Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2010, 12:21:46 AM
So what did the Meath GAA decide at that meeting they had tonight?

undecided. In other words it ain't going to happen.

Zapatista

Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2010, 12:21:46 AM
So what did the Meath GAA decide at that meeting they had tonight?

To ask the Umpire what they should do ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: Zapatista on July 13, 2010, 12:19:33 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 13, 2010, 12:18:24 AM
Slight difference in terms of success between Tipp and Louth though in recent times.....

This is just my point. This is more about poor wee Louth than it is about justice. It's nobodys fault Louth haven't been good enough over the last 50 years but their own.
They might not have been good enough to win in the last 50 years, but they were good enough on Sunday....and thats whats the most sickening thing for them i'd say.

Zapatista

Quote from: ballinaman on July 13, 2010, 12:22:51 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on July 13, 2010, 12:19:33 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 13, 2010, 12:18:24 AM
Slight difference in terms of success between Tipp and Louth though in recent times.....

This is just my point. This is more about poor wee Louth than it is about justice. It's nobodys fault Louth haven't been good enough over the last 50 years but their own.
Course they haven't been good enough to win in the last 50 years, but they were good enough on Sunday....and thats whats the most sickening thing for them i'd say.

Being pissed off more doesn't entitle them to a replay though.

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2010, 12:01:34 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 12, 2010, 11:55:37 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2010, 11:38:46 PM
Hardstation echoes my sentiments. They were the victim of an referee's mistake and his subsequent ignorance. Crap happens in sport, because that's what it is.

You have been fortunate O Neill to see your county enjoy considerable success in recent years. I think it's too easy for people from successful counties to tell the small people to 'get over it' or 'dry your eyes'. A win yesterday would probably be the pinnacle of louth sucess for another 50 years. It was a once in a lifetime event. Funny too how crap happens to the small fry in the GAA. Remember 95 and how, what many considered was a legit Tyrone point, was disallowed. How did you feel then? I know Art McCrory suspected a fast one had been pulled and he was right of course.

Did Tyrone fans physically abuse Russell and knock out a steward?

No. Not that I was suggesting that they did. But how did you feel at the time and how would you have felt if somebody told you it was only a game?

Because the ref was subjected to assault after the match by a number of fans is a different matter to the Louth team being shafted. The second wrong does not cancel out the first wrong.

ballinaman

True, it doesn't,....a replay is a no win situation for both Meath and Louth in my opinion. The 2010 Leinster championship is tainted now no matter what happens.

INDIANA

Quote from: ballinaman on July 13, 2010, 12:27:59 AM
True, it doesn't,....a replay is a no win situation for both Meath and Louth in my opinion. The 2010 Leinster championship is tainted now no matter what happens.

Brings in a real case for video refs in my view. Players train too hard for this

moysider

Quote from: Zapatista on July 13, 2010, 12:13:25 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 13, 2010, 12:11:06 AM

Are you suggesting hardstation that the Louth players and manager, knowing they had been done by a poor decision, should just have accepted it? And maybe hung around and stoically accepted it all and applauded while Meath was prevented with the cup? Are you for real? Have you no concept of the type of people that play and manage at this level? If they weren't competitive then they would have been gone by early teens.Why should the little teams have to put up with that type of injustice?  The manager and players showed considerable restraint under the circumstances and actually sent a few fans packing themselves. The fans actions are a diferent matter. I could see the same happeneing no matter what county was involved. Just happened to be Louth.

Tipp did in the AIF last year.

Eh?

ballinaman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 13, 2010, 12:29:00 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 13, 2010, 12:27:59 AM

Brings in a real case for video refs in my view. Players train too hard for this
Fact. Those Meath lads have Leinster medals that aren't worth a shite in many peoples eyes in Meath and the rest of Ireland and Louth have nothing.

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 12:14:19 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 13, 2010, 12:11:06 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2010, 11:57:28 PM
BTW, I believe Sludden was right to stay and book players who verbally abused him. He made a decision which he felt was correct. We were able to see replays etc and know he was wrong. That doesn't open the door for players to call him all the c***ts of the day.

It happens all the time, refs making decisions, players giving him abuse and getting booked.

Are you suggesting hardstation that the Louth players and manager, knowing they had been done by a poor decision, should just have accepted it? And maybe hung around and stoically accepted it all and applauded while Meath was prevented with the cup? Are you for real? Have you no concept of the type of people that play and manage at this level? If they weren't competitive then they would have been gone by early teens.Why should the little teams have to put up with that type of injustice?  The manager and players showed considerable restraint under the circumstances and actually sent a few fans packing themselves. The fans actions are a diferent matter. I could see the same happeneing no matter what county was involved. Just happened to be Louth.
The decision was made. The game was over. What did they expect Sludden to do? There are ways and means of dealing with injustices. They picked the wrong one. Had they left it and fought it in the boardrooms, I'd have supported them. They lost my respect with their scummy actions and I hope Meath tell them to go and fcuk.

Actually there isn't as the GAA pointed out today when they got Sludden' report. Even though he admitted there was an error. You cant fight it in the boardrooms. You just have to take your shafting when your re one of the less important counties. You obviously respect the meek hardstation.

SLIGONIAN

Everyone should click on TAKE YOUR POINT and listen from 17.00 to 21.00 mins Louths Frank Burke who played in 1957 Leinster final thoughts.

Just listen to it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

INDIANA

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2010, 12:38:30 AM
In what sport is individual decision error (not stopped watch etc) = replayed afterwards?

Laois v Carlow

Throw ball

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 13, 2010, 12:37:03 AM
Everyone should click on TAKE YOUR POINT and listen from 17.00 to 21.00 mins Louths Frank Burke who played in 1957 Leinster final thoughts.

Just listen to it.

Heard it while driving home from Armagh match in Enniskillen. Didn't know if I should laugh or cry. That man had some passion!

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on July 13, 2010, 12:41:03 AM
Also, has nobody questioned the 2 Louth backs who made a complete balls of it?

So what?  That s the game. Another made a heroic block. Thats the game as well. It s like saying a team that kicked a good few wides deserve to lose even though a bent ref shafted them. We ve been there and it is still being peddled. Under no circumstances should a game be decided by the whim of an official.

pkerin

OK I'm back home. Let me know if this works. I think its pretty funny.