Kilkenny vs Galway

Started by seafoid, June 29, 2010, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

There should be loads of goals at least .

orangeman

Not sure that the'll be that many goals in this one or not - defences should be well tightened and packed.

KK should be short with the bookies -  Galway to spring a surprise ?.

Ash Smoker

Galway will benefit from the Leinster championship games thye've had.
The Cats will put them away in the last 20 minutes though.

bottlethrower7

similar to last year I'd imagine. Galway to be much improved on their Offaly performances. Kilkenny to be slow and sluggish at the start, but to get into gear before too long. Galway could pull off a shock but really, if they were to win, thats exactly what it'd be - a shock.

The is arguably the toughest Leinster final challenge facing Kilkenny in a long time. It should tell us a lot about where they are, and what their prospects for the rest of 2010 are. If they win this, particularly if Galway really put it up to them, they'll have really gotten some momentum built up for the rest of the season and will be mighty hard to stop. If not, I for one wouldnt be so sure of ultimate glory.

The last time the sides met Galway won. Yes it was league and doesn't really mean a whole lot come July. I have a feeling though that it'll be to the forefront of Kilkenny minds as they enter this game on sunday.

johnneycool

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 02, 2010, 09:28:19 AM
similar to last year I'd imagine. Galway to be much improved on their Offaly performances. Kilkenny to be slow and sluggish at the start, but to get into gear before too long. Galway could pull off a shock but really, if they were to win, thats exactly what it'd be - a shock.

The is arguably the toughest Leinster final challenge facing Kilkenny in a long time. It should tell us a lot about where they are, and what their prospects for the rest of 2010 are. If they win this, particularly if Galway really put it up to them, they'll have really gotten some momentum built up for the rest of the season and will be mighty hard to stop. If not, I for one wouldnt be so sure of ultimate glory.

The last time the sides met Galway won. Yes it was league and doesn't really mean a whole lot come July. I have a feeling though that it'll be to the forefront of Kilkenny minds as they enter this game on sunday.

The expectations in the West have been dampened a bit by the teams sluggish enough performances against Wexford and Offaly, thats not meant to be a slight on either as they're both better than they're given credit for, however big things are expected of Galway at the start of the year, not so much so now but in a way i think that'll work it their favour. They can go out and give Kilkenny a right good lash and so what if they get beat, it won't be the end of the world.  Galway have a few chinks in their defensive armour and I'm putting that down to team play rather than any individual or individuals. Mcintyre could do worse than watch how Kilkenny will protect what is supposed to be a slowish Kilkenny fullback line who are very seldom exposed. At the same time he needs to work on exposing it. I'd like to see teams work the Kilkenny defense a bit with low quick balls into the spaces as they gobble up high ball for breakfast but that's easier said than done.

I still think Galway will come up short again but Kilkenny will have faced a stern enough test.

orangeman

KK playing an illegal helmet !!

Throw them out !

Milltown Row2

8.41 minutes beore KK scored!! must be a record
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

orangeman

KK very impressive in 2nd half so far. They're really turning the screw.

Milltown Row2

Joes been dung today, it can happen, balls just seem to by pass him he's been moved twice and has not really ad too many shots
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mckieran

Poor poor display from Galway. Canning couldnt seem to get into it at all. Ger Farragher had his worst game in a long time, A total nightmare for him. On the plus side, I thought Tony Og Regan did well at No.6

mouview

All the backs did well as witnessed by Brennan, COmerford, ?? being taken off, Larkin struggling to score etc. From no. 8 onwards Galway were wicked; who would think Farr could be as poor? Half-forward line dreadful - I said it here time and again, Lynch and Donnellan are not county standard - neither are Harte, Aongus Callinan; Tannion needs full fitness. McIntyre has done good work with Galway but seems to be in thrall to the Portumna work ethic which doesn't necessarily suit Galway where touch and skill and also needed at inter-county level.

A real shame about today as I felt KK were really there for the taking at half-time; they may say they only played in second gear but the day will come when they may need to move up a gear and not find it. However Galway have enough of their own problems to rectify.

Reillers

KK were there for the taking there half way through, Galway were very poor. Seem to produce all that hype but never live up to it.

cicfada

you are right about the game. Kilkenny were poor enough  but didn't have to be excellent  to beat Galway  today! Galway were flat and Burke's absence was felt in midfield as Farragher had no help in Cullinane who was just back from injury! Joe had 2 men on  him courtesy of  having moved Hayes out to midfield! Hard to know where Galway go from here, I can't think of many men to come in but then again they shouldn't panic either! Cork didn't after having lost to galway in the League final and look what hapened them!!  As regards the hype about Galway, it's not anyone from Galway doing the hyping I can tell you! What we in Galway always have known about this team is that they don't have a half forward line but then again apart from the cats who does?? Still though they are still in it, one thing for sure, Joe owes a big performance! Maybe the trip to Carlton House will work the oracle, who knows?

fearglasmor

There for the taking.....give us a break.

A farce of a goal put a gloss on Galways score and Kilkenny had 15 or 16 wides.

Even then being there for the taking at half time is a nonsense notion. Where were they at the finish.