The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2014, 10:22:25 PM
How do you make out Gerrard was at fault for both goals?
First goal Jagielka was awful and hadn't a clue where Suarez was and second goal Cahill let Suarez get the wrong side of him and didn't follow him.
The English defence was at fault for both goals imo.

He made a very lame tackle in the lead - up to the first goal. Jagielka made the second mistake but Gerrard was at fault too. I didn't mean that both goals were solely his fault. You're right, the defence was at fault for both of them too.

Sheedy

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2014, 10:22:25 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 19, 2014, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: AQMP on June 19, 2014, 09:38:27 PM
Eng have momentum. To be fair to Rooney he's been England's best player

I thought Gary Cahill was very good too but wasn't as clever as Suarez for the second goal. Gerrard was at fault for both goals but England are a mediocre bunch. Bit unlucky with the ref bottling the second yellow for Godin???? on 28 mins .
How do you make out Gerrard was at fault for both goals?
First goal Jagielka was awful and hadn't a clue where Suarez was and second goal Cahill let Suarez get the wrong side of him and didn't follow him. Yeah Gerrard knocked it on but Cahill never anticipated it like good defenders should. Plus it was a fantastic finish.
The English defence was at fault for both goals imo.
even though it seems everyone wanted England to lose, 'we' don't want to be seen criticising the players of the teams 'we' support. thought England as a team were average and their main man, captain marvel, was found wanting again and was at fault for the 2nd goal.
nil satis nisi optimum

Armamike

Poor stuff from Cahill for the second goal.  Easier said that done to keep tabs on Suarez but Cahill just switched off for the split second and lost him.  Letting Saurez goalside is football suicide.
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on June 19, 2014, 10:33:23 PM
Poor stuff from Cahill for the second goal.  Easier said that done to keep tabs on Suarez but Cahill just switched off for the split second and lost him.  Letting Saurez goalside is football suicide.
Exactly. And Jagielka was at fault for the first.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mike Sheehy

Did it actually come off Gerrard for the second goal ? I thought it was the Uruguayan that nipped in front of him that got a head on it ?.

Sheedy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 19, 2014, 10:42:45 PM
Did it actually come off Gerrard for the second goal ? I thought it was the Uruguayan that nipped in front of him that got a head on it ?.
it came off gerrard alright, sure he loves an aul backpass.  ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

Capt Pat

It had to come off Gerrard as if it came off the Uruguayan Suarez would have been offside.

ONeill

Liverpool players were terrible tonight, apart from the one that mattered on the other side.

Roy's best players were sitting on the bench.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

He had a poor tournament , lame attempt at a tackle in the build up to Uruguays first goal.

WT4E

I think England were sumed up in this game by one fact - if Uruguay needed another attacking option they had Diego Forlan but England needed a further attacking option and had rickie lambert  ::)

Armamike

The whole English backline have been ropey the past 2 games. Baines has been a big disappointment. Awful going forward and not much better on the backfoot, and Johnson has been his usual self, quite good going forward. The 2 chbs just haven't been commanding enough. 

Armamike

Quote from: WT4E on June 19, 2014, 10:57:51 PM
I think England were sumed up in this game by one fact - if Uruguay needed another attacking option they had Diego Forlan but England needed a further attacking option and had rickie lambert  ::)

Don't get that one.

imtommygunn

It was basically two lapses in concentration and suarez capitalised on them.

Gerrard made a mistake but cahill switched off.

ballinaman

The concussion situation tonight was absolutely ridiculous. Lethal

muppet

The Bill, Eamo & Johnny Show is a long long time on the go.

This is what they looked liked 24 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SflSO53fKT0#t=293
MWWSI 2017