Munster SHC Final

Started by lilpaulie85, July 04, 2010, 05:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Poor enough first half, second certainly more enjoyable. Cork (esp the aul lads) played well within themselves, you'd like to think that they can raise it when they meet Tipp or KK, the focus we saw the last day wasn't there at all. Hard to know what to make of Waterford, I don't think Davy's shouting & screaming suits them at all...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

deiseach

I really enjoyed it, insofar as you can ever 'enjoy' a match involving your own, even the grind of the first half. It's great to be able to put it up to Cork even if they did play within themselves - after all, Ben O'Connor felt confident enough to be able to put frees wide that were right in front of the posts on the 45. Yerra the scores will come boy. But I'm under no illusions. Kilkenny would take us to the cleaners. This is why it's doubly important to beat Cork - leave it to Cork or Tipperary to beat the Cats ;)

lilpaulie85

the free at the end was soft, having said that i taught cork got some dubious frees during the game as well as the point that shouldn't have been, a draw a fair result i think. Can anyone tell me what aisake was moaning to the umpires about all game long was watching lawlor and he was always close to him but never saw any pulling or dragging or anything of the sort.  One last thing, Tony Browne must be Peter Pan, the man is showing no signs of ageing at all as far as i can see, great to see him get the all important goal, what a player he is and has been over the the past 19 years. The replay is very much hanging in the balance, still think waterford will take it by the smallest of margins, really looking forward to saturday evening.
Chase the dream not the competition.

Bud Wiser

QuoteCan anyone tell me what aisake was moaning to the umpires about all game long was watching lawlor and he was always close to him but never saw any pulling or dragging or anything of the sort.

O'Halpin should have got a yellow card for constantly being at the ref's ear. He earned two and a red for this carry on. I suppose if rthey are finished moaning off the pitch they are now starting to moan on the pitch.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

lilpaulie85

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 13, 2010, 12:19:55 PM
QuoteCan anyone tell me what aisake was moaning to the umpires about all game long was watching lawlor and he was always close to him but never saw any pulling or dragging or anything of the sort.

O'Halpin should have got a yellow card for constantly being at the ref's ear. He earned two and a red for this carry on. I suppose if rthey are finished moaning off the pitch they are now starting to maon on the pitch.

for a big man he goes down like a sniper hit him at times.

dowling

Obviously tactics by Cork to get Lawlor on a yellow and the referee obliged. As if the only way OHalpin could be stopped was by foul means and his continual yapping to the ref and umpires added to that impression. And as soon as Lawlor is taken off, two goals.
I said before I think Cork find it easier to get frees than the opposition and even Davy Fitz bemoaned the lack of frees Waterford got.

amallon

A very enjoyable day and night in Thurles.  First half was poor with a a lot of wides from both sides.  The intensity really picked up in the second half.  The free for the Waterford goal at the end should never have been given.  The atmosphere around before and after the game was good.  Did anyone notice the GPA's page in the program advertising the self employed Waterford players businesses?  Good idea but I couldn't belive they had their mobile numbers on it.  Maybe supporters are more mature in Munster but I could just imagine the windups that would happen if this was done in Ulster.  Semple stadium is a fine venue, I even got a walk on the hallowed turf apres match and the quality of the surface is fantastic.  The accomodatioin in Hayes hotel is third world at the best, I wasn't there in 1884 but the rooms don't look to have been done up since.  Good to see another Down man and GAA boarder (OurNial) in Thurles too before the game.  I though there was more than 35k people at the game.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lilpaulie85

hopefully tonights game will resemble the last 8 or so meetings of these two in the championship, plenty of good scoring and a relentless pace. may the best team win.

orangeman

Cork by a good few this evening.

heffo

I've just been talking to a couple of the Waterford lads who are as cool as cucumber - out for a walk and not meeting in Dungarvan until 3pm - hopefully Waterford by 2 or 3

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2010, 01:29:56 PM
Cork by a good few this evening.

I'd doubt either team will win by a good few and if one of them does I'd wager it will be Waterford. Waterford by 2-4 points I reckon.

muppet

Tony Browne, 37 years of age, put in 5 minutes at the end of extra time there that would do justice to any hurler, of any age, in any era.

Some man.
MWWSI 2017

nearlymad

Square Ball

Cork 1-13 Waterford 1-16 (AET)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Farrandeelin

Great to see them Cork boyos beat. Tony Browne motm in my opinion. And fair play to Dan the Man for getting the goal. Actually scrap that, it was a great evening's entertainment (despite the low scoring) and I was glued to the set for all second half and extra time. Didn't see the first half.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.