The why do Kerry players get away with Blue Murder thread

Started by haveaharp, July 05, 2010, 09:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

Another sad anti-Kerry thread!
Anyone else suspended from last week or is it just Tomas.
I think all eyes (and Sky+ boxes) will be on the action this weekend.
As it stands we are taking this on the chin again but the fact Canty acted the maggott in both game against us and got his card resinded hurts.

Main Street

"Taking it on the chin" and 'whataboutery' are mutually exclusive.

blanketattack

AZOffaly

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on July 07, 2010, 11:57:40 AM
Another sad anti-Kerry thread!
Anyone else suspended from last week or is it just Tomas.
I think all eyes (and Sky+ boxes) will be on the action this weekend.
As it stands we are taking this on the chin again but the fact Canty acted the maggott in both game against us and got his card resinded hurts.
`

In fairness I think it was Stephen Kelly that took it on the chin.

As for the Cork lads, sure that's all Frank Murphy.

Ball Hopper

"Tomás Ó Sé has been notified by the CCC that he has been charged with a Category 2 Offence (striking with the elbow). The proposed penalty is suspension for one month and the next game. Tomás Ó Sé is not seeking a hearing. "

Is that a bit vague...he is suspended for a month...July 5 to August 4, presumably.  Then comes "and the next game" which appears to say the game after the month is up.  If Kerry come through the quarter-final (or it goes to a replay), does he miss that game as well?

Or did they mean to say "suspension for Kerry's next game and from July 5 to August 4"...and be clear about it.

If Kerry win the q/f game and get Cork in the semi, will Frank be all over this?

I think we all know what they meant, but if it is written badly, can that be taken literally?

Incidentally, since the beginning of 2000 to now, Tomas has failed to appear in exactly 1 Kerry championship game...he was suspended for the Meath AI semi-final in 2001 after being sent off versus Dublin.  That is 68 appearances out of 69 games till now.  he also has 4 appearances for 98 and 99.

Some going, in fairness.

cicfada

Why most people would have no sympathy, is the self-created image that Kerry have,  that they are the "purest"  of football teams while Tyrone and other teams  would be "dirty"!! While I agree that Tomas O Se is not usually a cynical footballer he was last Sunday and deserves his punishment. Are Kerry footballers that thick that they can't watch themselves while playing knowing that the miscroscope is on them??  If  the ref had done his job he would have been sent off with 2 yellows with minimal suspension but now he is gone for longer. While that passes some of the blame onto the ref, whoat possessed O Se to play like he did?  I swear to God, I was listening to 2 Kerrymen telling  me that they felt like kicking their tvs when they were listening to canavan and Hayes at  the halftime break last Sunday. When I pressed them they agreed that O Se deserved to be sent off but that they didn't like Hayes and canavan saying it!! Talk about stupid!! Yes other players deserve the CCCC treatment as well but I am sorry most of the attention will logically be on the  bigger teams at present!

Hardy

I didn't want to contribute to this thread because I think it's shite, but I have to ask what do they mean by "proposed suspension"? Is he getting a month or not?

Keyser soze

TOS probably deserves a wee suspension for that, he was very naughty, i'm sure he takes the view that you do the crime you do the time.

Why i can't understand is why isn't the referee getting suspended, he must be farkin blind to have missed what i felt were 3 reckless, if not dangerous, tackles, all of which were blatant and right in front of him . Should never get another game imo. C**t probably booked a rake o' boys for jersey pulling!!

Off topic but i hafta agree with those saying what a player TOS is, right up there with the all time great half backs imo.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on July 07, 2010, 01:20:23 PM
I didn't want to contribute to this thread because I think it's shite, but I have to ask what do they mean by "proposed suspension"? Is he getting a month or not?

The CCCC only 'proposes' suspensions. They have to be ratified, which they always are barring appeal. If Tomás doesn't appeal, he'll get a month and 'at least' one championship game.

