Fantasy Baseball

Started by resdubwhite, February 14, 2007, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

autopick draft is a load of cack- live draft is a must have! please change
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Mayo4Sam

Will it be affected if all the people in the group are not on-line when the draft is taking place?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Gabriel_Hurl

Make it a time when most people will be on-line

Mayo4Sam

What happens if there is someone how isn't on-line at that time?

Gabriel_Hurl

You can pre-rank the players you want to draft

heganboy

If you're not participating in the live draft, one of 2 things happens
If you have pre-ranked the players then whoever is the highest on you list that is still available will be drafted for you, however, if you don't pre-rank, then you will be assigned whoever is the highest ranked player in yahoo's own rankings. The biggest advantage in being in on the live draft is making sure you have your bases covered (literally) Otherwise you can end up with 5 first basemen and no outfielders, that sort of thing.
If you haven't got encyclopaedic knowledge of baseball (i.e. all of us) then I recommend that you look at a few of the different fantasy rankings available. Most of the big ones only differ by  a couple of places for the top 200 odd players which is pretty much 20 teams. You can rank the players any time before the live draft and have it saved on yahoo.

resdubwhite

noticed top ranked pitcher is only 39 on the list.

i presume scoring has chqanged, as pitchers were quite a storng currency last time I played two years ago.

lurganblue

the lurgan langers have signed up.
is it still gonna be an automatic draft then?

Jack Dempsey

admin might not be able to change type of draft.  :o, starting from scratch could be needed. Find the whole draft thing the best thing about the whole league

Mayo4Sam

It looks like i will have to start from scratch but an idea before i do would be to decide on a day of the week and a time to suit the most people for the draft.
I'll leave nominations open until 3 pm tomorrow for the time and day and then pick that day of the week late in march when i set up the new league.

Gabriel_Hurl

Mayo - were you in the Fantasy Baseball last year. You can use the same settings that were used then.

Anyway - it's up to you

Mayo4Sam

No i wasn't but if its possible to transfer the setting then someone who was should set it up

AZOffaly

Do ye want me to set it up??

heganboy

go for it AZ- we need your reports every week too
Please?

DrinkingHarp

Are we going with another league or just a different time?  If there is a live draft please start at least 1 pm as I am 6 hours behind everyone else?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014