DUBLIN V ARMAGH sat 17th @ 5.00pm croke park

Started by lawnseed, July 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: eireogatron on July 15, 2010, 12:39:00 PM
i dont think Dyas merits his place at this stage.
x2. I'd have Finn Mo in ahead of him. HB line is probably our strongest line so its not unreasonable to exclude him. Wouldn't have AK there either.

BerfArmagh

i thought dyas was very poor the last day against fermanagh, his distribution (though not on his own) was appalling. I was watching him and he kicks the ball like an aussie rules ball, almost drop kicking it all the time

illdecide

Did they state what crowd is expected for sat
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 15, 2010, 11:01:06 AM
Nippy & Aaron seem to score regular enough... though Aaron less from play now that's he's in the forwards ironically.
I always thought he looked better coming from deep. His big brother Stephen can do what he's doing now...

I agree.

AK is much more threatning as an attacking half back.  He has scored some great points from play from there in the championship.

No real stand out contender for the CHF position for Armagh.

Canalman

Crowd atm estimated 45k.

Weather muck here in Dublin................. a good Friday/Saturday will I think get it up over 50k.

Still alot of Dubs very disillusioned  about August 2008 and 9.

ardchieftain

armaghniac

QuoteWeather muck here in Dublin................. a good Friday/Saturday will I think get it up over 50k.

Met.ie
Saturday will start off bright with sunny spells and well scattered showers. Highs 17 to 20 C. But during the afternoon and evening, cloud will increase from the Atlantic and bring rain to western coastal counties.

It should be decent on Saturday morning and those showers in the Atlantic won't reach Dublin before night.

QuoteStill alot of Dubs very disillusioned  about August 2008 and 9.

Beating Armagh would encourage Dublin as they owe us a few, but it wouldn't prevent a tanking later on from the Munster lads.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

our_fella

Any idea on when paddy will announce the team? He did so this time last week

Hound

Quote from: ardchieftain on July 15, 2010, 07:36:42 PM
Are Armagh people allowed on the Hill ?
Check out www.Hill16.ie for a clue

;)

Dublin team named tonight, announced tomorrow. Not too many changes expected, at least 1, no more than 3. Cullen should be included.

The Aristocrat

Everyone going for Armagh, people and Journo's etc. Suits Dublin fine.

Il go for Dublin to win this one by 4 or 5 points.

heffo

Quote from: Hound on July 15, 2010, 10:16:16 PM
Quote from: ardchieftain on July 15, 2010, 07:36:42 PM
Are Armagh people allowed on the Hill ?

Dublin team named tonight, announced tomorrow. Not too many changes expected, at least 1, no more than 3. Cullen should be included.

I'm pretty sure there are two changes - one in each of the forward lines - Cullen & Keaney in.

Cahill has been told he's way down the pecking order - Gilroy is on a one way campaign to get rid of all the All-stars - tune in next year for Alan Brogan getting his marching orders

ONeill

Looking forward to this. Some shower of hoors on the field as well as in the stands.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardchieftain

Think you took a wrong turn there somewhere, lad. This is the match in croke park, not clones.

I'm sure you lovely dublin chaps will look after me on the hill.

omagh_gael

Off on a bit of a tangent here but there is a good article with Paul Grimley in the indo. He seems to be 100% set that he'll never take the Armagh job. Do you lads think that's a bit of arse-boxing and he'll take it a number of years down the line when there are new members in the county board and most ties are cut from the current regime?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/monaghans-right-hand-man-2260928.html