The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 24, 2014, 08:59:47 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 24, 2014, 08:38:43 PM
There might not be enough evidence to ban him. If he denies it all he could get away with it

Is the teeth marks in yer man's shoulder not pretty conclusive evidence?? Holy fcuk what more do you need. The lad is mentally unstable....normal people don't go around doing that type of stuff. If he gave ye r man a box it would be considered normal but not that shit!

A lot of the photos floating about have a wee bit of work done on them!  I have no doubt he did it but a lot will depend on the refs report.

Syferus

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 24, 2014, 08:31:34 PM
It's help the guy needs- not a ban... Serious issues.

Big ban coming up. Should get about a year to be honest. Will he ever learn?

All three incidents have been with different presiding bodies. This could only count as a first offense.

The ban isn't going to be massive, much as some seem to be hoping.

stiffler

Talk of a 3 game ban, could be back for final.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ballinaman

Hope he isn't banned...want to put a few bets on...bites referee ...bites opposing manager..ect...money to be made.

Kidder81

Is biting worse than a deliberate leg breaking tackle ?

ballinaman

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 24, 2014, 09:31:44 PM
Good call. Will throw a fiver on that too

EC Unique

At this stage it is not the fact that he bit someone. It is the fact that he done it twice before and still can't seem to stop. He has serious mental issues. That is now 5 major negative incidents in his career. Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on June 24, 2014, 09:17:02 PM
Hope he isn't banned...want to put a few bets on...bites referee ...bites opposing manager..ect...money to be made.

Richard Helmersen placed 100 Norwegian Kroner, about €12, on Luis Suarez to bite someone at the World Cup at odds of 175/1. And, as we all know, that bet has come in, netting him just over two grand.

He told TV2, via Google Translate:
'It's really quite surreal. I sit the course to watching the game and when it happens it starts to tick the messages from buddies who knew I'd put money on it. It's quite fun. I started the only laugh. I thought, is he really so stupid that he does it again?'
'It was mostly for fun. But I knew that they were playing against Italy and England and it soon could be irritably'.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: EC Unique on June 24, 2014, 09:41:49 PM

At this stage it is not the fact that he bit someone. It is the fact that he done it twice before and still can't seem to stop. He has serious mental issues. That is now 5 major negative incidents in his career. Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest.
There is something seriously wrong with him. By all accounts off the pitch he is a sound fella & a good family man...but on the pitch...my god..what a nutcase!!!

anportmorforjfc

If the Donegal of soccer end up going through tonight that's one last 16 game I won't be looking forward to watching.

ballinaman

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 24, 2014, 09:53:02 PM
If the Donegal of soccer end up going through tonight that's one last 16 game I won't be looking forward to watching.
To go through scoring 1 goal would be something else!

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on June 24, 2014, 09:57:06 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 24, 2014, 09:53:02 PM
To go through scoring 1 goal would be something else!

We went through in '90 & '94 scoring only two.
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

Greece would do well in the Ulster championship.