Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Peter Fitzpatrick the louth manager claimed on an interview there that the ref went in and did not consult with his umpire but instead just told him to wave his green flag. Says he talked to him in the dressing room after the match and could get no sense out of him!

Tony Baloney

A real crying shame for Louth. A disgraceful outcome on any day if the year, but especially harsh on a county aiming for championship glory for the first time in over half a century. The GAA needs to come out and show that it is an association for the minnows too as I can't help thinking if the same fate befell Tyrone, Dublin or Cork, solicitors would be on standby and HQ would deal with it differently from little Louth.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:48:19 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 04:45:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVFN0Q3su0 time to watch it again

It's very clear the ref give the goal  - he was writing it down and ran in to tell the umpires it was a goal.
Didnt even discuss it with the umpire

Peter Fitzpatrick just confirmed that, Sludden told the umpires it was a goal, no consultation, unbelieveable, he also demands the CCCC take action.
#newbridgeornowhere

whitey

If the ref wasnt so busy flashing yellows after the full time whistle he might have gotten out of dodge before the fireworks. 

full moon

That Louth manager is a legend in GAA. Miracle worker. What I would give to have that man in Cavan rebuilding the mess.

Anyway he just said the referee told the umpire in front of the players to raise the flag and forget what he say.

And people say money and power plays no part in GAA?

This referee has given Meath the match. Should be in prison on accounts of fraud.

Donnellys Hollow

Big Joe is over the line with the ball there and the umpire is looking straight at him. GUBU!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maguire01

Absolutely disgraceful decision. Was devastated at the end, so I can't imagine how Louth people feel. If Meath hold on to the title, it's horribly tainted - i'd rather not have a title like that at all.

Having said that, those Louth fans were equally if not more disgraceful. They've really let their county down and given the GAA an opportunity to deflect some of the heat.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 11, 2010, 04:55:11 PM

Big Joe is over the line with the ball there and the umpire is looking straight at him. GUBU!

No goal, both cheeks of his arse have to be over the line - he has another yard to go.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:48:19 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 04:45:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVFN0Q3su0 time to watch it again

It's very clear the ref give the goal  - he was writing it down and ran in to tell the umpires it was a goal.
Didnt even discuss it with the umpire

Yes, that is clear looking at it again - he ran in and told the umpire to raise the flag, terrible officiating. The end of Sludden's inter county career you'd have to suspect...
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

magpie seanie

I hope this scandal will for once and for all make the GAA address the joke that is the refereeing of football and the idiots that oversee it. What consequences face a ref who blatantly rob a team? No sanction. The guys who shoved him about will probably get 48 weeks if they are identified. At least I can understand why they did what they did (not justifying it) but a blind man on a galloping horse could have sen Sheridan's goal was illegal.

ross4life

what is the umpire thinking at this moment??
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Those Louth fans who approached the ref at the end are a disgrace to their county.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 11, 2010, 04:35:54 PM
Those men who attacked the ref i can understand why they did it, none of them hit him, it was few shoves here and there. Those men were all in there 50s grown men not thugs. The pain of all those yrs and to be robbed like that.

NO ONE CAN TELL ME THE UMPIRE AND REF DIDNT SEE WHAT HAPPENED, They knew fine well it was no goal. How are ye even questioning there eye sight, it has to be the most clear cut cheating by officiials i have ever seen.. I dont blame meath but I wouldnt want win any title that way.

I hope the Rossie lads copy and paste this into word so they have it on record  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

full moon

Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 04:59:28 PM

what is the umpire thinking at this moment??

How long does it take for the post to come from Navan....