All Star for Cluxton 2010

Started by Kerry Mike, June 28, 2010, 09:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Anybody know where Tankie is these days? Haven't seen him around in a while.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: heffo on June 30, 2010, 10:49:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2010, 09:09:26 PM
Quote from: Coddler on June 30, 2010, 04:30:06 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 30, 2010, 12:51:52 AM
why are Dubliners so good at selling drugs but so shit at playing football ?

Why are the kerrymen so good at poking their sisters and yet so shit at hurling?  ;)

Dublin has the highest rates of incest in the country, so maybe your throwing a stone in a greenhouse there.

Source?

I will try and find it, but I was reading the Irish Indo and the Irish Times at that time, so probably there.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Declan

QuoteI watched it again
Jaysus Hound those masochistic tendencies are strong ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on June 30, 2010, 04:50:09 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on June 30, 2010, 11:09:53 AM
Was the '78 All-Ireland final, the last time Dublin left in 5 goals?

No, that was the last time Dublin let in 5 goals.

Left is perfect in the context of that sentence Muppet, as 'left' is part of the vernacular in Kerry where most people would say 'let'.

e.g. They left him in to the nightclub

Others include 'carried' instead of 'brought', as in 'I carried my car to the garage'.

Another is 'A chairde gael, ta an athas orm' whereas most of us would say 'Ah shite, not again'.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 10:41:51 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 30, 2010, 04:50:09 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on June 30, 2010, 11:09:53 AM
Was the '78 All-Ireland final, the last time Dublin left in 5 goals?

No, that was the last time Dublin let in 5 goals.

Left is perfect in the context of that sentence Muppet, as 'left' is part of the vernacular in Kerry where most people would say 'let'.

e.g. They left him in to the nightclub

Others include 'carried' instead of 'brought', as in 'I carried my car to the garage'.

Another is 'A chairde gael, ta an athas orm' whereas most of us would say 'Ah shite, not again'.
cannot agree AZ
it's just bad usage of the english language

its more like 'boglish' !

anyow - how did a dig at Cluxton end up about incest, drug selling and english words originating from greek lingo !!
:D

AZOffaly

It's definitely bad use, but it's not a typo :)

lynchbhoy

Kerry Mike

QuoteAnother is 'A chairde gael, ta an athas orm' whereas most of us would say 'Ah shite, not again'.

ah now AZ yerra its only July , Sept is a long way away yet.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Aaron Boone

Interesting at this stage as to who could be All-Star keeper: Kerry's is new, Tyrone's could swap, Meath's was sent off, Monaghan's was the full-back.

That leaves us with Cork's if they make the semi+.

Kerry Mike

wont be Kerry's Kealy too many mistakes but the year is young  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Frank Casey

On the basis that Dublin will win feck all this year I'd have to go with Cluxton again, same as his previous ones.
KERRY 3:7

Celt_Man

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 01, 2010, 09:37:27 PM
Interesting at this stage as to who could be All-Star keeper: Kerry's is new, Tyrone's could swap, Meath's was sent off, Monaghan's was the full-back.

oh fook, if those farney boys go on any sort of a run, they could give him the All-Star for the sheer oddity of it...  Tyrone better do the needful so....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

liihb

In my opinion Cluxton's not even the best goalie in Dublin, Shane Supple who came home from Ipswich is putting his time in at club level, and if they don't look at him next year it'll be a travesty. Pure class, and none of the space cadet antics that Cluxton gets up to
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Mike Sheehy

Wait for it, Dublin will win a few games via the back door and suddenly there will be an orchestrated D4 media campaign to get clucko his allstar. In fact they'll probably be looking for an all-strar for whelo or Ryano even though they are not playing. Its a disgrace really...these token all-stars just to keep the Dub's happy.

Jinxy

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 01, 2010, 09:37:27 PM

And replaced by a better keeper.
If you were any use you'd be playing.