Down v The Longford Lager Louts - Round 2 Qualifier Páirc Esler @7pm July10th

Started by fairplay, June 28, 2010, 10:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Musha will you open a can of lightenthefuckup Billy, you're going on there for years about Westlucan and Eastlongford & now we're knobjockeys...  :D It's only an aul slag, lighten up...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

Ah Croí, has the sad demise of Westlucan coincided with a dramatic loss of sense of humour for the Swampsiders. 

Never mind, we'll be cheering for ye against the Ballymahonophiles.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 01, 2010, 04:45:53 PM
Ah Croí, has the sad demise of Westlucan coincided with a dramatic loss of sense of humour for the Swampsiders. 

Never mind, we'll be cheering for ye against the Ballymahonophiles.  ;)

The Swampsiders  :D A nice variation but I prefer the original, the Swampcriters. What will the committae of the Slashers People's Front come up with next???  :D

Billys Boots

Shock, horror.  I would never call ye the Swampcritters - they are a law onto themselves. 

snoopdog

There used to be a pub in Rathmines called Swampcritters was good for a few late ones once Bolands closed.

Brick Tamlin

great stuff...5 pages of shite talk, f*ck all about the actual game.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 02, 2010, 10:41:50 AM
Shock, horror.  I would never call ye the Swampcritters - they are a law onto themselves.

We'll have to up our game so...

snoopdog

Ok some football talk.
Down beat Rossies in a friendly match in Clones on wednesday. Big Dan was in the middle and Ambrose was in half back. Marty Clarke was poor again. Although he played well for An Riocht in the middle last night against Kilcoo.

bcarrier

So Clarke ( and others )  played matches on each of last two nights with a game coming up on Saturday ?

5 Sams

Quote from: bcarrier on July 02, 2010, 02:21:09 PM
So Clarke ( and others )  played matches on each of last two nights with a game coming up on Saturday ?

Who's playing on Saturday?
The Aristocrat Years

Billys Boots

Dubh driocht

Good for Dan to get game time, he needs a kick in the hole for not dipping in the second half at Casement and hoofing it at Mc Connell - Ambrose is needed at midfield to punch forward and link with his two fellow coaches- when that happened during the league, no defence could stop us.So let's see it Saturday week.Saturday night at the marshes, who cares what picture we see ?

snoopdog

firstly congrats to our Fellow Gaels from Longford on a great weekend for them. Best of luck in the Leinster minor final,

I guess the seniors will be on a crest of a wave now when you sail into the marshes on saturday noght. Down will need to get at it from the start.

Lazer

Given down's performance against Tyrone - the Longford Minors could beat them!

Lets hope down show a return to form and play teh way they did in the league!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Shamrock Shore

Longford will probably line out as they did for the Mayo game. Paul Barden may be a doubt but I expect a good auld battle on Sat. Busy weekend for Shore.

1. Off to the Newry game then dropped off in Drogheda on way back for good music in McHughs (read between the lines) and a scatter of drink
2. Leinster minor final on Sun mid-day Longford v Offaly while being feted (ala Fearon) in a suite (won't say which one but they do make drink) as a guest and then Louth v Meath

Looking forward to it all.