Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Halfquarter

mckieran

QuoteWas a square ball for initial ball in, wasn't even looking at Sheridan, the lad who caught the ball wasn't in the square.

The square ball was agaiinst Sheridan. With the initisl ball in, he was in the square and essentially took the goalie out of it by being in the square. Clear square ball; No question about it.

Not too sure about O'Rourkes comment that Meath are innocent bystanders!

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 11:13:32 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2010, 10:41:37 PM
Some clown on ResDubs reckons Joe Sheridan should be banned for life!  :D
They're all coming out of the woodwork.

Jinxy how can you celebrate that. I'd have refused to get the cup if I was Crawford. I wonder would Flynn, O Rourke and Co would have done. There is no celebration in that. Sheridan ought to be ashamed of himself. Have the balls to say you threw it in.

Celebrate what?
I hope the county board meet tomorrow and offer Louth a replay.
I'm just amused at some of the hysterical reactions.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mckieran

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 11:19:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 11:14:44 PM
O Rourke fudging the issue. what a pratt

At least he said it was no penalty and that it was a square ball.

Can't see anyone for all the smudge from Mr O'Rourke!

Done his best to defer all the sh*te to Louth.

And the token Jesture of MOTM goes to McAuley.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2010, 11:27:32 PM

Jinxy how can you celebrate that. I'd have refused to get the cup if I was Crawford. I wonder would Flynn, O Rourke and Co would have done. There is no celebration in that. Sheridan ought to be ashamed of himself. Have the balls to say you threw it in.

Celebrate what?

Meath County Board have announced that they will meet tomorrow.

Shouldn't be up to them to offer a replay though.

Something similar happened years ago when Kerry were awarded a goal that was clearly wide (side-netting). I think they were a point up at the time though. The Kerry County Board didn't offer Tipperary a replay that time.
MWWSI 2017

Zapatista

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 11:25:42 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on July 11, 2010, 11:24:30 PM
Can't see the Sunday game at the mo. Who was the square ball against?

Sheridan, not the guy who caught the initial ball.

I can't see it. From watching this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxq6SofU_38 (poor as it is).

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2010, 10:47:53 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 09:35:58 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 09:22:29 PM

You said the above in the context of the cup being awarded to Louth after the fact. You dont' care about reasons, just give them the cup then & see the consequences further down the line when other contentious situations arise.

Can you not just make your own point without trying to put words in my mouth?

If Meath win based on that goal then the game has no integrity. Is it so difficult for you that that is my opinion?

Exactly how I am trying to put words in your mouth? I asked you what should happen now, should the cup be given to Louth, you said yes. So where's the mechanism for doing this or are you just content to keep moralising about integrity.

The referee's report decides everything, he can amend it to say that he incorrectly awarded a goal and Louth should be deemed winners, simple as that

Rule 6.41, Official Guide - Award/Facts of Game

The Award of a Game rests with the Committee or Council-in-Charge acting on the Referee's Report.

Rule 7.3(aa)(1)(vi)

A Referee's Report, including any Clarification thereto, shall be presumed to be correct in all factual matters and may only be rebutted where unedited video or other compelling evidence contradicts it.

Quite clear and correct Dinny despite what that uber gobshite McStay is currently saying. LOUTH SHOULD BE AWARDED THIS GAME. Time for the CCCC to man up and do the right thing.

Zulu

I don't think that was near the end of the game though. It does however just highlight how long and how costly these things have been going on, yet we still get Jimmy 'the ref's' best mates as officials at some of the most important sporting occasions held in Ireland.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 11:30:42 PM

Celebrate what?

Something similar happened years ago when Kerry were awarded a goal that was clearly wide (side-netting). I think they were a point up at the time though. The Kerry County Board didn't offer Tipperary a replay that time.

That wasn't Kerry. That was Cork. They weren't doing half the bitching about Frank Murphy then.  >:(

comethekingdom

Replay my arse !! - Meath need to fire that cup up to Dundalk in the morning - end of story!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 11:30:42 PM

Celebrate what?

all ireland minor semi of 2000, Cork bate derry by a point, cork lad booked twice and stayed on, instrumental (think it was ciaran murphy), croke park told cork to offer a replay.  Frank Murphy decided it'd be better not to, result stood.

Jinxy

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 11, 2010, 11:35:34 PM
Replay my arse !! - Meath need to fire that cup up to Dundalk in the morning - end of story!!

Not so fast.
I've a few issues with some of the handy frees Louth were awarded.
If you were any use you'd be playing.