George Foreman

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 07, 2010, 01:03:35 PM
"Tomás Ó Sé has been notified by the CCC that he has been charged with a Category 2 Offence (striking with the elbow). The proposed penalty is suspension for one month and the next game. Tomás Ó Sé is not seeking a hearing. "

Is that a bit vague...he is suspended for a month...July 5 to August 4, presumably.  Then comes "and the next game" which appears to say the game after the month is up.  If Kerry come through the quarter-final (or it goes to a replay), does he miss that game as well?

Or did they mean to say "suspension for Kerry's next game and from July 5 to August 4"...and be clear about it.

If Kerry win the q/f game and get Cork in the semi, will Frank be all over this?

I think we all know what they meant, but if it is written badly, can that be taken literally?

Incidentally, since the beginning of 2000 to now, Tomas has failed to appear in exactly 1 Kerry championship game...he was suspended for the Meath AI semi-final in 2001 after being sent off versus Dublin.  That is 68 appearances out of 69 games till now.  he also has 4 appearances for 98 and 99.

Some going, in fairness.

It's just poorly worded, the ruling as always is that he's suspended for a month unless the next championship game falls outside that period, in which case he'll be suspended for it.

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 07, 2010, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 07, 2010, 01:20:23 PM

The CCCC only 'proposes' suspensions. They have to be ratified, which they always are barring appeal. If Tomás doesn't appeal, he'll get a month and 'at least' one championship game.

OK - thanks AZ.

magpie seanie

Pedantic time but its 4 weeks as well, not a month. The reason a game is mentioned is that if there was no game in that 4 weeks the suspension would extend to include the next game.

The disciplinary body (CCCC in this case) "proposes" a suspension and if it isn't appealed its deemed to be accepted.

As if not having a great selection of players, top manager and great hunger wasn't enough now Kerry have enough ammo to build up a siege mentality with the singling out of Galvin and O'Se.

Hardy

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 07, 2010, 02:28:22 PMAs if not having a great selection of players, top manager and great hunger wasn't enough now Kerry have enough ammo to build up a siege mentality with the singling out of Galvin and O'Se.

Exactly, and they sure know how to use it.

SuperDooperCooper

Most (if not all Kerry) fans have no issue with the two bans.
On viewing it on telly both were out of line.
What has annoyed us is that the media are falling over themselves to have a go at us alone.
Christ how can Tomas be the only guy suspened after last weekend? 
O'Hara, the galway corner back, Tommy Walsh, eddie Brennan, the tipp & wexford guys!!
Not to mention the Cavan guy who pushed the ref - good job he didn't touch his notebook or he would have got a 6 month ban.
Like refeering all this is looked for is consistency which was sadly lacking at the CCCC on their conference call this week.
In the face of this we can only assume that the CCCC have decided to only watch replays involving Kerry players.
We are now missing 6 players from last september, this should be game over this time.
Personnally I feel they will target Gooch and Donaghy for bans if by some miracle we win the next day.

spuds

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on July 07, 2010, 03:25:39 PM
Most (if not all Kerry) fans have no issue with the two bans.
On viewing it on telly both were out of line.
What has annoyed us is that the media are falling over themselves to have a go at us alone.
Christ how can Tomas be the only guy suspened after last weekend? 
O'Hara, the galway corner back, Tommy Walsh, eddie Brennan, the tipp & wexford guys!!
Not to mention the Cavan guy who pushed the ref - good job he didn't touch his notebook or he would have got a 6 month ban.
Like refeering all this is looked for is consistency which was sadly lacking at the CCCC on their conference call this week.
In the face of this we can only assume that the CCCC have decided to only watch replays involving Kerry players.
We are now missing 6 players from last september, this should be game over this time.
Personnally I feel they will target Gooch and Donaghy for bans if by some miracle we win the next day.
less of that talk super pooper or well have you banned from here for 4 weeks
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard