4 (13.8%)
Centre of Excellence for each County
9 (31%)
Bring in Ringers from Kerry
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on June 28, 2010, 02:16:00 PM
Its sad to see the sorry state of Connacht football once more. We are at an all time low. When you have a team of the caliber of Sligo rising to the top its the sure sign of a sinking ship. Its rare to see both Mayo and Galway perform poorly in the same year but it is the crossroads we are are it. The Connacht council need to pour some funds into the future development of both Galway and Mayo, we cant have the situation where a team of Sligo's standard represents the province. Here is hoping for a Galway victory in the Replay.

I find this sort of thing very tiresome.

Mayo's performance is Mayo's problem. Looking for help from the Connacht Council is like Ross4life blaming geography, population and everyone else for Roscommon's performances. If Sligo win Connacht, and I hope they do, they will have done it the hard way and will thoroughly deserve it. It will also be good for the game in the province and good for the game in general.

So less of the poor mouth please and more of the 'we will be back sooner rather than later'.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2010, 06:04:59 PM
Its sad to see the sorry state of Connacht football once more. We are at an all time low. When you have a team of the caliber of Sligo rising to the top its the sure sign of a sinking ship. Its rare to see both Mayo and Galway perform poorly in the same year but it is the crossroads we are are it. The Connacht council need to pour some funds into the future development of both Galway and Mayo, we cant have the situation where a team of Sligo's standard represents the province. Here is hoping for a Galway victory in the Replay.

Mayo's performance is Mayo's problem. Looking for help from the Connacht Council is like Ross4life blaming geography, population and everyone else for Roscommon's performances. If Sligo win Connacht, and I hope they do, they will have done it the hard way and will thoroughly deserve it. It will also be good for the game in the province and good for the game in general.

So less of the poor mouth please and more of the 'we will be back sooner rather than later'.

Ross4life blaming geography, population and everyone else for Roscommon's performances nope you picked me up wrong us losing to two mediocre teams by 17/20 points you don't need excuses other than your shit* & at least you picked up one of my point's good for the game in the province and good for the game in general  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2010, 06:04:59 PM

Bang on. muppet. Mayo are out of the championships because they weren't good enough to get past Sligo. I also hope Sligo win out in Connacht but if either Galway or Roscommon beat them, I'll have no problem as long as they get beaten on merit.
Having Galway and Mayo meeting year after year has done nothing much for the state of football west of the Shannon. I think if we had a more competitive set up in the province it would be good for all the counties concerned.
With this in mind, I'm all for the success of the new project in Bekan; anything that serves to raise football standards within the province is good for all counties concerned. I sincerely hope that whoever wins out in Connacht goes all they way and gives the rest of us something to aim at next year.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

You could count on one hand the number of years in the past 40 a Connacht team would be rated in top 3 in the country. Ros - 79/80. Mayo- 97/98. Galway -99/00. That s about it. Sligo have a very good team right now and will be kicking themselves if they don t win it this year. If they struggle in quarters? Nothing new there. So have Galway and Mayo as champions.
Roscommon are poor and will improve again. Leitrim do as best they can with the numbers they have. Mayo are in a hole of their own digging right now and will probably manage to dig their way out eventually. Galway are going through a bit of a dip and that has happened before. All teams fortunes do ebb and flow.
Anyway Connacht not really that relevant any more as an entity.It s every county for itself any more. From what I can see most punters take great satisfaction from the misfortune of their provincial neighbours. How many people go to see the provincial team play. Only at Colleges' level is it of relevance.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2010, 09:09:59 PM

You could count on one hand the number of years in the past 40 a Connacht team would be rated in top 3 in the country. Ros - 79/80. Mayo- 97/98. Galway -99/00. That s about it. Sligo have a very good team right now and will be kicking themselves if they don t win it this year. If they struggle in quarters? Nothing new there. So have Galway and Mayo as champions.
Roscommon are poor and will improve again. Leitrim do as best they can with the numbers they have. Mayo are in a hole of their own digging right now and will probably manage to dig their way out eventually. Galway are going through a bit of a dip and that has happened before. All teams fortunes do ebb and flow.
Anyway Connacht not really that relevant any more as an entity.It s every county for itself any more. From what I can see most punters take great satisfaction from the misfortune of their provincial neighbours. How many people go to see the provincial team play. Only at Colleges' level is it of relevance.

Too true, look at Rossfan's contempt for all things Mayo, and Sligonian's detestment for all things in the Green and Red. It makes me sick.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Beard

Sport/Football tends to be cyclical.........when three teams in the province are competitive the Connacht Champions tend to do better in Croke Park.........There are no Willie Joe Padden type figures in the game these days........blah blah blah blah....

This thread isn't going to shed any light on anything I don't think.......and I really should be doing something usefull like the ironing.......

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 28, 2010, 09:29:16 PM
look at Rossfan's contempt for all things Mayo, and Sligonian's detestment for all things in the Green and Red. It makes me sick.

While you on the other hand love us all and feel awful any time ye beat any of us  :-* :-* :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Beard on June 28, 2010, 10:10:15 PM
Sport/Football tends to be cyclical.........when three teams in the province are competitive the Connacht Champions tend to do better in Croke Park.........There are no Willie Joe Padden type figures in the game these days........blah blah blah blah....

This thread isn't going to shed any light on anything I don't think.......and I really should be doing something usefull like the ironing.......

This thread was a bad attempt at a wind up and should have been ignored.

Shrewdness

Well said Seanie. It must have been a wind up, because Mr Solan the Great couldn't be as big a patronising bollocks as the title of this thread makes him seem.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 28, 2010, 11:36:18 PM
Well said Seanie. It must have been a wind up, because Mr Solan the Great couldn't be as big a patronising bollocks as the title of this thread makes him seem.

Galway's loss today goes forward to back up my claim. Sad times for Connacht football. Its far to say that Roscommon and Sligo will have at most 2 games left in the championship.

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on July 10, 2010, 04:15:29 PM

Galway's loss today goes forward to back up my claim. Sad times for Connacht football. Its far to say that Roscommon and Sligo will have at most 2 games left in the championship.

Let's make a bet. If either county wins their next game after the Connacht Final will you run naked around the Octagon, one lap for each point they win by?

Then you must must post photos for the benefit of our lady posters and Ziggy on the hot men thread.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Since 2006 how many games has Mayo/Galway won outside of the Connacht championship?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Mayo beat Cavan in the backdoor since 2006.  :-[
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: muppet on July 10, 2010, 04:32:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on July 10, 2010, 04:15:29 PM

Let's make a bet. If either county wins their next game after the Connacht Final will you run naked around the Octagon, one lap for each point they win by?

Then you must must post photos for the benefit of our lady posters and Ziggy on the hot men thread.

Its a deal.

jjjshabadoojnr

Peter solan the great - the great gimp more like.