The why do Kerry players get away with Blue Murder thread

Started by haveaharp, July 05, 2010, 09:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Quote from: Jinxy on July 05, 2010, 02:13:06 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 05, 2010, 12:11:32 PM
QuoteDo you really think Meath players never did any dirty shenanigans off the ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWdn6Gmrkz8

Shur Meath are pure gents.

That was self-defence.
Finnerty started it!

Correct!

And then lay down!

tyssam5

Quote from: Hound on July 05, 2010, 10:30:56 AM
Quote from: highorlow on July 05, 2010, 10:24:37 AM

There was no vindictiveness in his tackles.
The elbow to Kelly's head after he had kicked the point was pure vindictiveness

Agree thought it was just late and high, but seeing the other angle during the review it was beyond late and he picked his spot deliberately. Could have done damage. Like Big Anthony said, if he got booked for the trip (how did he not?) none of the rest would have happened. Not sure why the TSG tried to make up a 'running battle' between him and Kelly, there was no evidence of that. Must have a been scared off by the Kerry media machine's reaction to Galvin.

Shame to be talking about this side of it as well. Only saw the highlights but it looked like a great game. Point the Limerick guy got after flicking it over O'Se head (was that what pissed him off?) was as good as we will see all year.

Kerry Mike

TySam: it was a cracking game but again its always a few indescretions that get picked on in the media, 

as for Kelly and O'Se there is a lot of history going back years in that pair, no angels the pair of them but O' Se should have been pulled up for it yeaterday.

When you play counties so regurely like we do in Munster there is always personal battles to be sorted out, Think Darragh O'Se and Pierce O'Neill, Galvin and O'Leary and more recently Galvin and Cadogan. too much mouthy crap going on in games,  Like they used to say years ago "tis many an open mouth caused a broken nose" but if you get caught you do the time. And Galvin is doing that, there is no probelm with that just want to see the rules applied to others as well. 

Canty getting his red card over-turned and Derek Kavanagh does not even get pulled now that the kind of f**king shite that gets up Kerry people. 

But anyway thats the joys of football it makes the summer interesting.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magpie seanie

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 05, 2010, 09:49:07 PM
TySam: it was a cracking game but again its always a few indescretions that get picked on in the media, 

as for Kelly and O'Se there is a lot of history going back years in that pair, no angels the pair of them but O' Se should have been pulled up for it yeaterday.

When you play counties so regurely like we do in Munster there is always personal battles to be sorted out, Think Darragh O'Se and Pierce O'Neill, Galvin and O'Leary and more recently Galvin and Cadogan. too much mouthy crap going on in games,  Like they used to say years ago "tis many an open mouth caused a broken nose" but if you get caught you do the time. And Galvin is doing that, there is no probelm with that just want to see the rules applied to others as well. 

Canty getting his red card over-turned and Derek Kavanagh does not even get pulled now that the kind of f**king shite that gets up Kerry people. 

Exactly. There are incidents in almost every game that could/should merit revisiting and the problem is that only ones highlighted on the Sunday Game seem to be. TSG only highlight incidents involving big name players or the ones that most people text in to crib about. A bit of a Joe Duffy ould wan jury.

Kerry1980

Nobody would care about Galvin or any other Kerry player's behavior if they weren't so successful. The hatred of Kerry has to be expected as any top side that dominates any sport is on the receiving end and while at first I was confused by what I saw as mindless attacks I have now learned to simply put it down to anger, frustration and just plain jealousy and take no notice of it anymore.

spuds

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 06, 2010, 10:12:28 AM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 05, 2010, 09:49:07 PM

Exactly. There are incidents in almost every game that could/should merit revisiting and the problem is that only ones highlighted on the Sunday Game seem to be. TSG only highlight incidents involving big name players or the ones that most people text in to crib about. A bit of a Joe Duffy ould wan jury.

that might be the case normally but tomas o se getting away with last sundays elbows etc was disgraceful
would be different if only a wee dig but there is a point where this behaviour has to be stopped
he deserves to be pulled up on this
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ross matt

Yeah very honourable in fairness but it's not up to him. It's up to whether this should be allowed in the game or not and if not whether the Sunday Game is the correct forum for highlighting it.

Personally I'm very disappointed with O'Se. Never seen him do anything like this before. I think he's been the most consistent footballer in the country for a number of years. But for some reason on Sunday he seemed like a lad that couldnt give a shit whether he got the line or not he was so blatant. Despite this he still hit 2 points which showed his class.

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

bloodybreakball

rossmatt, i can mind him giving cathal o rourke a wild hammering when he started out, was in the replay against armagh, right enuff wz 10 years ago and he's played fantastic football since. But all the hysteria from kerry is a disgrace and a joke it is only cute hoorism, think somebody hit on the head when they said that they reckon they'll do nothing on him now because of galvin, the tack;es were way over the top, and he deserves suspension, frig him

Declan

Good to see Daragh o'Se being as objective as usual when it come to the Kingdom ;)

[/b]Stephen and Tomás had a running battle. To be fair to both of them, they shook hands afterwards and got on with it. Some of Tomás's actions were highlighted by The Sunday Game but Stephen came out yesterday stating the referee was closer than most. Remember, this is championship football. Whatever Stephen got or gave – he seemed to get on with it.

He was crashing into fellas – giving good, quality ball into the forwards, where Ger Collins, in particular, profited. He left everything out on the field when they eventually hauled him ashore before the finish.

There was plenty of heavy hitting as two physical teams went toe to toe. An excellent contest with no quarter asked or given.

It was one of those games when you had no choice but to get stuck in.[/b]

Hound

Quote from: Declan on July 07, 2010, 08:17:19 AM
Good to see Daragh o'Se being as objective as usual when it come to the Kingdom ;)

This was my favourite bit from Darragh's article today:

A lot of tackles went unpunished. This suited Limerick

;D

Jinxy

Quote from: ross matt on July 06, 2010, 08:29:30 PM
Yeah very honourable in fairness but it's not up to him. It's up to whether this should be allowed in the game or not and if not whether the Sunday Game is the correct forum for highlighting it.

Personally I'm very disappointed with O'Se. Never seen him do anything like this before. I think he's been the most consistent footballer in the country for a number of years. But for some reason on Sunday he seemed like a lad that couldnt give a shit whether he got the line or not he was so blatant. Despite this he still hit 2 points which showed his class.

When the pressure is on you are practically guaranteed he will burst forward and kick a point.
A great man to step up when the team looks like they might be in trouble.
He's probably the best wing-back I've ever seen.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

David Whyte from Kildare after the Louth game was hit with a 4 week suspension for an off the ball incident, David and Kildare took the suspension no whinging. Kerry need to man up and stop being so precious. And it wasn't Kildare's first suspension this year either we had 3 suspended after an O'Byrne cup game maybe Kildare should play the victimised card and maybe refs might give them an easy ride too....
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

Tomás Ó Sé suspended

Tomás Ó Sé has been notified by the CCC that he has been charged with a Category 2 Offence (striking with the elbow). The proposed penalty is suspension for one month and the next game. Tomás Ó Sé is not seeking a hearing.