The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Happy enough.
At least there will be a few decent games to go to.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Forever Green

Good draw for Ireland imo. We are perfectly capable of beating Sweden. What about Croatia and Serbia in the same group? That will f**king crazy :o

mountainboii

Quote from: laoislad on July 30, 2011, 08:58:26 PM
Group C

Germany
Sweden
Ireland
Austria
Faroes
Kazakhstan

Couple of shite draws (Kazakhstan & Germany) and a couple of decent draws (Faroes & Austria). Group E or G would've been ideal. Fighting it out with Sweden for second place, more than likely.

Capt Pat

I  don't like it at all. Germany are pretty much a top class side again after being average for most of the past decade. We can forget about winning the group. The Swedeschave a grestcrecord of qualifying for tournaments and making the knockout stages when you get there.

Dinny Breen

QuoteGermany are pretty much a top class side again after being average for most of the past decade

1 European Runners-up, 1 World Cup Runners-up and 2 World Cup 3rd place finishes, you have very high standards.
#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 31, 2011, 09:45:35 AM
QuoteGermany are pretty much a top class side again after being average for most of the past decade

1 European Runners-up, 1 World Cup Runners-up and 2 World Cup 3rd place finishes, you have very high standards.

No no sir. I have seen some pretty top class scary German sides and they haven't delivered one of those since at least 1990. Yes they won the Euros in 96 as well but Greece won that tournament as well. By their own high standards they haven't produced a team or hardly even a player worth temembering since Mattheus and that 1990 team.

AQMP

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 31, 2011, 10:05:28 AM

No no sir. I have seen some pretty top class scary German sides and they haven't delivered one of those since at least 1990. Yes they won the Euros in 96 as well but Greece won that tournament as well. By their own high standards they haven't produced a team or hardly even a player worth temembering since Mattheus and that 1990 team.

In his day Ballack could play a bit, Kahn was a more than decent keeper, and Schweinsteiger was outstanding in the last WC.

Tonto

Quote from: AQMP on August 01, 2011, 10:55:26 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 31, 2011, 10:05:28 AM

In his day Ballack could play a bit, Kahn was a more than decent keeper, and Schweinsteiger was outstanding in the last WC.
Podolski's international record is rather good too.  42 goals in 89 international games.

laoislad

Three deaths were reported in Sao Paulo on Wednesday as the stadium due to stage the opening match at next year's World Cup suffered a partial collapse.

Pictures shown in Brazilian media, including the website of newspaper Estadao, showed structural damage at the Arena Corinthians, with part of a roof having fallen away to the ground and with a crane also felled and damage caused to another stand.

Corinthians, the club that will move into the stadium, issued a short statement on their website that said: "The board of Sport Club Corinthians Paulista deeply regrets the accident earlier in Corinthians Arena.

"(There is) no other information at this time."

Estadao quoted a police officer, Mauro Lopes, as saying it was believed there were three fatalities.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/three-killed-as-section-of-world-cup-stadium-collapses-615510.html

Jonah

I see Falcao may miss the World Cup which would be a shame.

Carmen Stateside

The 30 for 30 show on loughinsland about to come on ESPN in states.  Must be half hour show, first half hour is "the myth of Garrincha"

laoislad

Only 31 days left. 
Looking forward to it now Premier League is over.

AZOffaly

Had the same thought myself. Love the World Cup.

laoislad

I see Nasri didn't make the French squad. Bit of a shock no?
His Girlfriend is going nuts on Twitter!
"f**k France and f**k Deschamps"