Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Quote from: Hound on July 13, 2010, 06:49:09 PM
Was the ball kicked out after the "goal"? Or did the final whistle go before the kick out?

It would appear that whistle was blown as soon as Gally kicked out the ball, clock at just under 75 minutes, Cen Fath??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Carbery

Louth not holding their breath for Leinster final replay
Louth selector Martin McQuillan insists that Louth are not holding their breath hoping that the Leinster final will be replayed.
Meath's controversial winner has led many to call for a replay as Joe Sheridan's illegitimate goal robbed Louth of their first Leinster title for 53 years.

After the match, a despondent MqQuillan said: "Chances of a replay are all pie in the sky. I personally couldn't take it. You have to take it on the chin and move on."

The Armagh man also spoke of the heartache in the dressing room.

"There's some lads that are speechless there, but we are going to have to lift them for the qualifiers in a fortnights time.
"That's going to be a difficult job to do. But it has to be done. We have to move on."

Dundalk Democrat

Farrandeelin

Quote from: meathie on July 13, 2010, 12:04:15 PM
from what I gather there still has not been a decision made by Meath Co Board yet, just that the players gave their opinion on it, which I presumed would be as was. theyre meetin tonight to decide? When you have the likes of Kenny spoofing on the radio it does not help matters at all.
Just to point out, regardless of any of this, I cannot stand these people who are coming on radio stations left right and centre and these Louth fans with their 'cheats' comments etc who are people that wouldnt bother their h**les turning up to a league game, first round game or even follow GAA remotely except this one bloody day. and suddenly they know everything about rules and fair play etc. drives me nuts. Ill have a decent converstaion with any decent real fan, but I have no time for these one timers who suddenly know it all.  >:(

Agree with you. There was a letter into the Indo today from a Louth 'fan' who never set foot in Croke Park before! :o
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

God I hope this complete farcical situation will f**king die soon. I don't give a f**k what the outcome is in regards replay or if they throw the f**king trophy in the bin, but the lunatics and scumbags on this board and elsewhere have really let themselves , the games and the country down.

I cant believe some of the nonsense I've read on here. People advocating the beating up of referees, players being labelled as cheats and thugs.

We've heard stories of players being hit, stewards hit by bottles, supporters being attacked outside Croke Park after the game as well. This whole shameful episode has ruined the GAA in my eyes. From the top, right down to the supporters. The game has been disgraced on nearly every level. I wonder will I ever sit in Croke Park or any GAA ground again, right now I dont think so.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

pkerin

I don't care anymore. I'm done with this. Lets get ready for the next game. Maybe with a little luck we will meet Meath in the All Ireland and exact our revenge on the loosers that they have turned out to be. What would be sweeter than kicking their asses around HQ with the whole country roaring us on.

Mac2

Quote from: thejuice on July 13, 2010, 07:22:05 PM
God I hope this complete farcical situation will f**king die soon. I don't give a f**k what the outcome is in regards replay or if they throw the f**king trophy in the bin, but the lunatics and scumbags on this board and elsewhere have really let themselves , the games and the country down.

I cant believe some of the nonsense I've read on here. People advocating the beating up of referees, players being labelled as cheats and thugs.

We've heard stories of players being hit, stewards hit by bottles, supporters being attacked outside Croke Park after the game as well. This whole shameful episode has ruined the GAA in my eyes. From the top, right down to the supporters. The game has been disgraced on nearly every level. I wonder will I ever sit in Croke Park or any GAA ground again, right now I dont think so.
Fair enough but do you not think you're going a bit OTT yourself by letting other people's hysteria get to you?

Hound

A very small minority

QuoteWe've heard stories of players being hit, stewards hit by bottles, supporters being attacked outside Croke Park after the game as well.
"Stories" being the important word. A steward was hit by a bottle and a player was hit by a fan. Both disgraceful. Almost everything else has been comletely fabricated, and it does nobody any good repeating such rubbish. That's how you get people believing the rubbish about Sean Boylan being assaulted, despite Sean announcing on national radio that it was nonsense.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Mac2 on July 13, 2010, 07:27:06 PM

Fair enough but do you not think you're going a bit OTT yourself by letting other people's hysteria get to you?

Chin up Juice, you've carried yourself with great dignity in all your posts to date. At one point I couldn't believe the absolute shite being spouted on this thread from the numbnuts, WUMs and those that should know better. As Hound has said there is a lot of it that doesn't have substance. Even the thoughts of bringing my son to an underage game in Meath pains me at the moment, but in time....
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mylestheslasher

The Meath players have voted against having a replay even though they know they received the win due to a huge and unbelievable error by the ref. The victory is hollow and worthless. You would think they would relish the chance to go back and win it fair and square and be remembered for being sporting men. What will they be remembered as now - cheats? What does this say about the Meath football team? - To me it says they are willing to do anything to get their medals and that fairness, right and wrong and the sporting values of the GAA are less important than Meath winning this cup. If this is the way Meath will treat Louth then I hope they get whats coming to them in their next match.

pkerin

And I have had enough of Louth's dumb crest. A big pile of concrete and half the dam thing is Meath. Can we please get rid of it. There is so much to Louth beside a dumb new bridge that can only transport you to County Cheath.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pkerin on July 13, 2010, 08:01:01 PM
And I have had enough of Louth's dumb crest. A big pile of concrete and half the dam thing is Meath. Can we please get rid of it. There is so much to Louth beside a dumb new bridge that can only transport you to County Cheath.

Surely ye should have Setanta on it as he was from Cooley.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

demusicman

We've heard stories of players being hit, stewards hit by bottles, supporters being attacked outside Croke Park after the game as well.

"Stories" being the important word. A steward was hit by a bottle and a player was hit by a fan. Both disgraceful. Almost everything else has been comletely fabricated, and it does nobody any good repeating such rubbish. That's how you get people believing the rubbish about Sean Boylan being assaulted, despite Sean announcing on national radio that it was nonsense

The above are facts no matter what he says. Its just the gentleman he is. May I suggest check it out.

From the Bunker

Ian O'Doherty from todays Irish Independent

It's the spirit of the Gael...

One of the things that separates True Gaels from us Dublin-based, city-slicking West Brits is, of course, adherence to Gaelic football.

Indeed, the moral superiority displayed by the GAA-loving, troglodyte turf munchers is how the practitioners and fans of their code are more in tune with old concepts like honour and being a man, while fans of proper football are dismissed as just a bunch of degenerate knackers.

That attitude was best displayed two weeks ago by Antrim coach, Liam Bradley, when he condemned some opposition supporters and said witheringly: "A lot of my players took a lot of flak from supporters. You would have thought it was more of a soccer match than a Gaelic match."

So it was truly, undeniably hilarious to watch the scenes of untrammelled muck savagery in Croker on Sunday.

Fans attacking the ref; police protecting the ref; stewards getting bottled over the head; general carnage and good, old fashioned thuggery were the order of the day.

Yup, they truly do hold the moral high ground, for sure.

Although, in fairness, that melee was a hell of a lot more interesting than the complete dog of a World Cup final which followed ...

fearglasmor

Please dont reproduce anything written by that individual on here.