Doire v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 11, 2010, 06:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

3pm throw-in, definitely can't make this now, what kind of crowd will it get can't imagine more than a 1000 from Kildare travelling..
#newbridgeornowhere

GAA_Punter

GAA Qualifier times dates and venues – Football Round 3 – Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th July

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/07/12/weekend-gaa-fixtures-saturday-17th-sunday-18th-july-2010/

Bogball XV

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 12, 2010, 01:36:55 PM
3pm throw-in, definitely can't make this now, what kind of crowd will it get can't imagine more than a 1000 from Kildare travelling..
awful time for a game, iirc there was barely more than a thousand there in total the last time.  Why would it be set for 3.00pm on a saturday??  Who does that suit?

Bogball XV

Quote from: bennydorano on July 12, 2010, 01:05:11 AM
I'll be filling my boots with Kildare, I'll actually back Kildare minus points.  Any faith I had in Derry evaporated in Celtic Park when Armagh beat them, a very talented bunch of individuals with no backbone, no stomach for a fight and a manager who obviously doesn't have the dressing room.
you'll probably get them plus the points all the same.  Derry have moved on from the armagh game, at least this time we might be able to play some football without armaghs's cynical dutch like tactics, seems like the orange shirt isn't all they have in common ;) ;)

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 12, 2010, 01:50:38 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 12, 2010, 01:05:11 AM
I'll be filling my boots with Kildare, I'll actually back Kildare minus points.  Any faith I had in Derry evaporated in Celtic Park when Armagh beat them, a very talented bunch of individuals with no backbone, no stomach for a fight and a manager who obviously doesn't have the dressing room.
you'll probably get them plus the points all the same.  Derry have moved on from the armagh game, at least this time we might be able to play some football without armaghs's cynical dutch like tactics, seems like the orange shirt isn't all they have in common ;) ;)

Derry have something in common with the dutch to...had a player sent off.  :o

bennydorano

How have Derry moved on, by beating Division 3 and a division 4 teams?  Jaysus ::)  Kildare will be the first half decent team since Armagh and the outcome will be the same.   Derry r spineless

Donnellys Hollow

There was a very decent Kildare crowd up in Belfast and I'd imagine most will head north again. The Sky planner has the Saturday Game starting at 2.40 so presumably this will be the first live match considering it's the only one with a 3.00 throw in?

Watching the highlights of Derry/Westmeath last night it looked like Martin Flanagan caused all sorts of problems for the Derry full-back line under the high ball - definitely a case can be made for starting O'Connor or even lining out with Dermot on the edge of the square. He's clearly struggling with the knee and doesn't look to have the legs for midfield at the moment. Roli has done well when moved out there alongside Flynn.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Yea I like the look of O'Connor, physically a different beast to when he first burst on the scene and the Biffo breeding gives him that bit of dog Kildare lads seem to lack at time, wouldn't be worried if he started at all.

Small consolation that the game is probably on TV, but Kildare have adjusted their game plan so it will be more Ulster fare than Leinster fare with plenty of bodies behind the ball with a poor crowd, not good TV will it make.
#newbridgeornowhere

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 12, 2010, 02:51:18 PM
Yea I like the look of O'Connor, physically a different beast to when he first burst on the scene and the Biffo breeding gives him that bit of dog Kildare lads seem to lack at time, wouldn't be worried if he started at all.

Small consolation that the game is probably on TV, but Kildare have adjusted their game plan so it will be more Ulster fare than Leinster fare with plenty of bodies behind the ball with a poor crowd, not good TV will it make.

thats interesting. How have they done that?

Dinny Breen

nothing too radical, generally we were playing a 2-2-2 forward line with quick diagonal balls to the players who were coming from in to out, now we are playing a sweeper in front of the back 3 (Eamon O'Callaghan) who is named as corner forward and the ball is carried more out of defence and then tends to be more direct into the full forward line
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Live on RTE, the last 3 games in Celtic Park we have lost by an average of 7 points, Derry will be heavy favs.
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

that'll be the 4 star radisson in limavady booked out for the weekend as its the only place salubrious enough for the tally ho brigade to stay !!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 12, 2010, 04:26:12 PM
that'll be the 4 star radisson in limavady booked out for the weekend as its the only place salubrious enough for the tally ho brigade to stay !!

YeeeeeeHaw!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Main Street

Where is thread on,
'visiting Derry for the first time, any advice?'

Dinny Breen

It's there just below the Official 2010 FIFA World Ponitification Cup thread, not as boring mind you....
#newbridgeornowhere