Galway v Wexford

Started by boro, July 04, 2010, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mckieran

QuoteConroy and Bradshaw did it at least twice each

Couldnt believe how nervous & jittery Bradshaw looked at the end.

On a brighter note, I thought Alan Burke was outstanding today

ross4life

Quote from: seafoid on July 10, 2010, 04:14:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 10, 2010, 03:42:19 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 10, 2010, 03:40:51 PM
Was it Faherty in goals doing the shouting? It will be impossible to judge Sligo until August, regardless of whether they win Connacht or not. They may be the real deal or they may not. This years Connacht Championship has been on a par with the early to mis 90s in terms of quality.

Have to agree shades of leitrim 1994

4 years later Galway won the all-Ireland. I'd settle for that again.
I suppose it is better to get dumped out now than pretend for another few weeks. Mayo and Galway both have a lot of questions hanging over them. Who woudda thought back in april that it would be thus ? Up, er, Meath.

I remember in 1995 Galway were expected to get hammered by Tyrone in the semi but they could & should have won it
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: The Konica on July 10, 2010, 04:03:01 PM
Quote from: galway15 on July 10, 2010, 03:57:06 PM
what a waste of money from the county board by getting kernan in. will be interesting how much of a loss they will have made on the year. had the winning of the game yet again but managed to lose it to a very poor team. feel very sorry for pj as cant see him sticking around for another year. future not looking good but i think the first thing to do is get rid of kernan and the clowns that with him on the sideline.

County Board never paid a penny of course and it'll never show on the books.

How old is PJ now?
Is he a teacher or something?

turned 33 in April
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Main Street

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 10, 2010, 03:46:49 PM
Referee had a really good game up untill the 51st minute and then made a really bad decision which cost Galway dearly.
It was a mistake, an honest mistake. Galway had plenty of time to reassert their authority on the game, it was not as if Wexford had wind in their sails after that penalty. Galway were awful in the last 15 minutes, that's why they lost that game. Wexford had the luxury of having about 10 wayward attempts before scoring  the equaliser.

mckieran

QuoteIt was a mistake, an honest mistake.

A refereee should not make a mistake like this when he is standing two yards away from the incident.

muppet

Quote from: mckieran on July 10, 2010, 04:36:50 PM
QuoteIt was a mistake, an honest mistake.

A refereee should not make a mistake like this when he is standing two yards away from the incident.

To be fair to MacStay he said the ref was having a good game before this incident and MacStay called the penalty right in real time. The 'free' near the sideline from which Wexford got the point didn't look like a free at all. The ball was knocked away fairly I though.
MWWSI 2017

GBXII

Muppet, whats that MWWSI 2011 about at the end of your posts? Mayo Will Win Sam In 2011??!!

muppet

Quote from: GBXII on July 10, 2010, 05:11:47 PM
Muppet, whats that MWWSI 2011 about at the end of your posts? Mayo Will Win Sam In 2011??!!

I had to er update it there a while ago.
MWWSI 2017

mrgaa1

It has been widely recognised that Joe lost more All-Irelands for Armagh due to bad management.  He had a great club team at Crossmaglen who didn't need much managing. 
Galway were poor and have been most of the season.  Surely there must be better managers in Galways and Big Joe can move home again and take over Cavan.

mountainboii

It has been widely recognised that there are a load of begrudging cnuts in Armagh that haven't a decent word to say about anyone.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Main Street on July 10, 2010, 04:35:01 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 10, 2010, 03:46:49 PM
Referee had a really good game up untill the 51st minute and then made a really bad decision which cost Galway dearly.
It was a mistake, an honest mistake. Galway had plenty of time to reassert their authority on the game, it was not as if Wexford had wind in their sails after that penalty. Galway were awful in the last 15 minutes, that's why they lost that game. Wexford had the luxury of having about 10 wayward attempts before scoring  the equaliser.

Every little decision has an impact on a game. This wasn't a little decision it was a big decision. I would hazard a guess and say that the same outcome would have occured because like I said the Galway team lack the mental strength in such scenario's. However 3 points were given to Wexford that shouldn't have been given. It's these decision's that make and break teams.

Clarin Pearl

I don't think mental strength is the issue. 3rd weekend in a row of making stupid mistakes all the way through the game, having to expend extra energy to cover it up. They were dead on their feet with 15 to go. this part is the managements fault.

Armaghgeddon

Mentality is definitely a problem, Galway in their last couple of championship games have missed out because of a single point.

Joe does have a point about teams being idle for 8 weeks and then having to play a game every weekend in the qualifiers. I do think that if Galway played Wexford next weekend they would have won.

For Galway it would have been

week 1: Sligo
week 2: Sligo replay
week 3: Wexford
week 4: another game
week 5: another game
week 6: another game

Too much to ask of any team, never mind Galway. The 5-8 week gap does have to be addressed.

bennydorano

Quote from: AFS on July 10, 2010, 06:22:11 PM
It has been widely recognised that there are a load of begrudging cnuts in Armagh that haven't a decent word to say about anyone.
Revisionism and selective memories are defo on the increase.  Paul Grimley is the messiah. :-X

millveiw

Quote from: AFS on July 10, 2010, 06:22:11 PM
lets face it big joe to busy reading about himself in papers, he has been found out big time,if