The Rooting for Leinster GAA Football Thread..

Started by Dinny Breen, July 02, 2010, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 30, 2012, 08:56:00 AM
They all count - whiny loser!

Of course they all count, but the top one is the one that really counts. Congrats to all the teams who competed on the weekend, ye are all on the way up weather ye won or lost. Ye will go into championship in good form.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 29, 2012, 10:40:15 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 29, 2012, 10:05:18 PM
Is the comeback complete?

Leinster now holds 4 of the 5 National Football Titles. The Natural Order has been restored.

They don't hold the one that counts. Unless you call winning a lower league title as part of the Natural order for your province.

Eh, was it all a dream and Dublin aren't the reigning All-Ireland Champions?
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Well done yesterday Dinny, winning those last two games will stand to ye later in the year.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on April 30, 2012, 11:19:47 AM
Well done yesterday Dinny, winning those last two games will stand to ye later in the year.

Cheers Heffo, it was a draw in Galway that felt like a win so I know what you mean.

I think most Dublin supporters appreciate the value of having a strong Kildare on their doorstep particularly with the shenanigans going on in Meath.

Not only Kildare and Dublin but apart from Meath and Offaly I think Leinster football is at it's strongest in a long time maybe ever.

#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 30, 2012, 11:29:41 AM
Quote from: heffo on April 30, 2012, 11:19:47 AM

Cheers Heffo, it was a draw in Galway that felt like a win so I know what you mean.

I think most Dublin supporters appreciate the value of having a strong Kildare on their doorstep particularly with the shenanigans going on in Meath.

Not only Kildare and Dublin but apart from Meath and Offaly I think Leinster football is at it's strongest in a long time maybe ever.

Yeah definitely, as I said before I'd like to see you win it this year assuming we don't!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dont Matter

^ Aint that sweet? The two moneybags of the GAA getting on great. Kindred spirits.
Maybe they should go on holidays together next year, with their combined resources they could have a month long trip to Tahiti. Get themselves a tan for the champo, Geezer and Gilroy can discuss 'expenses'.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 30, 2012, 12:18:28 PM
^ Aint that sweet? The two moneybags of the GAA getting on great. Kindred spirits.
Maybe they should go on holidays together next year, with their combined resources they could have a month long trip to Tahiti. Get themselves a tan for the champo, Geezer and Gilroy can discuss 'expenses'.

No shortage of money down your neck of the woods bringing in Micko or Kearns or paying for two players to play for their county.

Why the poor mouth now?

heffo

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 30, 2012, 10:56:00 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 29, 2012, 10:40:15 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 29, 2012, 10:05:18 PM
Is the comeback complete?

Leinster now holds 4 of the 5 National Football Titles. The Natural Order has been restored.

They don't hold the one that counts. Unless you call winning a lower league title as part of the Natural order for your province.

Eh, was it all a dream and Dublin aren't the reigning All-Ireland Champions?

Apologies, though that it was only about the League.  :-[

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on April 30, 2012, 12:27:36 PM

No shortage of money down your neck of the woods bringing in Micko or Kearns or paying for two players to play for their county.

Why the poor mouth now?

Keeping managers happy is no where near the level of Dublin, the Russian oil billionaires of the GAA world.
Those two players were never paid.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 30, 2012, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 30, 2012, 12:27:36 PM

Why the poor mouth now?
Those two players were never paid.

Yes they were, why would one of them leave a well paying gig in Dublin having announced his IC retirement, to suddenly return home and go back playing with Laois?

Dont Matter

Those rumours were proved to be false. They had their own thing going and got nothing more than anyone else.
You're just used to that sort of behaviour in dubalin and assume it must be happening elsewhere. The rest of us don't have nasty habits to fund.
Peter Quinn