Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DB_An_Mhi

Quote from: ross matt on July 16, 2010, 01:21:27 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 15, 2010, 11:34:06 PM
Despite 1996 I have never had much hostility towards Meath but it seems a lot of counties have it in for the Royals, even when they've done little wrong, as is the case here. Are Meath the Roscommon of Leinster?
Are Louth the Mayo of Leinster?.
Mayo folk are placid by comparison. Last Sunday I'd say Louth were more like the Turks of Europe. ;D

Declan

A lad I know was driving back from the match last Sunday when he was stopped at a Garda checkpoint. Garda strolls over to the window checks tax, insurance etc and obviously noticed the colours being worn by the family and asks him to open the boot please. When the driver asks him why in a worried tone the Garda smiled and said we're looking for a stolen Leinster Championship :D :D :D

Zapatista

Quote from: Declan on July 16, 2010, 07:59:39 AM
A lad I know was driving back from the match last Sunday when he was stopped at a Garda checkpoint. Garda strolls over to the window checks tax, insurance etc and obviously noticed the colours being worn by the family and asks him to open the boot please. When the driver asks him why in a worried tone the Garda smiled and said we're looking for a stolen Leinster Championship :D :D :D

This sort of banter is priceless :D

zoyler

Priceless banter in the Indo yesterday - what a laugh - Sludden was not good enough to ref one Div 1 game in the National League and had only refereeed one Ulster Championship game this year and hes given the Leinster Final - this really makes the GAA a laughing stock.

Hardy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Hardy - You called me a c**k in a previous thread, care to explain why? Did I cut a bit close to the bone or is just the thick ignorant Meath man trying to come out in you?

Ah you don’t seem a bad lad, really. But you were/are making a c**k of yourself and coming across as a bitter, twisted, envy-consumed obsessive with the tenor of your posts here. All juvenile cat-calling, nothing constructive or insightful to contribute. Like the Cavan equivalent of the Lithuanian farmer. You know – he’d rather his neighbour’s horse died than get a horse himself.

So much hate; so little to hate back.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 10:28:26 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Hardy - You called me a c**k in a previous thread, care to explain why? Did I cut a bit close to the bone or is just the thick ignorant Meath man trying to come out in you?

Ah you don't seem a bad lad, really. But you were/are making a c**k of yourself and coming across as a bitter, twisted, envy-consumed obsessive with the tenor of your posts here. All juvenile cat-calling, nothing constructive or insightful to contribute. Like the Cavan equivalent of the Lithuanian farmer. You know – he'd rather his neighbour's horse died than get a horse himself.

So much hate; so little to hate back.

hope there are no lithuanian farmers on the board
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

Quote from: zoyler on July 16, 2010, 10:27:24 AM
Priceless banter in the Indo yesterday - what a laugh - Sludden was not good enough to ref one Div 1 game in the National League and had only refereeed one Ulster Championship game this year and hes given the Leinster Final - this really makes the GAA a laughing stock.

If you are beat in the first round it is the same as being beat in the final. No championship game is any more important than another that's why they call it knockout.

zoyler

Why would he defend the indefenseble.  Zap appears to miss the point that such an inexperienced ref gets such a match

Zapatista

Quote from: zoyler on July 16, 2010, 11:56:48 AM
Why would he defend the indefenseble.  Zap appears to miss the point that such an inexperienced ref gets such a match

No, I get it.

zoyler

Just read the Harte article on line.  Not a fan of his but agree with every word.  Long term in regard to respect
Meath are the real loosers.

Hardy

I think you might have meant losers. When you can spell your opinions we'll start to heed them.                                                                                                   

zoyler

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: zoyler on July 16, 2010, 12:56:23 PM
Just read the Harte article on line.  Not a fan of his but agree with every word.  Long term in regard to respect
Meath are the real loosers.

Link?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

zoyler

t aint free to view I'm afraid - you need user name and pasword!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on July 15, 2010, 12:24:10 PM
Just by way of diversion - did anyone see a big (about 20 ft. by 10 ft.) red-and white chequered banner on Sunday, with the words "No surrender to the <something>". It was hung over the front of the premium level, section 530 - i.e. just on the canal side of halfway, during the presentation ceremony. We were sitting in the Premium level, towards the back as about five fellas went down to the front and unfurled it. The <something> word was the only bit we didn't see. I assumed it was probably something political and the look of the people involved lent to that impression.

I couldn't see it on the TV coverage. It should have been visible all over the stadium apart from The Hogan Stand. Anyone?
have to say Hardy that you now might know from these mad accusations and daftness on this thread, what a nationalist/republican in the north feels like or felt like a number of years ago !
same kind of 'defence' needed for accusations and 'attacks' for which there are no reasons or substance to !!