The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

This really has taken the gloss of Suarez's performance against England. Management will have to try and get to the root of the problem or else just throw into a canal or fill him in.

gallsman

James Rodriguez is a special (a top, top?) player.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on June 24, 2014, 11:24:39 PM
This really has taken the gloss of Suarez's performance against England. Management will have to try and get to the root of the problem or else just throw into a canal or fill him in.

This is just rotten, time to pull it out and crown it.

But I will never forget his brace against England.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Rinse out your mouth and hold your tongue Orangeman. Suarez should be drilling the ball to the roof of the net instead of this. He will be pasted for this abrasion and can brace himself as he will be cleaned by FIFA.

orangeman

Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 24, 2014, 11:51:51 PM

Rinse out your mouth and hold your tongue Orangeman. Suarez should be drilling the ball to the roof of the net instead of this. He will be pasted for this abrasion and can brace himself as he will be cleaned by FIFA.

Uruguay will be looking for a replacement if the appeals committee can't fixit. This really is a bridge too far. Was there any needle in the game up until this point ?.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2014, 11:50:55 PM
Wenger has offered £40'000'002

Are you on the laughing gas? He will need a bridging loan for this. If Wenger does implant him into the Arsenal team he will make no impression.

orangeman

Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 24, 2014, 11:57:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2014, 11:50:55 PM
Wenger has offered £40'000'002

Are you on the laughing gas? He will need a bridging loan for this. If Wenger does implant him into the Arsenal team he will make no impression.

If you drill down deeper, you could find that there is an abscess of money after Arsenal won the Cavity cup. There could be new faces with one or two new faces fillings in for those who have been extracted. Gaps at the back have been a bit of a problem lately. They'll make mouth guards compulsory next season after this.

New just in - Suarez has asked for an oral hearing.

orangeman

There could be sedation required -  Suarez opened up wide and an Xray could be needed after scraping away.

But football is a funny business and it could all be brushed under the reclining chair. With a bit of wisdom, he might have no ill fillings towards his opponent.

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/fifa-opens-disciplinary-proccedings-over-luis-suarez-bite

Suárez defended himself on Uruguayan television after the match. "These situations happen on the pitch. We were both just inside the area; he struck me in the chest with his shoulder and he hit me in the eye as well," he said. "These are things that happen on the pitch and you shouldn't attach so much importance to them. I'm very happy to have qualified. We are taking each game as it comes. We know that we're in a difficult situation; we're at our limits now."

The website of the Uruguayan TV station Tenfield questioned whether the pressure on Suárez was brought about by the British media.
"In the TV replay, as viewed in the press area, it appears that [Suárez's] face comes in contact with Chiellini without it being clear whether he bites him as was claimed by those – especially the English – who were keen to play down Uruguay's victory.
"British reporters in the press conference asked [coach] Oscar Tabarez three times asked about the incident, saying that: 'Suárez bit Chiellini.' Their intention was Fifa should intervene and expel Luisito [Suárez] from the World Cup ... It would be good if these Englishmen, who are concerned to have Suárez suspended, remember how they won the World Cup in 1966 with a ball which was not a goal."

AZOffaly

They know their goose is cooked. Dispicable act, once again, from someone who is a great player but is an absolute basket case on the field. At this point I'm sick talking about Suarez. As I said yesterday, it's very tiresome the way he is always on the agenda.

Ironic if he picks up a long ban while trying to engineer a move, again. To be honest if I could get 80 million I'd let him off. He's great, but you just never know when he's going to lose it.

ballinaman

@ben_cavey: #Suarez... imagine if it was any other job... Gary in accountants keeps biting people. Yeah, but he is a really good accountant.

Had to laugh at this one!

nrico2006

Quote from: WT4E on June 24, 2014, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.

Haven't seen much of Argentina - Have they been better than Brazil?

They haven't set the world alight so far but still getting results.  Think they will really click in the knock-out rounds, its a change from them blowing their load in the group stages so far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2014, 08:25:26 AM
I picked Germany or Argentina to win it before the tournament started, still can't see anybody but these two winning it.

They haven't set the world alight so far but still getting results.  Think they will really click in the knock-out rounds, its a change from them blowing their load in the group stages so far.
120,000 Argentina fans expected in Porto Alegre today with supposedly 80,000 travelling by road!

WT4E

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2014, 08:25:26 AM

Have the RTE boys been sore on them in the analysis? Are they convinced they are rubbish and won't win it?