The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on June 12, 2014, 04:47:02 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2014, 04:41:06 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 12, 2014, 04:31:48 PM
I don't know about it getting worse at all.

France was a very good world cup, Japan/Korea (outside of the little incident before it) was very good. Italia 90 was a terrible one and led to many rule changes as a result but has been some really good tournements and I can't remember not enjoying it but I'd like the whole package and soccer as a game. Even South Africa was enjoyable and had plenty of drama.
What little incident before Japan/Korea??
The ticketing issue  ;)

http://www.printweek.com/print-week/news/1114256/fifa-blames-world-cup-hosts-ticket-chaos
Ah sure it worked itself out.
Its not like anyone got in a huff and walked out because of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

93-DY-SAM

Are Sky going to be up to their usual crap and block broadcasting of games on RTE in the north?  Not sure what Sky think they are achieving blocking these games in the north as most people can see the games on RTE via Saorview anyway.  I don't have Saorview on main TV in living room and I'll have to watch the games on the insufferable BBC or ITV or watch them on a smaller TV in the house.

Good excuse for a new TV if I can sell the idea to the other half. 

Bingo

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 12, 2014, 05:10:06 PM
Are Sky going to be up to their usual crap and block broadcasting of games on RTE in the north?  Not sure what Sky think they are achieving blocking these games in the north as most people can see the games on RTE via Saorview anyway.  I don't have Saorview on main TV in living room and I'll have to watch the games on the insufferable BBC or ITV or watch them on a smaller TV in the house.

It won't be sky blocking it, it would be attached to the broadcasting rights, so the likes of UTV and BBC would be blocking them. Or rather the platform operators would be obliged to block them on their behalf.

AQMP

Aye and the feckers are going to destroy the GAA as well!

I notice Croatia are 10/1 to beat Brazil tonight with McLean's.  Those are feckin' generous odds??

Greece are 15/2 to win Group C...might be worth a spare £5?

DuffleKing

What time does this game the night kick off ?

Wildweasel74

one pet dislike of the whole cup before it starts, i remember back round running round in a pair of red boots playing fullback in my heyday back when we all sensible wore black, had to stand out somehow lol, anyway i went through the 442 magazine world cup preview, out of all the teams previewed with team photos, maybe 20+ teams, not 1 player was actually wearing the old style black boots, we practically got ever colour under the sun all quite loud colours, none co-ordianted with team mates or team colours, its actually quite off putting, time to go retro and bring back the good old standard version, all these boot deals a curse!1

5 Sams

Yep...blocked again....not me..RTE...have to make do with  >:(Chiles and Co
The Aristocrat Years

Wildweasel74

the sound for the opening ceremony is terrible there, waste of time bringing jenny from the block

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 12, 2014, 07:39:14 PM
the sound for the opening ceremony is terrible there, waste of time bringing jenny from the block
I dunno I think she's looking well. She must be near 40 or more now?

Capt Pat

The opening ceremony is a shambles. They made a complete mess of the music.

I will be conservative and go for Brazil to win at home. They will beat Argentina in the final. Belgium will do well and finish third.

Dunphy is going through Brazil for a short cut at the moment.

J OGorman

oakleaflad

Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 12, 2014, 07:34:46 PM
Any team news?

Brazil: Cesar; D.Alves, T.Silva, D.Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, L.Gustavo; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred.

Croatia: Pletikosa; Srna, Ćorluka, Lovren, Vrsaljko; Modrić, Rakitić, Perišić, Brozović; Olić, Jelavić

CD

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 12, 2014, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 12, 2014, 07:34:46 PM
Any team news?

Brazil: Cesar; D.Alves, T.Silva, D.Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, L.Gustavo; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred.

Croatia: Pletikosa; Srna, Ćorluka, Lovren, Vrsaljko; Modrić, Rakitić, Perišić, Brozović; Olić, Jelavić

Not a bad looking Croatia team there - I'd have Modric and Rakitic before Paulinho and Gustavo any day. Don't fancy Olic and Jelavic to get much change out of Tiago Silva though! Interesting game I think - Fred and Hulk can be average enough as well. I'd say Croatia will fancy this!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!