The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 13, 2014, 09:53:49 PM
This Spain team been on the slide since brazil thrashed them a year ago, they not win it, the problem with Spain is they have alot of skillful footballers but no hard hitters like Nadal or a player like Roy Keane, when the shit hits the fan they lie down all too easy,

I don't know if you are being serious here but the lack of a hard hitter was hardly a hindrance at Euro 2008, WC2010 or Euro 2012.

I think what you are seeing is the natural decline of a great team. It happens all great teams.

ONeill

Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 13, 2014, 09:58:25 PM

I think it's too soon to be writing of Spain. There will be a lot of over reaction when a result like this happens.
Spain should have been 2 up if Villa didn't p***k around. We'd all be saying Spain were great then.
I think it was a foul for the 3rd goal.

Correct. Villa was being a real dick. On the bench.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Spain have never really had to stand up to be counted as most of the time they were better than the opposition, they didn't need a hard hitter back then though i put Puyol in that bracket, plus senna back when they won the first European championship, when the chips are down now and they are evened out among the top 6/8 teams having a man that can hold his own and try to win the midfield battle is essential, Having  a goalkeeper would help too,

Syferus

They had to stand up against the very same opposition four years ago in the biggest match in this team and Spain's history.

rodney trotter

Chile should be entertaining to watch. Great attacking players.

Wildweasel74

That Holland team a better team than 4 yrs ago, Spain also were a better team bck then, what got them over the line then, will not now

laoislad

Could be a long night for Australia.
2 down after 13 mins.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mouview

laoislad

laoislad

Hoof Hearted

spain lost opening game of 2010 WC too
wouldn't  be putting the mortgage on against them yet
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hotshot Hamish

Decent game enough.
Chile sat back a bit after going 2 up.
Hope the Aussies get a result. Great header from Cahill