Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 20, 2011, 05:47:23 PM
QuoteDo you wear Meath colours like herself?

I have been in there a few times with a Kerry jersey on me and had rotten fish flung at me once or twice !!

Now you can't totaly blame that on Cork folk, it could happen in all the other 32 counties.  :D

lynchbhoy

If yez remember 'mccarthys bar' sure there's a whole raft of English settlers in various wee areas all round cork - Esp kinsale!

As for the sf guy shaking the queens hand - fair play to him. Party policy if that exists for not being courteous shouldn't come into it for meeting foreign officials. I'd not agree with sf's stance though anyway.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 20, 2011, 10:05:37 PM
If yez remember 'mccarthys bar' sure there's a whole raft of English settlers in various wee areas all round cork - Esp kinsale!

As for the sf guy shaking the queens hand - fair play to him. Party policy if that exists for not being courteous shouldn't come into it for meeting foreign officials. I'd not agree with sf's stance though anyway.

Well the decendants of the English lads who settled in Baltimore, County Cork are probably getting the shit bombed out of them by the RAF in Tripoli right now.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Was it Cork or Waterford that Sir Walter Raleigh had a few acres.

TBF Connacht is the only Irish province  ;)

Tony Baloney

A fella in work was in Kinsale a while back and said nearly every restaurant he went into was owned by someone from England, France and Germany.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2011, 11:05:50 PM
A fella in work was in Kinsale a while back and said nearly every restaurant he went into was owned by someone from England, France and Germany.

The Infamous Senior Bondholders perhaps!

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Maguire01

Quote from: gerry on May 20, 2011, 11:13:14 PM
QuoteGet ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

as long as its not the flag of your country
This one has been doing the rounds. The Garda clearly corrected herself - she was referring to the flag pole and not the flag.

But two questions - why was this person filming themselves going through the checkpoint? And what is the story with her accent? She's not even Irish by the sound of things.

Applesisapples

Tell me I'm confused is Cork now the Royal County and if so where does that leave Meath?

Maguire01

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 20, 2011, 06:20:03 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 20, 2011, 01:57:39 PM
It has emerged that the Sinn Féin Mayor of Cashel, Cllr Michael Brown, shook Queen Elizabeth II's hand during her visit to the town
No one going to comment on this? Ulick? Nally? Lawnseed?
Still no comment? Has no one put paper in the fax machine?

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 21, 2011, 12:39:08 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 20, 2011, 06:20:03 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 20, 2011, 01:57:39 PM
It has emerged that the Sinn Féin Mayor of Cashel, Cllr Michael Brown, shook Queen Elizabeth II's hand during her visit to the town
No one going to comment on this? Ulick? Nally? Lawnseed?
Still no comment? Has no one put paper in the fax machine?

Why are you asking this?

Do you think they'll feel betrayed/embarrassed? Will that give you a kick?

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

I'm interested to know whether they think he was right or wrong to do what he did. And I'd be interested in hearing their opinion before we have an official party line.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: gerry on May 20, 2011, 11:13:14 PM
QuoteGet ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

as long as its not the flag of your country

My younger brother, he must have been 11 at the time, had his Mayo flag pole broke in two by a Garda and told to remove the pole from the flag on the way into the 1996 All-Ireland Final (first game). The Garda had a big durty Meath accent on him. Still angers me to this day.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 21, 2011, 12:36:29 AM
Tell me I'm confused is Cork now the Royal County and if so where does that leave Meath?

Well the Rebels the Cork folk always proclaim themselves to be, the original ones were not Nationalist, Republican or even Irish Royalty Rebels. The Rebels were actually the losing side in one of the many British Royal disputes. The original Cork Rebels were Royalists.