The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Suarez is recovering from knee surgery. I haven't seen much of Cavani but his numbers  aren't that special. And there won't be any defenders sweating about Forlan. Their captain struggled to get in the West Brom side this year. We'll soon find out  anyway.

beer baron

I seen Uruguay twice in the qualifiers,they're absolutely awful. At the same time England are also awful at this level.Gerrard still starting,holy god!

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 01, 2014, 02:19:10 PM
Suarez is recovering from knee surgery. I haven't seen much of Cavani but his numbers  aren't that special. And there won't be any defenders sweating about Forlan. Their captain struggled to get in the West Brom side this year. We'll soon find out  anyway.

Forlan is the South American Klose. He thrives at these tournaments and as an option off the bench he is a far better than fecking Rickie Lambert.

Cavani plays second fiddle to the Swede at PSG but his talent is not in doubt. Suarez will have his say before the tournament is over.

beer baron

P.S Cavani on form is close to being as good as Suarez-i know it sounds ridiculous but he is that good! Hasn't been a success at PSG but has basically played as a winger most of the time.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 01, 2014, 12:09:33 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 01, 2014, 12:00:43 PM
Italy were without, Buffon, Balotelli, Pirlo, Daniele De Rossi yesterday, so I doubt they would have been very ordinary with those players playing from the start. De Rossi made an appearance in the second half the others didn't , They haven't named their 23 man Squad still have the provisional 30 man squad, probay looking at other players yesterday and giving players like Giuseppe Rossi coming back from injury some game time...

Montolivo will be a loss for the WC though,

Buffon wouldn't have made much of a difference to how they played yesterday,plus the goalie they did have made some excellent saves.
De Rossi came on so that only leaves Balotelli and Pirlo who may have made a difference. It was a strong Italy team and they were very poor.
I think England will beat them.

Pirlo is still arguably their best player. Do England have a player of his class in midfield? not in my opinion

If he plays like this again they will struggle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9PRSuqHfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M99HmXSAnDw

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: Sidney on June 01, 2014, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 01, 2014, 12:12:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2014, 09:57:41 PM

England to finish bottom of their group @17/2 is a good bet I think.

I have a few quid on England to top their group at 21/10. I think their players are way ahead of what Italy and Uruguay have. Especially if they go with the younger players. I'd like to see Sterling, Henderson, Barkley and Sturridge all starting. Let them off the leash Roy.

I may well regret it 10 minutes into the first game when they can't string 3 passes together.
That's it, mate. How many Germany or Italy players would get in the England team? Very few is the answer. If England play either of those teams and England play to anywhere close to their potential, England, or should I say we, win every time.
Not sure if serious or taking the piss!

Hotshot Hamish

9 days to go. .. Can't wait :D
Who does everyone think will win it?

I'm going for a home Brazilian win.

AZOffaly

I hope Argentina win it, and I have a sneaky feeling for the French to make a bit of noise too. I think Brazil are too dependent on Neymar and I don't trust him.

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 11:58:20 AM
I hope Argentina win it, and I have a sneaky feeling for the French to make a bit of noise too. I think Brazil are too dependent on Neymar and I don't trust him.

Is he a Muslim?? ;)

AZOffaly

A Moslem is, I think, the vernacular. But no, I think he's a bollix, not a Muslim.

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 12:08:05 PM
A Moslem is, I think, the vernacular. But no, I think he's a bollix, not a Muslim.
A great talent but he does seem like a little bollix I agree.
The diving is ridiculous especially when he is so talented.

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 11:58:20 AM
Agreed, throwing a few bob on them to make the semi's.

beer baron

No Ribery apparently lads,would be a bit concerning if i were following France. Germans for me, Reus to be in the running for Player of the Tournament too i reckon.

ballinaman

Quote from: beer baron on June 03, 2014, 12:25:03 PM
No Ribery apparently lads,would be a bit concerning if i were following France. Germans for me, Reus to be in the running for Player of the Tournament too i reckon.
Germans schedule is awful, serious amount of travelling. Their high tempo pressing game isn't suited to the climate...reckon they will run out of steam by game 5. Pity because I put 20 on them after the Euros in 2012! ha