You need to show me because I didn't see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years. You couldn't have seen it today because nothing happened.

"The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. He's a great player, with an enormous status. It doesn't correspond with Italian football. As sportsmen leaving the field, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man he disappointed me totally
."

Yeah, i sort of thought that also.
While its highly likely that did bite/attempt to bite him based on past events, the footage of the incident is inconclusive at best and i cant see that being used as the basis of a very long ban of the type the english press are talking about .
I would say they are more likely to give him something like 2 games for an attempted head butt, or violent conduct or whatever than falls under and that would be it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Tabarez the manager saying it's basically because everyone hates Tyrone Uruguay.
It's a universal language really. 

Zip Code

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 25, 2014, 09:33:20 AM

."

While its highly likely that did bite/attempt to bite him based on past events, the footage of the incident is inconclusive at best and i cant see that being used as the basis of a very long ban of the type the english press are talking about .
I would say they are more likely to give him something like 2 games for an attempted head butt, or violent conduct or whatever than falls under and that would be it.

Get a pair of glasses ffs, you can see his mouth open and him bit the player, ban the p***k.

laoislad

I think he more pushes down with his (considerably large) top teeth onto the players shoulder.
I dunno does he actually open his mouth and take a bite like he did with Ivanovic.
Still not right what he did but it doesn't look like a bite in the true sense of what a bite is.
The marks on the players shoulder wouldn't indicate an actual chomp.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

This is hilarious. His teeth happened to come in contact with the guys shoulder. It was not a bite.... LOL

The more sensible people will call a spade a spade.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Zip Code on June 25, 2014, 09:39:24 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 25, 2014, 09:33:20 AM

."

Get a pair of glasses ffs, you can see his mouth open and him bit the player, ban the p***k.

Unless you have seen different footage than me, there is no way you can say 100 % that he actually bit him.
given his previous, there is certainly a good probability he did, but im not sure that its enough for the sort of bans being talked about in the English press.
FIFA will likely give him a   two game ban for some vague offence such that is covered under the artical 48 mentioned by fifa
Article 48 refers to "misconduct against opponents or persons other than match", including serious foul play, unsporting conduct, assault and spitting

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

It was a bite,  maybe not a full blown Dracula one but a bite all the same.  Crazy, stupid stuff.

Fíor Gael

Never a bite, a bit of argy bargy in the square!! Typical English media over reaction trying to deflect from them having the most brutal team in the tournament. Playing the incident over and over, telling everyone what to think, calling for life time bans- it was no more than a bit of rough play.  You cant get banned for knocking England out of the world cup.
Why dont they focus more on their own short comings and finally admit that Rooney is the most over rated player in history and Woy Hodgson is a stuttering, mumbling fool that makes Mick McCarthy look like a footballing genius!

Zip Code

Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 09:48:07 AM
This is hilarious. His teeth happened to come in contact with the guys shoulder. It was not a bite.... LOL

If you teeth came in contact with a shoulder why would your bottom jaw come up, he bit him get the f**k over it - hopefully he gets a long ban, only in the fucked up world of socccar would this p***k be defended for his actions.

Mayo4Sam

I dont think you believe any photos you see on this.

I think its clear from Chellinis reaction that hes bitten him although lets face it Chellini could have decided weeks ago that he was going to claim to be bitten by Suarez whether it happened or not
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

EC Unique

Quote from: Zip Code on June 25, 2014, 09:58:13 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2014, 09:48:07 AM

If you teeth came in contact with a shoulder why would your bottom jaw come up, he bit him get the f**k over it - hopefully he gets a long ban, only in the fucked up world of socccar would this p***k be defended for his actions.

I was being sarcastic FFS. Of course the lunatic bit him..