The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Come 10 o clock this evening i'll be very surprised if the World of football is quite as dismissive of the Spanish threat as they are at the minute.

Sorry Beer Baron, i think we all had good reason to be dismissive of Spain, they are done!

Rossie11

Hopefully.. Still think there are a few more dodgy penos left for brazil!!

Tony Baloney

beer baron

Indeed it would appear they are done which is a bit sad as they have been brilliant. But for me it's fantastic as i thought they were a threat to my Germans,next to get the Argies out.

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2014, 10:01:25 PM
Suck on that you stinking Spanish b**tards.

Signed,
Tír na mBascach

Looks like xabi Alonso signed up to that :)

mouview

End of an era. We all know it had to come some time, and the signs have been there, particularly in the past couple of seasons. However, I thought he might make one last major final and bow out on a high, but it's unlikely now if he'll even make it past the quarters. Billo just can't get forward into attack like he used to in his prime, just not able to find that final penetrating question. Content now to sit back and let the others around him make the running. Trying to stroll through the game these days. Shame that RTE haven't the huevos to haul him off in place of fresh legs. Maybe they're in denial.

Goodnight and God bless.

magpie seanie

Delighted Spain have been sent packing. The only goal they got in 180 minutes was a penalty that was not a penalty. Their cheating is the worst of any in the world (I was delighted Busquets was one that missed a sitter to get them back into the game) so I am glad no-one will be copying their "style" after this. As was said earlier - I'm sure they can comfort themselves with the possession stats. Boring, boring, boring.

Well done to Chile. Played with great speed, courage and no little skill despite what Del Bosque tried to imply in his post match comments (Chile were good physically - give me a break).

Kidder81

No I would say they will comfort themselves with a World Cup and Two Euros in the last 6 years.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 18, 2014, 11:15:37 PM
No I would say they will comfort themselves with a World Cup and Two Euros in the last 6 years.
Aye they've done alright. Teams that have an era have domination always comes to an end. Sure look how far Man United have fallen within a season. They'll be relegated by 2017.

Rossie11

Harsh Seanie. Have you been bored with Spain the past 6 years or just the last week?

Syferus

There's still some gas in that team, certainly for the next Euros at least. Xavi might be gone but who else starting is terribly old and don't have world class replacements?

Look like a team that need a break.

Rossie11

Rigobert Song 1st man to be sent off in 2 World Cups..
Now namesake Alex after getting the road for Tomahawk style attack..
Lunatics..

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2014, 11:49:41 PM
There's still some gas in that team, certainly for the next Euros at least. Xavi might be gone but who else starting is terribly old and don't have world class replacements?

Look like a team that need a break.

The bench certainly looked to have enough quality on it tonight to do a bit of damage at the Euros.
Substitutes
02 Albiol
03 Piqué
05 Juanfran
07 Villa
08 Xavi
09 Torres
10 Fábregas
12 de Gea
13 Mata
17 Koke
20 Cazorla
23 Reina
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 18, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Rigobert Song 1st man to be sent off in 2 World Cups..
Now namesake Alex after getting the road for Tomahawk style attack..
Lunatics..

What sort of World Cup would it be without a good old tommahawk attack?

RealSpiritof98

Thon mansukic needed a bootin not a flick of an elbow. He must be the first man to dive taking a throw in, been a good world cup but f**king hate that shit so much, and the screaming and yelling when they go down. Id love someone to really lose it and boot someone proper.

P.s ive had a drink  8)