Restaurants you wouldn't recommend to anyone

Started by ardmhachaabu, July 10, 2010, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

La Boca in Belfast city centre, can't say a good word about the place.  Went for the second time during the week and again the food was awful, the mrs wasn't impressed either.  Her food arrived cold and it was tasteless

Needless to say we won't be back

What restaurant would you not recommend to anyone and why?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Puckoon

Ah f**k, the Kam Wah. Jesus I even had the number 23 tattooed on my arm in cantonese so I got the right thing when Id stumble in hammered.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hairyhog on July 10, 2010, 06:16:45 PM
Kam Wah (RIP)
Did anyone eat out of there in a sober state? I was a fairly regular attendee but only after an awful feed of drink. Was always a meat market too for a last ditch attempt at a grip before the night was out.

AMA where is this La Boca place and why did you go back a second time?

Wee Shea

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on July 10, 2010, 05:23:00 PM
La Boca in Belfast city centre, can't say a good word about the place.  Went for the second time during the week and again the food was awful, the mrs wasn't impressed either.  Her food arrived cold and it was tasteless

Needless to say we won't be back

What restaurant would you not recommend to anyone and why?

I don't mean this in a smart way but why did you go back if it was so bad the first time?

I will add one myself, the Bronte Steakhouse outside Banbridge, the food was ok but they kept us waiting about 45 minutes before seating us, I thought maybe they are busy, when they brought us in there was about ten empty tables we could have taken, really put me off. I was in a bad mood before I got my food.

Know its not a restaurant but a mate of mine got a frozen pie from the O'Neills in Cardiff. Serves him right for ordering food from an O'Neills I suppose.

imtommygunn

Bengal brasserie lisburn road belfast.

30th birthday one night. 2 hour wait.

ardmhachaabu

TB it's in Fountain St.  Babysitter arrived really late for us, we were hungry, it was closest place to us which was open at that time, we thought we would give it another go though we really should have known better
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

thewobbler

Not a restaurant as such, but Morrisons in Belfast has taken pub grub to new found lowest levels.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

this pub beside me, went in one sunday, ordered dinners and desserts and was told there would be half hour wait. Didn't mind.
Had the dinner, no sign of the dessert coming for ages. Called a waitress over and she says "there's now a 40 minute wait". So, there was half hour wait for the dinner, and then when it was ate and the table cleared there was another 40 minute wait for the dessert that I'd ordered about a hour before. Never went back. It wasn't even that nice.

So I'd advise people to stay away from there.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 10, 2010, 07:56:01 PM

Indian restaurants are notorious for this sort of shit. If a big party comes in they are keen to get the drinks flowing and then deliberately withhold the food order to get people to keep ordering drink. In any other country people would walk out, not here, and the c***ts know that.

norabeag

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 12, 2010, 10:57:52 PM

Indian restaurants are notorious for this sort of shit. If a big party comes in they are keen to get the drinks flowing and then deliberately withhold the food order to get people to keep ordering drink. In any other country people would walk out, not here, and the c***ts know that.
Must say I would regularly go to Bengal Brasserie on Ormeau Rd in the past and food,service etc was first class.

lawnseed

dont bother with the riverbank killanny co monaghan, after all the great reports i finally got there sat nite past. its below average, they do a 4 course for 20euro, the attitude seems to be "what do you expect for 20 euros" 
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Canalman

Can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal at a restaurant. Have to say though that imo a minority of people bend over backwards to find fault with restauranrs.

dodgy umpire

Was in the same place with a party of about 15, took ages too. As norabeg says the Ormeau branch is excellent.
The Boys in Red and Black are back