Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 13, 2010, 10:34:16 PM
It showed a good angle on the Sunday game of the view Sludden had of the incident. Though immnot sure how he gave the goal or decided to give a penalty either.
He probably doesn't know either to be fair
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Kerry Mike

When did we get an advantage rule in the GAA when the whistle is blown....
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Hound

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 10:37:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2010, 10:31:01 PM
So Sludden was employing an 'advantage' decision? Is that what he's stating?
So it seems but Jaysus, it was never a penalty and he allowed the advantage of "an illegal goal".
That is seriously poor refereeing.

He has made a bigger cnut of himself with that report.
That sums it up perfectly

AN other

I don't know why meath county board needed a bloody referees report at all. He obviously didn't get the call right whatever his report was going to say.

All they did was protract the whole situation. Why couldn't they have consulted the players alot earlier and just made a decision to either offer a replay or not offer a replay? Instead of whinging about being put under pressure they should just have put an end to the matter a long time ago.

full moon

Disgusting morality displayed once again from Meath GAA circles.

They are a scorn on fair play and this once great sport. As I said all about power, the Meath big men have it and like to abuse and bully smaller counties.

Sad day for the GAA.

muppet

Seriously lads did anyone expect Sludden to be able to shed some light on the issue?
MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Funny in the most similar incident I can remember, Paddy McKeever's "goal" against Dublin in the 2002 AI semi final, the ref did pretty much the same thing - signalled for a penalty then gave a goal after McKeever had bundled the ball over the line without kicking it. Obviously it was less of a crucial score since Dublin cancelled out the goal immediately after.

Very very poor refereeing from Sludden it seems. I had sympathy for him but the golden rule is that once you give a decision that's it. If he blew the whistle for a penalty, he had to give the penalty.

So what about replaying the injury time starting with a Meath penalty?!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

zoyler

1)  Sludden tries to defend the undefensible and makes a bad situation worse
2) Meath Co. Board show that they have no concept of fairplay or sportsmanship.
3) in 40 years time when yet again trouble erupts on the field during a Louth Meath game we will all know the reason why

Jinxy

I look forward to next weekends action where there will almost certainly be no dubious scores, no dodgy sending-offs, no playing for frees and honour and fair play for all given that we won't be playing.
Plenty of room around Clones and Croke Park to tie up those high horses.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kerry Mike

QuoteSo what about replaying the injury time starting with a Meath penalty?!

Time was up already !
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Jinxy on July 13, 2010, 10:49:16 PM
I look forward to next weekends action where there will almost certainly be no dubious scores, no dodgy sending-offs, no playing for frees and honour and fair play for all given that we won't be playing.
Glad I'm not on any horse, never mind a high one. 
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Kerry Mike

QuoteI look forward to next weekends action where there will almost certainly be no dubious scores, no dodgy sending-offs, no playing for frees and honour and fair play for all given that we won't be playing.

The CCCC  have tonight suspended Jimmy Deenihan for 3 months and 2 games for clattering Jimmy Barry Murphy in the 1976 Munster final.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 13, 2010, 10:49:54 PM

Time was up already !

A good bit of time was wasted by JP Rooney kicking the ball away twice and getting booked for it. Also the additional time is given out as "At least x minutes of additional time", the referee can play more for further stoppages.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 09:02:52 PM
Funny reading through....

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2010, 02:59:45 PM
Awful decison, never a free against Crawford and he gets a yellow card  :o

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 11, 2010, 03:04:46 PM
Sludden is a blight on the GAA. Tyrone should be ashamed to be nominating him as an intercounty referee.
He's doing his absolute best for Louth

Quote from: joemamas on July 11, 2010, 03:17:00 PM
i am no major meath fan, but the ref is giving them a royal you know what

Then..........boom!

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 11, 2010, 03:33:27 PM
That was never a legal goal surely. Sheridan threw it into the net.

Might be funny reading surely, but the thing is, Meath had time on their side to get back on terms. Louth didn't.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mac2

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 13, 2010, 10:52:51 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 13, 2010, 10:49:54 PM

Time was up already !

A good bit of time was wasted by JP Rooney kicking the ball away twice and getting booked for it. Also the additional time is given out as "At least x minutes of additional time", the referee can play more for further stoppages.
Clock is going to be trialed in next year's league and not before time no pun etc..