Fantasy Baseball

Started by resdubwhite, February 14, 2007, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

It is, but who beat them in the only game they've lost, which clinched a playoff spot? That's right.

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Nope, the Dbacks. They beat them in the first game of a 3 game series in Colorado, when the Dbacks needed one win to clinch the playoffs. They then lost the other 2 as the Rockies chased down the Padres. It'll be interesting.

heganboy

Torre is out, steinbrenner said he was gone if the yanks lost that series.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Yep. The only question is whether he will be allowed to leave gracefully or get the boot. His contract is up anyway I think.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2007, 01:59:41 PM
Nope, the Dbacks. They beat them in the first game of a 3 game series in Colorado, when the Dbacks needed one win to clinch the playoffs. They then lost the other 2 as the Rockies chased down the Padres. It'll be interesting.

I knew exactly who it was  :D

rdw

rockies are two up in nlcs.
red sox 1 up in alcs.

new devil

Torre is nearly 100% staying.....do any of yous go to the games

heganboy

i would get to a few games- why?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

Just wondering..who do you follow heaganboy...was at the two yankee games last weekend, sunday night was best game ive been to

Gabriel_Hurl

So much for the D'Backs  ;D

AZOffaly

So much is right :( Big change in one week. Cardinals turn into the SOC (Same Ole Cardinals) and the Dbacks get swept. Fair play to the Rockies though, I'd love to see an NL Champion.

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon

Internal politics at its dirtiest. How could he stay on!? They speculate publicly about his future before the team were even out. Steinbrenner and his sons knew he wouldnt take the bait. A pay cut and a performance based salary? A one year contract? If they think the fan on the street will not see through this and accept that Torre walked they must be right and naive. An attempt to rid themselves of the coach and remain on the moral highground. Someone spoke earlier about the motivation of the man inside each of us. Theres no way Torre could have accepted this offer. He probably should have not even given them the chance to table it. He should have walked the first minute the rumours started.

new devil

Yea looks like it Gab... f**k cant believe it  :( :(

He must of been offered less money