DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Konica

Possibly but he's doing very well as a No. 2 at the minute, and that's his best role anyway. I'm not convinced he'd make a great manager even if he got it.
I think there is a clue in the article where he speaks about the parts of the Managers job he doesn't like and for that reason I think he'd rather stay working on the field - which is what he's well respected for now.

Hound

Dublin unchanged after all.

Stephen Cluxton

Michael Fitzsimons                      Rory O'Carroll                                  Philly McMahon               

Kevin Nolan                                  Ger Brennan                                      David Henry                         

Michael Dara McAuley                      Ross McConnell

Paul Flynn                                     Alan Brogan                                       Niall Corkery         

Bernard Brogan                                Eoghan O'Gara                                  Kevin McManamon                 

JUst retired

As an Armagh supporter I hope Mr. Grimley never gets the job. Money grabbing person. I won`t use the word I really mean.

imtommygunn

Andy Mallon on Bernard Brogan I guess??

Be interesting to see if O'Carroll stays on McDonnel - I guess he will. Big ask of a ~20 year old to mark McDonnell if he does.

If Kernan drops back a bit then Brennan should attack him plenty. Might be the kind of player Brennan is suited to mark.

Alan Brogan vs Kieran McKeever should be interesting.

lemallon

Donaghy will mark Brogan Martin on O Gara and Mallon on Mc Menamin if Dublin line up that way which id be surprised if they do.

mountainboii

Armagh name their team for Saturday's Qualifier against Dublin

1. Paul Hearty - Crossmaglen
2. Andy Mallon - Pearse Og
3. Brendan Donaghy - Clonmore
4. Vincent Martin - Dromintee
5. Paul Duffy – Pearse Og
6. Ciaran Mc Keever - Cullyhanna
7. Finnian Moriarty - Wolfe Tone
8. Charlie Vernon – Armagh Harps
9. Kieran Toner - Granemore
10. Malachy Mackin - Cullyhanna
11. Aaron Kernan - Crossmaglen
12. Gareth Swift - Armagh Harps
13. Brian Mallon – Tir na nOg
14. Steven Mc Donnell - Killeavy
15. Jamie Clarke - Crossmaglen

16. Philip McEvoy - Dromintee
17. Joe Feeney - Madden
18. Barry Shannon - Dromintee
19. James Lavery - Maghery
20. Kevin Dyas - Dromintee
21. Enda Mc Nulty - Mullaghbawn
22. Paul Mc Keown - Crossmaglen
23. Tony Kernan - Crossmaglen
24. Paul Kernan - Crossmaglen
25. Francis Hanratty - Crossmaglen
26. Martin O'Rourke - Dromintee
27. Stefan Campbell – Clan na Gael
28. Gavin Mc Parland - Ballymacnab
29. David Comiskey - Tullysaran
30. Eugene Mc Verry - Mullaghbawn

Football - Armagh GAA

mountainboii

As expected really. Pleased to see David Comiskey involved.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BerfArmagh

Thats probably our strongest team, though i'd swap lavery for Mackin. Looking forward to a good game

you take er!

Looking forward to an open game also. I hope we express ourselves cos i would not only like to win with style but would like to lose with style (should that be the eventual outcome).

Uladh

Quote from: you take er! on July 16, 2010, 10:42:59 AM
Looking forward to an open game also. I hope we express ourselves cos i would not only like to win with style but would like to lose with style (should that be the eventual outcome).

Lose with style?

fcuk me.

heffo

If the Dublin team thats named lines out, I expect an Armagh win

illdecide

Prob as strong as armagh can be TBH, just not Mal Mackins biggest fan and if one of them young lads were to replace him it wouldn't be so bad. Would Martin O'rourke be fit to come on as the last 15-20 minutes would suit him and has the experience of big match days
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BerfArmagh

I love it when rte predict the opposition to beat armagh, it nearly always results in an armagh win

Two teams that go into the campaign with high expectations every season, one will leave Croke Park and the Championship very disappointed this weekend.

Dublin and Armagh have done little to suggest they 'll be involved in the closing games in the competition.

Through the scoring ability of Pat Gilroy's men comes a chance to build momentum and advance through the qualifiers.

So far Dublin have been exploited by every team they've faced, and while they have survived scares against Wexford and Tipperary so far, the loss to Meath in between supported the theory that when the Dubs face decent opposition, they will be shown up as an average team.

They are better than what they have produced so far, but clicking as a team has been the problem.

There is no certainty in their play, individuals are unable to shake off past failures and the expectations of the (seemingly now decreasing) home support.

Armagh was probably the best tie they could have drawn.

Playing another 'weaker' county would not have done Dublin any favour, sooner or later they will have to step up and in the qualifiers there is no let-up.

The Orchard County have been efficient in their wins over Donegal and Fermanagh.

It was always going to be a long road back from the hammering they suffered at the hands of Monaghan and facing their Ulster rivals was exactly the tonic they needed to overcome what happened in Kingspan Breffni Park.

Armagh were quite wasteful against Fermanagh last weekend, the match was certainly by no means a walkover so they did well to see it out.

Jamie Clarke and Stephen McDonnell have led their revival and a lot will depend on how they perform this week.

The Meath forwards ripped Dublin to shreds by playing their own game and not getting sucked into the occasion, if Armagh can do that then it could spell the end of Dublin in this year's Championship.

The Dubs know what they have to do and if Gilroy can instil come composure into their game, they will survive at least another round.

Verdict: Dublin

The Konica

Quote from: illdecide on July 16, 2010, 12:10:23 PM
Prob as strong as armagh can be TBH, just not Mal Mackins biggest fan and if one of them young lads were to replace him it wouldn't be so bad. Would Martin O'rourke be fit to come on as the last 15-20 minutes would suit him and has the experience of big match days

Is he still playing?
How old's he now?