The 'I was there' thread

Started by Doogie Browser, July 01, 2010, 09:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropped short

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 01, 2010, 12:30:52 PM
When they crucifed my Lord.......

Does any devoted Catholics on this forum think there will be a second coming?

Any day now.

Aghdavoyle

dropped short

I was there when TheMadMicky100 announced his arrival on this internet discussion forum.

downredblack

I was there when The Specials played Dublin on their 30th Anniversary tour . 

TheMadMicky100

Quote from: dropped short on July 01, 2010, 01:53:56 PM
I was there when TheMadMicky100 announced his arrival on this internet discussion forum.

Thank you droppped short you have witnessed an event that will take gaaboard.com by storm

Quote from: dropped short on July 01, 2010, 01:38:26 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 01, 2010, 12:30:52 PM
When they crucifed my Lord.......

Does any devoted Catholics on this forum think there will be a second coming?

Any day now.

I think he will to regain christianity throughout the world....and rememeber there are many lords named heros for the mans friend is as strong as their lord....

WIth his blessings

MM100
Hows she cuttin

ross4life

I was there Madison Square Garden Wrestlemania 20 2004 the moment both Friends reached the top

In 2005 Eddie Guerrero (guy on the Right) Died of acute heart failure & in 2007, Benoit killed his wife and son and subsequently hanged himself

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

longrunsthefox

I was there when the Pope John Paul came to Galway to adress the youth of Ireland in September 1979. Jees! there was some talent at it. Remember Bishop Casey and Fr Michael Cleary leading the singing. I'm not sure if their children were in the crowd.

ross4life

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 01, 2010, 06:51:05 PM
I was there when the Pope John Paul came to Galway to adress the youth of Ireland in September 1979. Jees! there was some talent at it. Remember Bishop Casey and Fr Michael Cleary leading the singing. I'm not sure if their children were in the crowd.

Some talent... don't you mean?

Was some load of babies named JP that year
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

A Quinn Martin Production

....Sunday May 28th (I think) 2000, Casement Park, Antrim end 18 year run without a Championship win in Ulster by beating Londondown.  Atrocious weather too.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 10:12:32 AM
Nohing anything particularly earth shattering, but I was there on Monday Night Football when the 49ers visited the Cardinals in Arizona. It was the night that Steve Young threw his last touchdown pass to Jerry Rice because Aneas Williams hammered him later in the game and he retired after it, it was about his 300th concussion or something.

So, I was there when Steve Young threw his last TD pass, and his last TD pass to Jerry Rice.

I think that was a game Lawrence Philips ran for a 60/70 yd TD, Lawrence is now enjoying prison food.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ross4life on July 01, 2010, 07:08:14 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 01, 2010, 06:51:05 PM

Some talent... don't you mean?

Was some load of babies named JP that year

They palyed 'The Rivers of Babylon' on the sound system repeteadly for about three hours before Paps arrived. All us Nordies were in the stand and Bishop Casey patronised the sh*te out of us. Another big cheer for the young people from the North!... foxache!  It was a momentous day all the same. Sad the way the Catholic Church has dragged us through the gutter since.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 01, 2010, 07:23:59 PM
....Sunday May 28th (I think) 2000, Casement Park, Antrim end 18 year run without a Championship win in Ulster by beating Londondown.  Atrocious weather too.
+1 ... and Croker 1989 when we bate Offaly and The Moon when the lads landed on it in 1969.

Kerry Mike

1978 AIF when the Bomber put 3 past Paddy Cullen and we started a long winning Streak against the Jackeens
1981 AIF when we won the 4 in a Row (we'll never see their like again)
1982 AIF when we were robbed of 5-in-a-Row
1986 AIF when we won the 3-in-a-Row agin Tyrone
1987/88 Winning County U21's with a young lad called Maurice Fitzgerald on the team
1997 Maurice's AI Final masterpiece
2001 Maurice Point v Dubin in Thurles
2007 AIF when we won 2-in-a Row (a massive achievement given the competive nature of football nowadays, backdoors and quarter finals and only for some fecking soft Tyrone goals we'd finally have the 5 (or 6) in a Row in the bag in that period.........(awaiting incoming scuds from Tyrone)

Too many other great days in Croke Park, Killarney and the like to mention

Collins v Eubank in Millstreet , great evening

World Cup 2002 in Japan / Korea great days and I dont even like soccer.

Munster's 4 H-Cup finals winning 2 of them the first one was some emotional day in Cardiff, what a journey.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 01, 2010, 09:36:14 PM
1978 AIF when the Bomber put 3 past Paddy Cullen and we started a long winning Streak against the Jackeens
1981 AIF when we won the 4 in a Row (we'll never see their like again)
1982 AIF when we were robbed of 5-in-a-Row
1986 AIF when we won the 3-in-a-Row agin Tyrone
1987/88 Winning County U21's with a young lad called Maurice Fitzgerald on the team
1997 Maurice's AI Final masterpiece
2001 Maurice Point v Dubin in Thurles
2007 AIF when we won 2-in-a Row (a massive achievement given the competive nature of football nowadays, backdoors and quarter finals and only for some fecking soft Tyrone goals we'd finally have the 5 (or 6) in a Row in the bag in that period.........(awaiting incoming scuds from Tyrone)

Too many other great days in Croke Park, Killarney and the like to mention

Collins v Eubank in Millstreet , great evening

World Cup 2002 in Japan / Korea great days and I dont even like soccer.
Munster's 4 H-Cup finals winning 2 of them the first one was some emotional day in Cardiff, what a journey.

Where you at that "002? Class. I would have gone to South Africa if Republic had qualifed. Might go to New Zealand next year for Rugby World Cup (if the man above spares me of course!).

Kerry Mike

Was at all 4 Irish games and then just travelled the length and breath of Japan in between, savage few weeks. Would like to go to NZ too for Rugby

Nearly forgot I was also at the Munster v All Black game in Thomond Park (but it was the 2008 Version)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football