Sean Kelly - President of Ireland?

Started by JMohan, July 12, 2010, 10:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funtime frankie

God help us if that Muppet got near the Aras. Thats all we need a little shoneen representing the Nation.

Rossfan

He proved to be more in touch with the GAA membership than the extremely fíor Gaels  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: funtime frankie on July 14, 2010, 11:44:01 AM
God help us if that Muppet got near the Aras. Thats all we need a little shoneen representing the Nation.

What a vile thing to say about a true Irishman.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

blanketattack

Quote from: johnpower on July 13, 2010, 09:03:12 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 13, 2010, 07:28:00 PM
I'm sick of the sight of him.
He was in the media far too much when he was ex-president and when he was ex-ex-president. You didn't see any of the previous ex-presidents in the media commenting on all things GAA when Sean Kelly was president so he should have done the same.
However in fairness to him, when Kerry scored that goal that never was in 1999 he told the ref that it wasn't a goal at halftime, and even though the ref did nothing about it, I thought that was a very sporting gesture especially in the days of no back door.

The ex presidents in an organisation who still yield too much power . I  would vote for him

and get too many All-Ireland tickets; 641 to be exact.

kerrylions

sean kelly was the best gaa president we have had ,not like the muppets that went before him and the ones that av been there since he left,and we will have another kerry gaa president within the next 6 years

GBXII

Agree that he was by far the best president. A hell of a lot better than the guy that came after that's for sure.

kerrylions

he hadnt a clue,if cu!ts were scarce he would make 2 of them

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: kerrylions on July 14, 2010, 09:52:22 PM
he hadnt a clue,if c*!ts were scarce he would make 2 of them

I think you should delete that post
Hasta la victoria siempre

The Forfeit Point

i do hope you mean norris and not kelly

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on July 14, 2010, 10:42:28 PM

Yeah, that really improves thing. The only Muppets and Shoneens are ye two.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 14, 2010, 11:25:05 PM
Quote from: The Forfeit Point on July 14, 2010, 10:42:28 PM

Yeah, that really improves thing. The only Muppets and Shoneens are ye two.

Both men are Irish nationalists, both men have contributed positively to Irish society. People may agree or disagree with either of these men but they are both two true Irishman, I would be proud for either to become our next President.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

RedandGreenSniper

I think Norris would be a good President. Can't quite say the same about Sean Kelly. But MGHU is right, both are great Irishmen and them being called a muppet or a shoneen says more about the person flinging the abuse than anything else.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

magpie seanie

I can't believe people are comparing Norris and Kelly. There is no comparison. One is an intellectual and noted literary scholar, has a long established record of public service where his track record is one of fighting against the odds on numerous issues. The other is Sean Kelly whose notable achievement as GAA President was one that had huge public support. He is in public service 2 or 3 years as an MEP. Feel free to ad to that.

I never liked Kelly but I will say this. Bad and all as I thought he was as GAA president he was way ahead of the current guy.

blanketattack

As far as our next president is concerned:
John Bruton >>> Michael D. >>> Brian Crowley >>> Dr. McAleese >>> Sean Kelly >>> David Norris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dustin the Turkey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bertie Ahern

Rav67